23:43 ST
[EVENT] Letters from the Lost Wrap-Up and Feedback Survey
The Fate of Griselda and Mabel

The last of your charms clutched in hand, you make the journey up to Griselda’s cottage, hoping to snag one last pouch for your efforts. You arrive to find it shuttered, with no sign of the old Ineki anywhere nearby. While she never seemed to keep any sort of order about the place, it almost looks like nobody’s lived here for quite some time — the windows are boarded over and the door creaks quietly in the breeze, barely hanging in place by a single hinge.

You carefully wade through the overgrown garden and pry one of the rotting boards free to peek inside. The glass is warped and foggy, but you manage to make out the familiar details of the house’s interior. It’s almost like looking into an alternate reality — there is only empty space now where Griselda’s old furniture once rested, encroached on every side by knick-knacks and clutter. Sections of the floorboards and ceiling are rotted away; dust coats the floor and cobwebs cling to the corners.

The sound of a pebble clattering across the ground draws your attention to the wall behind the house; to the recently opened tunnel that leads to the Lost cavern. You make your way through it and step out among the lifeless stone statues. The cavern is nearly pristine by now, thanks to the help provided by yourself and many other Mycenians. The rubble cluttering the Lost’s bases has been cleared, and the whispers that once filled the air have gone silent.

Towards the center of the room, a single shaft of sunlight shines through the ceiling high above. In its center stands a familiar figure, her chin tipped up to the light. Relieved to have finally found Griselda, you approach, reaching out to rest a hand on her shoulder so as not to surprise her. She’s cold; stony — as you circle around to get a better look at her, you are greeted with the same blank eyes echoed in the statues all around you. Her mouth is carved into a gentle smile, and you can almost glimpse her gentle rose patterning through the dull stone.

As the breeze rustles past, the dull green lily she always kept tucked behind in her hair flutters loose. You bend to place it back upon her head and notice a note tucked beneath her stony paws:

Dearest friend,

Words cannot express my gratitude for your help over the past two weeks. Through your actions, our voices were able to be heard — even from beyond the veil. As the magic of this special time of year fades, my weariness grows and I find myself drifting to sleep once again.

Though I know I’ve already asked quite a lot from you during our time together, I have one final request. Please take care of my dear Mabel for me — she grows deeply lonely in my absence, and desires only a friend to walk beside.

Sincerely,
Griselda

available through November 30

Event Feedback

With the event at its conclusion, we look forward to hearing your opinions about the event and prizes!

For every 20 survey submissions we receive, we will be raffling off 1 random equippable item from the event. In order to be eligible for the raffle, please be sure to include your username in the form! Of course, you are also more than welcome to remain anonymous if you would prefer to do so.

This survey will remain open until 23:59 ST on November 30th, and the results will be compiled and summarized shortly thereafter.

Thank you for your participation, and for any feedback you may provide us!

Posted 11/22/17, edited 11/22/17

If you forgot to spend your charms at the event shop before its close, items have been auto-bought for you.

The leftover charms raffle will be drawn live at 21:00 server-time (i.e. in about 20 and a half hours).
Watch it here!

ok well now im crying
Posted 11/22/17

glitch Thank you for that feature!! I was kicking myself for forgetting to spend my last ones, I really appreciate that this is a thing.

ETA: Brb screaming over Mabel FOREVER

Losty glad it helped! :)
Posted 11/22/17

Sedd certainly doesn’t mind a skull-buddy for a season or so!

Posted 11/22/17
-sobs for Mable-
Posted 11/22/17

*just gonna… put Mabel there* ;w;

(Why my Mabel’s eyes were red while the others were green?)

Posted 11/22/17

FluffyJo
Mabel is a drifted item is looks like! Everyone got a different color drifted from the pink-y base in the puddle.

Posted 11/22/17

FluffyJo
It appears Mabel’s color is different according to species! Red for ineki, green for kelph, and blue for dras.

Mabel’s story makes me sad ; A ;
On the other hand she makes perfect sense in Aleph’s lore, given he’s based on Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey (and the concept of demon taming in general).
:D

EDIT: wait no i was wrong, I just saw a purple Mabel OOO:

Oh dang that’s really interesting! :o

I got a (slightly different) blue Mabel over here. :D

Posted 11/22/17

Look at this charm*-*! Mabel looks so milotic with them! *love them*

Posted 11/22/17

Sheppard cross

Oh? So it was generated randomly? I tried equipping my Mabel to my other pets and she stays red!
That’s kinda cool in my opinion :0

And the story was sad, indeed…! ;w;

Posted 11/22/17

cross You are right she looks all different :D
But NNT certain colors for certain types *shakes Mabel squeals with joy*

Posted 11/22/17

Sorry guys, I had to also show my Mabel off since she matches Nadira so beautifully.

I got a nice green that I think matches my first EoL, but I think Mabel will be happiest with my Reaper :D

Posted 11/22/17

FluffyJo
Yup! Randomly generated when you clicked the button, that’s why the one in the puddle is always the same because they’re all drifted on the hue slider from that one. (Essence of Love pets were that same way)

Posted 11/22/17

I’m so into these unique Mabels. It makes me wonder if they keep their colors if they change accounts. HMM.

And look! SHE GREEN!

Posted 11/22/17
Mabel ended up being the perfect companion for Máiréad and Norbert!
Posted 11/22/17
When you accidentally submit your form without entering your username ;_;
Posted 11/22/17

Got a nice pretty purple-y blue (indigo?) Mabel that matches Ira’s colors pretty well.

Posted 11/22/17
My Mabel is pretty and teal-ish. :D
Posted 11/22/17

How cool! Thank you for the additional item!

The hearts and eyes are yellow on my end. I love how well it matches~

Awwhh my Mabel’s my favorite colour! ^,^  and she looks adorable with my Devil Dog <3

Thank you for such a fun event!  And I love my lil Mabel <3

Posted 11/22/17

My Mabel is red :)
Does anyone know if the color is based on our user? Like, could I trade my red Mabel for a different color with someone else or is the color account locked or something?

Posted 11/22/17

I’ve got a purple Mabel! 8D

Posted 11/22/17

Madara

I have some friends who swapped, it’s not account bound.

Posted 11/22/17

Oh my goodness…. what a great ending.. the lore here always impresses me! Amazing job staff, all the little touches, making Griselda uncarved :O

This was a great event!

edit: for the life of me i cant remember any words i thought should be added x______x; oh well. if i remember any i’ll post them

:D Very pleased with this. Bonus PLUS drifted? Yes, please, thanks :D

Posted 11/22/17

MYLY!! MYLY FALKOR IS SO HAPPY!! LOOK HOW MUCH THEY LUV EACH OTHER!! *wibbles and plots spirit babies*

Posted 11/22/17