15:45 ST
January News Discussion
January blows in!

January’s OotS is twinkling Starlight, and the cute puffy Starbright Bobtail and Starbright Wig are also available. Meru created this set, which is available for purchase in the Out of the Shadows shop through the end of January!

Note about the Starbright Bobtail and drasillis:
The bobtail item does equip to drasillis, but it currently doesn’t toggle their tail off since the drasillis body and tail are all one group unlike all of our other bases where the tail is a separate group. 

However, we will be separating the tail from the body on past site coats so that tail body mods will toggle off the tails, and any drasillis made in the future will also have that ability!

There are too many existing drasillis customs to implement this change across them all, but players who have a drasillis custom without a separate tail layer may go through the edit queue and have the change implemented for 1 PP if they want.  All future drasillis customs will be made with a separate tail layer. Some may already have a separate tail layer — one can check this by going to the “manage” page for the pet and seeing if there is a layer called “tail!”

New Seasonal

Get into a snowball fight with the new seasonal, Snow Day!  This coat was created by Eluii, and the coat mushroom is available for purchase in Fungimental Magic through March 19th.

The Creative Collective

Another month of the Creative Collective is now behind us. Thanks to everyone who shared their creations this past month! The raffles have been pulled and new prompts for December have been posted.

Additionally, the Bag of Wonders has had another new addition: the Wooden Wand of Wisps!

New Shop Items

Several new items stocked in the shops this month! 

New leg warmers can be found in Sullie’s Closet! All leg warmers have had their compatibility expanded to Kelphi and Ineki as well.

New color-changing sclera charms are located in Val’s Modern Composition!

The new background is located in Lands Within!

Secret Santa ends soon!

Now that December has concluded, everyone who participated in Secret Santa should be wrapping up their interactions and present-giving.  The hard deadline for this event is January 7th!

Small winter event coming in January

Mycena Cave will be hosting a winter event similar to last year’s Winter Watch.  More will be announced as we get closer to having that put together!

Posted 01/01/18, edited 01/01/18

Ooh, event? Much excite :o
And the new coats are beautiful!!

Dove I thought the new seasonal was called Snow Day?

Posted 01/01/18

Cosmo
Whoops - good catch! Fixed!

Posted 01/01/18

I love this cat. I just have to pick a good day to carve one (and choose between upright or active - oh dear lol). and I’m actually really stoked to have the leg warmer compatibility expanded! It was one of the first items I remember buying and wishing would work on everyone :D

Is there an ETA for the last event’s feedback survey results?

Posted 01/01/18
Jacq Yep!  It’ll be within the next week. :)
Posted 01/01/18

Hmmm, the Out Of The Shadows preview for the monthly seems to be broken. :o

Also, SPACE DOGGY!!! <333

(Also yes I know it’s a cat but the bobtail makes them have one tail which means doggo.)

Posted 01/01/18, edited 01/01/18
glitch there’s a glitch with the image display on the OotS page
Posted 01/02/18
I have not received the gift from my Santa…it needs to be digital…my Santa said he would not be able to give me a gift…I’m upset…
Posted 01/02/18

Verryroll

There is a place under the Santa tab to mark your Santa as a flake. Once you have done so, someone should be in contact with you soon to help resolve the situation.

Posted 01/02/18
Dash  noted your Santa…as soon as someone needs to contact?
Posted 01/02/18
Fie95polygone  Thank you! Fixed. :)
Posted 01/04/18
Dras with tail/body separation update
  • Rainforest
  • Arcane Whispers
  • Crowned Crane
  • Twelfth Hour
  • Monster’s Minion
  • Enchanted Stone
  • 99942 Apophis
  • Orange Calcite
  • Spring Sprouts
  • Frazil (crystals also made toggleable)

This list will be updated as I work my way through the dras site coats!

Done!

Posted 01/04/18, edited 01/05/18
Like previous out of the shadow wig items, will we be seeing the starbright wig recolored in the shops in the future? If so, would we also be seeing a recolored version of the starbright bobtail to match?
Posted 01/04/18
Miku  Meru has wig and tail shop recolors on her agenda, so at some point we will stock both in the shops! :)
Posted 01/04/18
New shop items

Bobtail tail modifications, created by Meru, can now be purchased for nuggets at Val’s Modern Composition! Enjoy!

Posted 01/07/18
Yayyy so cute! I may get one for my Prance baby :D Thanks Meru!
Posted 01/07/18
AHHH so cute!! Love the black<3 Thanks for the fantastic recolors!
Posted 01/07/18

Myla Don’t know if I just didn’t notice this previously, or if it is a new glitch but the Candyfloss wings seems to be only one layer on the active dras and so the ‘back wing’ lays over the neck instead of behind it:

And something with just the wings:

Posted 01/08/18, edited 01/08/18
just popping in to say that sarynae is GORGEOUS Malis all those items and the drift look SO GOOD together. great job
Posted 01/08/18, edited 01/08/18
Malis  Yep, they were glued together.  I fixed it! :)
Posted 01/08/18

Salem Thanks! I was just goofing around ‘cause I got a cute drift and popped them on… and then I decided to keep it that way! Doesn’t fit the character quite as much anymore but it’s too cute to switch out.

Myla Thank you!! It looks great now!

Posted 01/08/18

Announcing a Small Update to

Lone Mushrooms and Kinnen Proposals

1. Mycenians can now eat a Lone Mushroom, even if the geness being separated from has children.

This change is to alleviate the fact that it was possible to be “stuck” in a geness (for example, if it has sprouts on an account which has gone inactive). It is now always possible to exit a geness that you no longer want to be involved with.

Previously, if eating the Lone Mushroom would have resulted in only one member being left in the geness, the geness was dissolved entirely. This geness dissolution is to prevent two previously separated Mycenians (who would otherwise be in single-Mycenian genesses) from having to themselves eat Lone Mushrooms before being able to propose to each other. Geness dissolution is now slightly more complicated: if leaving a geness which has no children, then like before it will be dissolved if reduced to a single member; if leaving a geness that does have children, then it will be dissolved if reduced to zero members.

• Alice, Bob, and Charlie are in a geness with no sprouts. When Alice eats a Lone Mushroom, Alice leaves the geness which now consists of only Bob and Charlie.
    This functionality has not changed.

• Bob and Charlie are in a geness with no sprouts. When Bob eats a Lone Mushroom, the geness is dissolved entirely and neither Bob nor Charlie are in a geness.
    This functionality has not changed.

• Alice and Bob are in a geness, and are the parents of David. When Alice eats a Lone Mushroom, Alice leaves the geness which now consists of only Bob all by himself. Bob continues to be the parent of David. Alice is no longer a parent of David.
    This functionality was previously impossible, as Alice would not have been able to eat a Lone Mushroom.

• Bob is in a geness all by himself, and is the parent of David. When Bob eats a Lone Mushroom, the geness is dissolved entirely and Bob is no longer in a geness. David now has no parents at all (functionally similar to having grown up, eaten a Mushroom of Forgetting to break parental ties, then eaten an Immatureshroom to return to baby form).
    This functionality was previously impossible, as Bob would not have been able to eat a Lone Mushroom.

2. You can now propose Kinnen to non-adult Mycenians

Kinnen is the bond between a geness and its children. Previously, only adult Mycenians could be the target of Kinnen proposals. Now, non-adult Mycenians can be “adopted” without first having to grow to adulthood. Note that it is still the case that only an adult Mycenian can eat a Mushroom of Forgetting to sever ties with its parent geness. This change primarily affects Mycenians who are orphaned as a result of the dissolution of their parent geness, or those who have grown to adulthood and eaten a Mushroom of Forgetting before returning to youth via an immatureshroom.

Posted 01/09/18, edited 01/09/18
Thank you for the update on the mushrooms. I got the better understanding how they work exactly. x]
Posted 01/09/18

Oh my GOSH. glitch Thank you so, so much for this update!

I have multiple customs and other pets in old genesses that I’ve wanted to swap around. It’s been either impossible or completely cost prohibitive for how many nuggets/gems it would take to reorganize. This allows so much more freedom with my pets! I couldn’t be more pleased, this is a great new feature!! oAo

Posted 01/09/18
AhhhhhhHhHHHHH thank you for making this a thing!
Posted 01/10/18
I am super excited over all the bobtails, I can’t wait to buy them all for my pets! I really appreciate the changes that have been made on the loneshroom. That really helps me out with some of my pets!
Posted 01/10/18
glitch That is amazing news!! It makes creating fun genesses so much easier!! Thank you for this! <3
Posted 01/10/18
:D this is so great…that means i can have my Alpha actually make lots of babies with lots of different people without having to disconnect each child lol
Posted 01/10/18
Oh yay! I love that we can adopt baby pets now. I’ll have to talk to one of my geness partners to see if they want to swap the adult EoL for the baby one that is the pet that was originally intended to be their child.
Posted 01/13/18