13:57 ST
[EVENT] Choose Your Own Adventure: official thread
If it’s from French, which based on the spelling it looks like it is, it’s pronounced “kroo”
Posted 02/09/15
That is what I thought. Thank you, glitch!
Posted 02/09/15
I keep calling him Crouton in my head *looks away innocently*
Posted 02/10/15

Oh my god this kind of event stresses me out so much!! I mean I truly do appreciate the hard work put into it but I swear I’m gonna have a panic attack because of my inability to draw a cave and having to post it for EVERYONE to see. Or, if I give up drawing, having to post my disgusting awful worst-ever writing for all to see. I want the items and the pet really badly.

But seriously, I really do think its great that Mycena Cave has such a nice variety in events and I genuinely think this is very creative. But holy heck I’m gonna scream… It’s just not fun in the slightest, for me. But I’m glad other people are having fun and I hope everyone can create some wonderful entries!

Posted 02/10/15, edited 02/10/15

ah, you’re not alone gabriel uou
luckily for me I’m not super interested in the pet or the items this time around(and boy is that a relief, life’s really stressful for me right now and I no longer have a working tablet to begin with x_x), but this sort of thing plagues my anxiety as well. at least we do have that variety in site events to ensure it’s not like that every event, haha. or at least, if there are art/writing portions there is usually other stuff going on that isn’t…intimidating to participate in.

Posted 02/11/15
;^; I’m really afraid of posting a written entry because I’m not sure how long to make it. Is there a certain length it needs t be?
Posted 02/12/15
Bunnii; There is no length requirement or maximum :) The general idea to keep in mind is that whichever way you go, the character(s) will likely face some sort of obstacle (whether a monster, Myla’s socks, or something absolutely different) & they have to conquer/resolve/find a way around it somehow. As long as the entry is ‘complete’ (e.g. a finished piece), ‘s all good!
Posted 02/12/15
Ahh okay, thanks Juney! :3 That makes me feel a lot better! ^3^
Posted 02/12/15
Do we have to enter each part? For instance, could we skip the first round and do the last two?
Posted 02/12/15

Hi Corvani!

You can choose to participate in as little or as much of the event as you like, and you will receive points accordingly which you can spend on items. Note however that you must participate in all three in order to receive the Lily of the Valley coat.

Posted 02/12/15
Good to know, thanks!
Posted 02/12/15

” I keep calling him Crouton in my head *looks away innocently* ”

AHH NOW I HAVE TO CALL HIM CROUTON, I HAVE NO CHOICE

Posted 02/13/15

“You will have 12 days to complete your entry for each part. The first (beginning) prompt will be released on February 7; the second (middle) prompt will be released on February 20; and the third (end) prompt will be released on March 5.”

So, just to make sure I’m very clear on this, entries must be submitted for each round within 12 days of it being released. Does that count start from the next full day or from the day the prompt was posted? For example, the first prompt’s submission could be due on 2/18 (which is 12 days including 2/7) or 2/19 (which is 12 days starting from 2/8).

(Since I only found out about the site 2 days ago and joined then, I want to make sure I give myself enough time to write a good entry but still submit on time. ;o;/ )

Posted 02/15/15

Welcome to MC, shadowpup88! I’m glad you joined in time to participate in this :D

To answer your question, it’s counted from the day the prompt was posted. Entries for the first part must be submitted by 11:59 pm site time on 2/18. The full schedule is:

Part 1 - 2/7 to 2/18
Part 2 - 2/20 to 3/3
Part 3 - 3/5 - 3/16

A general reminder to everyone:

Please keep in mind that your entry should somehow show your response to the option you pick. For this first part, that would mean actually traveling down the tunnel that you choose, regardless of whether or not your character actually makes it all the way through. Remember, part of your grade is based on how well you answer the prompt!

Posted 02/15/15, edited 02/15/15

I was just re-reading the original announcement and I am suddenly really hopeful that someone is doing an interpretive dance entry.

Please, someone?~

Posted 02/16/15

I second what Pirran said. *3*

I have a question! It says that the users with the highest-scoring entries will be entered into a raffle at the end of the event, does it mean that each entry with the maximum score of four will earn a ticket? Or is it about the overall score of all three parts together? *Eyes the word “breeding” hungrily.*

Posted 02/16/15

:D I have a few more questions! Thanks for answering my last one, Prose.

1. To get all possible feedback points for the event, do we need to submit feedback on the works of 6 unique users over the course of the event? (So we could do 2 this prompt, 2 next prompt, 2 last prompt.) That is how I interpreted it, but one of my friends read it as needing to do 6 per prompt (so 6 this prompt, 6 next, 6 last). Clarification would be great, since the difference between 2 and 6 is kinda big for this. Thanks!

2. Also, what is the deadline for the feedback to make sure it counts?

3. Will we know how we scored on each part before the next part comes out? o: I’d love that if it’s possible, so we know in advance how to improve our entry for the next part. (E.g., if I scored 2/4 points on the first part because we didn’t quite meet some of the requirements, I would really appreciate being able to work on the second part knowing what I did wrong, so I can keep it from happening again. Otherwise, we might lose points for the same mistake in each entry…)

Posted 02/16/15, edited 02/16/15

Rhyme - It’s about the overall score of all three parts together, which means that each user can only be entered into the raffle once at most :)

shadowpup88 - 1. Yes, you would need to submit feedback for 6 unique users over the entire event. These can be split up however you like over the three parts. You’re definitely welcome to give more feedback if you’d like, but in order to get all the points for this, you only need to leave 6 comments total, not 6 per part.

2. Feedback should be submitted within a week after the period for that prompt closes. For example, the last day to submit feedback for part 1 entries would be 2/25.

3. No, you won’t know how you scored for each part before the next prompt comes out. The score is only an overall number and wouldn’t tell you much about where you’d need to improve; feedback from other players really would be more helpful for that than knowing your score :)

I hope this helps!

Posted 02/16/15, edited 02/16/15
Thanks, Prose! Seems like I need to give the other prompts my all, too. *w*
Posted 02/17/15

This feels nitpickish but I’m curious about Darrie and Mim’s coat color, or if it even matters what color we make them? I defaulted to Cave Shadows for Darrie because I needed to show her paws but now I’m wondering if I should have asked first. I see other people using other mushrooms for the twins though, so maybe it’s okay to choose for ourselves on this one? I guess I’d have the same question about Crou as well now that I think about it.

Also, in the main entry “Crou” was called “Cout” near the middle. I just thought I’d point that out since nobody else has.

Posted 02/17/15
Auswren - Feel free to give the characters any coat color you’d like!
Posted 02/17/15
This is just a reminder that part 1 closes at 11:59 pm site time on 2/18, which is just a little more than 24 hours away!
Posted 02/17/15
wait, i thought it closed on the 20th? ;A; aren’t we supposed to have two weeks?
Posted 02/18/15, edited 02/18/15
baekhesten; As Prose detailed here (and stated in the first post by the Bone Monster), you’ve got 12 days (always including two weekends) for each part, so.. Nope, not two full weeks, I’m afraid!
ahh, my friend misinformed me then, i should have looked closer. >n< thanks for the reminder!
Aww I thought it was the twentieth as well. D: I’ll have to rush to get finished for today!
Posted 02/18/15

For the longest of times I procrastinated on this and was considering just skipping it altogether, but decided not to, and I’m glad I didn’t. Seems like this event made me rerealize the joy of writing and the excitement I feel when I receive feedback to improve on my work. Hopfully I fulfill the minimum requirements, too. I really want that ineki. Haha.

Anyway, kudos to the staff for making another great event. I’m glad the feedback is optional, too.

Posted 02/18/15
Part 1 is now closed

You can no longer submit or edit entries for this part of the adventure. Stay tuned for part 2, which will be released on 2/20! In the meantime, you can continue to give one another feedback up until the 25th.

Posted 02/19/15
Holy crap, I just read this and realized if I didn’t finish up what I had in mind this morning my entry would be left incomplete. I don’t even know if it’s considered just in time, since I completed it 4 hours before the bone monster’s post. D:
Posted 02/19/15

I feel like mine won’t be considered complete, but that’s okay, it feels good to just be writing.

OTL

Posted 02/19/15