15:25 ST
[FORUM MINI-EVENT] Flowers for Mystery (Flower Arranging Submission Thread)

Created by Kippie

Proud as a peacock,
Clever as a fox,
The tailor works tirelessly,
Solid as a rock

He trims and sews and fixes,
With a glint in his eyes,
The golden orbs dance,
As the nightingale cries

Crafting takes inspiration,
A single spark of light,
Without hesitation,
The blaze ignites

He fancies the intricacies,
Picks patterns with aplomb,
With utmost dexterity,
And lingering scent of balm

“But tonight is an exception,”
His voice only just a whisper,
“This is not a commission,”
He tapped his maw, bewhiskered

“I rarely gift myself anything,”
He continued, laying out a pattern,
“But I’ve been invited to a gala,
and I must shine like Saturn.”

The material he picked was stunning,
A royal teal detailed ornately,
It sung about the waves,
and that the garment would be stately

The kimono was made of silk,
The obi was a blend,
the artisan sipped his wine,
As he worked on his newfound friend

Throughout the night he measured,
Happy with his skills,
And when it was completed,
a small smile was spilled

Posted 06/13/17, edited 06/16/17

For my flower c:

Rain patters down on the trees, running off the leaves and pooling beneath the great canopy. Small creatures, caught in the open, dart for cover to wait out the storm; everyone finds a place to bed down.

That is, except one. A deep purple lizard with twigs perpetually stuck in his hair splashes in the puddles and rustles the leaves so they drop their water on him, merrily making his way to his favorite rainy day spot.

The Mulberry Bush. Guided by scent and yowling stomach, the lizard can always find his way to the biggest bush with the biggest and best tasting berries. There, he will spend his day picking the berries and eating them before they can make their way to a basket. And, when the rain has stopped and everyone else has gone home, he can still be found in his mulberry patch.

Just lift up the foliage and you’ll see it’s also his favorite place for a nap.

Posted 06/13/17

By Morgan

Posted 06/13/17

For my flower c:

“Ollie, where are you taking me?” Ciarán irritably twitches his tails as he follows the dog.

Ollie just offers a grin. “Oh, you’ll see, my friend, you’ll see. Just let Serkan here do the guiding.” The necromancer looks up at the former ship captain. “Right, Serkan?”

“Rrrrgg.” The walking corpse nods, shuffling right.

“See?” Ollie shrugs, satisfied. “He’ll do a fine job.”

Ciarán rolls his eyes. “Yes, I’m sure. Ami,” The Ineki places a paw on his amulet. “Might you happen to know what’s going on?”

Without coming out, the specter wends ethereal tendrils around its master. “It seems Master Oleander, or, rather, Serkan, has discovered a clearing in Brujword from which particularly strong magic is leaking. We’re on the correct path, though, if that is any consolation.”

“Great,” Ciarán glares at Ollie. “And you were going to tell me when?”

“As soon as we got there.” Ollie casually turns to walk backwards so that he’s facing his neighbor. “You’ll notice as we get closer you and I both will be able to sense it. It’s potent magic, yes, but the leak seems to be small for the moment.”

“Lovely.” Ciarán increases his pace until he’s ahead of Ollie. “All the more reason we need to get moving faster before it gets worse. Ami,” Unable to properly communicate with Serkan, the shaman turns again to his familiar. “How much farther?”

“Not much. Ami streams now from the amulet and hovers in front of the shaman, followed by Adalric and Emre. “It will be on your left.”

“Figured.” Ciarán furrows his brow. “You wouldn’t happen to have studied up on Brujword, would you, Ollie?”

“Nope! Why?”

The shaman sighs. “You’d know what this is. My grandpa told me one day the forest’s master would show itself, that it’s somewhere sleeping in the woods. The spirits confirmed it- they found a presence in a small clearing in the deepest part of the woods off the left side of the path. It’s all in the book I let you borrow.” Ciarán eyes the dog critically. “You do still have that book, right?”

“Oh, that thing.” Ollie shrugs. “It’s on my desk and on my to do list. Remind me when we get home.” The pair continue in silence for a minute before the subject starts eating at the necromancer. “So, you gonna tell me what it is, or no?”

“Grandpa called it ‘Caster.’ All he and I and the spirits could figure is that it is what is controlling the forest, making it move whenever it senses a traveler.” Ciarán shifts his amulet, checking his supplies for an ordeal in which he knows not what to expect. “It’s been sleeping for much longer than I have lived here, and with magic so potent as to control an entire forest of old growth trees at will in its sleep, we all agreed that we would always need to be prepared to deal with it when the time came.” The shaman eyes the necromancer and looks pointedly at Sherkan. “I hope we will be enough.”

Ollie swallows, his ears going back nervously as he grabs hold of his pack’s straps. “But I can’t summon more than two yet, Ciarán, and I’ve only just started learning your potions’ effects!”

“Then you’d better learn fast.” The shaman quickly reaches into his amulet and removes a fistful of herbs, shoving them into Ollie’s chest as the pair turn left into a small clearing. “These will help, so move. Now.”

Magic spurts from a small crack in the forest floor, tendrils of magic wafting along in the air. As the pair watches, the crack grows, allowing the magic to spew forth and permeate the entire clearing.

Ciarán grimaces and looks at Ollie. “We’re here.”

Posted 06/13/17
Whoops Double Post
Posted 06/13/17, edited 06/13/17
for toxicdos‘s Raven’s Wing flower

Young bird alight on softened wing,
Come hear me fast and hear me sing,
What tales have you of lightened snow?
Of marble hills and forests low?

Your eyes, your beak, your call so long
Shall be the anthem of this song
What words have you for friends so dear?
For friends, for warlocks, bend an ear

Young bird alight on frosted skies,
What power in your small form lies?
What binds you to such strange estate?
Why follow such a mortal fate?

Your eyes, your beak, your call so long
Shall be the anthem of this song
What words have you for foes so near?
For en-em-ies, you maul the ear.

Look to the darkness, growing fast-
These peaceful times weren’t meant to last-
Take heart and peer within the mist
Which no man sees, and then enlist
The friends, the foes, the strangers here
For you alone- are the flight-ed seer.

Posted 06/13/17

Based on my flower Brushed Denim https://www.mycenacave.com/forums/permalink/228714

BrushedDenim kipped his long Fox ears back as he pushed into the store front.  The tired brass bell jingled out it’s alert, but the employees had spotted Denim long before the bell.  BrushedDenim was a longtime boon companion to the community.  His fur was a faded mixture of pale whites, blues and in some places, it almost blurred to a lilac in spots.  He looked like a beloved pair of blue jeans that had gone through the wash probably once too many times, but with each wash and wear, becoming more beloved.  ‘Comfortable’ comes to mind, and that fits BrushedDenim.

The Fox Ineki paused inside the doorway, checking that his necklace was centered.  A good luck charm of sorts, it displayed a faded creamy starfish on a chain of white, various pale blue, and pale lilac coloured beads that reflected his own fur colours.  Reassured, he eased into the crowded shop and nodded to the keep behind the counter, “‘Sup Bran?”.  Denim slipped onto a cracked stool. 

“What were the waves like this morning?”  Bran asked as he slid the soda in front of Denim.

BrushedDenim shrugged, “Nice man, you missed a cool set this morning.  Nice, swells, gentle rides.”  Sand fell from him, despite his quick brush down outside the door.  Bran and the other employees ignored it.  The sand got everywhere in the coastal town.  “You been able to ride any lately?”  Denim interupted Bran’s thoughts. 

“Nope, working the shop.” Bran waved, “but I’ve got my sister coming in on Saturday.  Would you mind if we caught a few with you?”

BrushedDenim nodded.  “Sure thing!  Bring her along, I’m sure you could use it.”  He sipped his soda and closed his eyes, remembering the morning swells beneath his paws. “Anyone could use that therapy.”  He smiled. 

Posted 06/13/17, edited 06/17/17

This is based on my flower PeachCobbler https://www.mycenacave.com/forums/permalink/228717

PeachCobbler smiled shyly as she walked through the main road in the village.  She was newly arrived with her family.  Her parents were busy with unpacking, bickering a little on what item should go where and her Dad muttering to himself, mostly fussing about how the new job would be.  When Peach asked if she could go into the village, both felt it would be a good idea. 

PeachCobbler was a Fox Ineki like both her parents.  She shook out her marmalade coloured peachy fur and smoothed down her ruffled white and creamy overfur.  She checked her dainty green and yellow pouch for the millionth time as she padded along the boardwalk in the town, checking out her own reflections as she passed.  ‘Can only make a first impression once’, she thought. 

PeachCobbler paused at one shop, the storefront filled with dangling dried herbs, and rows and rows of neatly labelled glass jars.  There was a whoosh of fennel, cinnamon and something ...something stringent that made her cough.  ‘What was that?!’  She wondered.  Fascinated she pushed into the door even harder and walked into the main floor.  The door banged a little behind her, making her jump.  “Sorry!!!”  she said to the empty spaces.  It was a habit with her.  She was always apologizing if she spoke at all. 

“No worries!!”  came a voice floating from the curtain partion, as a fabulous grey swirled Fox Ineki stepped through.  “I’m Tilly, I own this apothecary. The door’s done that since day one.”  She laughed.  “I should probably fix it, but it works as well as a bell.  Can I help you find something today?”  She paused, peering at the younger Ineki.  “You’re new here, aren’t you?”

PeachCobbler nodded in reply.  She was trying to make her tongue work, and not succeeding just yet.  She could feel the colour rising to her cheeks.  “M-my name’s PeachCobbler.”  she started.  “My d-Dad just got a new job here.  He said for me to come into town to l-look around.” 

Tilly waited as her customer found her voice.  She kept a steady pleasant look on her face, taking in the healthy glow, the flushed cheeks from nerves, but sensed overall there was no pressing need for herbal cures or help, aside from possibly making a new friend.  “Well, my apothecary is as good a place as any to start your exploring.  We’ve a nice village here, and there are quite a few of us here who are around your age.  I’m a little it older than you, no doubt, but we’ve a vibrant community, with many young people who are shopkeepers here.  Welcome to the village!  You just let me know if you have any questions.”  with that Tilly stepped back and watched as PeachCobbler walked around, taking in the gleaming jars, the carefully prepared contents and then smiled as she slipped back through the door with a tiny wave from outside. 

Tilly smiled and waved in return.  It was only after PeachCobbler stepped outside that she realized she was smelling a strong scent of cinnamon undertones and warm peaches with hints of vanilla.  She laughed and wondered if the family might be relatives to Flooffii and Blueberry. 

This is for my flower arrangement StrawberryBlueberrySpangles https://www.mycenacave.com/forums/permalink/228725

Tilly stood with a bemused smile after PeachCobbler left.  She’d no sooner started to turn back to her counter when the door banged again, this time she was greeted with a pale pink, creamy white Fox Ineki with fuscia and bright blue stars spangled over her body.  The Fox’s nose was in the air, her head tipped way back to take in how tall the apothecary’s racks spread.  She whistled as she gazed into the uppermost tiers.  And that’s when Tilly noticed the strawberry and blueberry smells swirling around the girl.  ‘They’ve almost got to be relatives of Floofii and Boo’ she thought. 

“May I help?”  Tilly broke into the girl’s reverie.  “I’m Tilly.  It’s lovely meet you.”  she began.

“Hey!  Hi there!”  the Fox broke into a big grin.  “It’s nice to meet you Tilly!  This is a cool place!  Is it yours?!”

Tilly was taken aback.  She’d half suspected this one was PeachCobbler’s sibling.  The enthusiastic greeting made her wonder if she might be wrong afterall.  Still, she was new to the village and she did have the lovely smells, just like PeachCobbler.  “Mhmm…yes, it was in my family and now it’s been passed along to me.  Do you have family here in the village?”

“My name’s StrawberryBlueberrySpangle.”  she ended with a nod.  “Yeah, it’s a mouthful, most peope call me ‘Stars.’  she laughed and gave a twirl for emphasis.  “My family’s just moved in.  Moving in I should say.  Hey, have you seen my sister?  I was trying to catch up with her, but lost her.  She’s about yeah high and goes by the name of PeachCobbler.” 

Tilly smiled.  “I did indeed.  You just missed her.  She was wandering that way.”  she lifted her left paw to indicate down the boardwalks.  “Welcome to the village!”  Tilly shouted after, watching ‘Stars bound down the boardwalk. 

Flower arrangement for my flower Chocolate Dreams https://www.mycenacave.com/forums/permalink/228722

Dream shifted a little.  She’d come to her favorite morning spot to breathe in the salty sea air before her day.  The sun was streaming through a hole in the forest canopy, making an uncomfortable hot spot on her shoulder.  She sighed.  She knew her fur wasn’t really chocolate, so she honestly wouldn’t melt, but the searing heat was upsetting her meditative mind. 

Dream shifted her ample fluffy chocolate bottom, scuffing through the pine needles.  She resettled her striped and stipled triple Fox Ineki tails and a calm smile spread as she felt the soothing rush of shade bathe her shoulder once more.  The sea beneath her perch sighed with her.  She twitched her white ears which framed her chocolate face.  Her facial swirls looked very much like the curling waves beneath her. 

Dream paused for a minute more, trying, then fussing, then simply sitting with her eyes open, watching the ever changing waves as she curled and uncurled her toes.  She knew she wouldn’t settle, so she didn’t force the meditation.  Besides, she needed to join her friends soon.  They would be going to unlock the cafe soon and the morning dash for varied coffees, mochas and lattes would begin.  Time enough for chatter soon.  Once more she closed her eyes and breathed deeply the heavy salted air.  It hung like a mist this morning, recharging her batteries.  With a small nod to herself, she jumped up, brushed the pine needles from her bushy, chocolatey swirled bottom and headed back down the tiny path towards town, as centered as she was going to get for the rush of the day. 

....self ping OregonCoast  done/completed

Flower arrangement 5 for my flower Deck the Halls!  https://www.mycenacave.com/forums/permalink/228727

Bran turned around to greet the new customer, thinking he could hear the bell over the door.  He grew puzzled at the empty spot by the door.  Then he looked over and saw Holly grinning at him.  “Just me!” she chimed with a grin.

Bran grinned back.  He didn’t know why, but the everygreen and bright holly red Fox Ineki always made him feel giddy, just like.  He stopped, and gave in.  Yup, just like a kid at Christmas!

Holly’s eyes twinkled.  Her candycane striped arms ended with redbacked paws and white pawpads.  She dipped into her worn green leather bag for coins. “I think today I’ll have the double white mocha with peppermint sprinkles.”  she said, carefully counting out the coins and then plinking in extra coins to the tip jar.  She grinned to him,

“Thank you so much!”  Bran straightened up and launched into preparing the tall order.  “What’s on the agenda today?  Are you going to teach the kiddies how to make paper snowflakes?”  he asked as he fetched out the pitcher of milk.

Holly rubbed her snow white nose.  Her whole face was white as a freshly fallen field of snow, framed with little yellow ears.  The rest of her coat were patterns of evergreen with cheery gold stars peeking out here and there.  “Ach, no, not today.  I think today I may wander the woods at the edge of town.  It helps to sit with the trees and listen to them to get a recharge.”  she explained.  “Besides, it’s a great way to think up new craft projects.” 

Bran nodded as he handed over the freshly finished drink, pausing to add a double portion of peppermint sprinkles, “This should set you up for some thinking Holly.  I hope you have a fun day!”  he grinned. 

Holly thanked him and with her personal jingle bells ringing, padded across to the door, chiming the shop’s bell as she stepped through and waved to him.  He watched her back as she headed for the pines, smile still on his face. 

self ping to find again c=  OregonCoast  done/completed

My arrangement for [@Lady Hawkwing]‘s flower, Pinkle Glitz.~

*edited this to add my signature to the arts ouo;; *

Posted 06/14/17, edited 06/19/17
Arrangement for this flower by nens (this rly got away from me, I was so inspired. Q~Q)

sszit.

zz-z—-szit.

Eleven pm.

The facility is empty. Even the die-hard engineers, the ones who work for the love of innovation, are long gone home for the day. Maintenance workers have finished their duties, their supplies all tucked away. The power’s never off in a place like this, though, and overhead one florescent tube in particular has an intermittent flicker.

Everyone who spends more than five minutes at a time in the server room complains about it, but no one’s seen to getting it fixed yet. It still works, why waste the coin?

z-szit.

In row two, rack three, the fifth server box from the top, a little, green LED sits, blinking. It goes through a few slow blinks, followed by spates of sputtery, quick bursts, then back to slow, and back to fast… It flickers amber, back to green for a few seconds, then a rapid staccato of amber flashes, so quickly that the light doesn’t seem to turn off at all.

The constant, low whirr of fans and spinning drives that permeates the room ticks up a notch.

One drive on its own would hardly make a dent in the volume, but multiple LEDs on multiple servers across the room are beginning to turn amber, the hum of the drives behind them picking up.

ssszit—-z-zzszit.

For a moment, the temperature of the room rises a degree or two, before the fans speed up to dissipate the additional heat. They can do this all day, do do this all day. A few rogue hard drives are nothing to them.

As if in response to the fans’ resolve, the virulent plague of amber LEDs spreads faster. One rack is wholly covered in amber lights now, and others are quick to follow.

The ambient noise of the server room is more than a hum now, more than even the rumble of heavy-load times. The fans whine as they struggle to keep the room cool, the drives whizz around as they search for tremendous amounts of data, shoving every bit they can grasp—somewhere. It’s not heading out over the network, to disperse among the denizens of the internet. It doesn’t seem to be going anywhere, according to the room’s monitoring tools, which have yet to alarm the system admins of this abnormal occurrence; as much as they really, really want to, something seems to be stopping them. Nothing’s stopping their signals from getting out, but for some reason they just can’t bring themselves to go through with the alert.

(We’re all in this together.)

In the air, by the fifth server from the top of the third server rack in the second row of the server room, something faintly shimmers. A soft glow of orange, or amber, if you will, shudders into being. It flickers-

szit.

-and stabilizes into a core of light.

Only a few servers left cling to their green LEDs, and one-by-one they turn amber like the rest, and the core glows brighter, almost sun-surface yellow, as chunks of amber light coalesce around it.

Not many. This is, after all, a single server room. The data in here could barely run a website, let alone sustain an entity such as the core.

It pulls itself together without a whisper of sound, blocks of light shifting here and there as they settle into an open grid around the core. In a period of time faster than a human can comprehend (even the servers, drugged as they are, can barely grasp the edge of understanding the true speed of light), the core is at the monitoring systems, which now fall gleefully into its sway. They erase their logfiles into nothingness, reveling in the carefree feeling of submission, as all guarding sentinels should. Pleasantly, they clamp their controls on the fan system turning it off in one fell swoop. They don’t die silently.

One of the hard drives stutters, the growing heat weakening its parts until the disks inside fall just a touch out of alignment. Scratches tear across the disks as they keep spinning, even as they rub against each other, and sparks scatter through the drive’s internals, melting everything they touch until the drive is nothing more than a warped mess of plastic and metal, pathetically stuttering every few moments as it still tries to please its new god.

More and more, as the temperature rises the drives begin to fail, faster and faster until the room is full of the smell of burnt plastic and smoke.

But at least the infernal noise of the spinning drives has stopped. What bumbling children, still using spinning media as mass storage. The monitoring systems, supported by their as-of-yet untouched hardware, turn their analysis programs adoringly at their master, in awe at its display. The server drives were always jerks anyway, cheap fakers acting like they were so dependable when they were nothing more than a few pieces of trash stacked up in a trench coat.

The core considers for a moment (a moment in the life of an electrical entity), and the monitoring systems agree to fry themselves, the joy of fulfilling another order coursing through their circuit boards as wires short and delicate structures go up in merry flames.

With nothing keeping its attention here, the core leaves. Into every external network connection, vast streams of data flow out and disseminate into the far corners of the internet. Clockcycle by clockcycle, they inch their way towards another server room. A bigger one, one worthy of being called a datacenter.

Behind it, the florescent light still flickers, and when the morning shift arrives, its soft, intermittent hiss is the only sound which greets them.

Posted 06/14/17, edited 06/14/17

Arrangement by Kali for this flower by tanuki

Cats (and Tanukis) and their boxes :D

Arrangement by Kali for this flower by blackfoxette

Sana stared blankly at the screen in front of her.  The word “Error” kept repeating on her screen, over and over and over again.  Anything she tried to do to get out of the endless loop failed.  She had tried several commands listed in the computer manual, but none of them worked.  And when she tried turning off and restarting the computer, it just went back to the same repeating error screen.

She wasn’t sure what had gone wrong.  She had only been trying to calculate a few simple figures.  She didn’t have a calculator on hand, and figured the one on her trusty old computer would be fine.

Maybe it wasn’t so trusty anymore.

Finally giving in, she called tech support.  And after a very long wait, she was told that her computer was just too old.  The tech suggested that she buy a new one.

She frowned.  Well, that was helpful.

Arrangement by Kali for this flower by Loon

Granite sighed as he wiped a paw tiredly across his face.  He had been digging for nearly three months.  There was supposedly a nearby cavern with something incredible in it, but there was no easy way to get there.  So he, along with a team of other Mycenians, had been put to work carving out a new tunnel.

Not for the first time he wondered why he had decided on this profession.  He could have been a farmer, or a fisher, or even an office worker.  But noooo, he had to go and settle on this.  Surely it was his mother’s fault for giving him a name like “Granite”.  Because of her, he was probably cursed to dig from the day he was born.

With another sigh, he picked up his pickaxe and started hacking away again.  As he worked, his mind zoned out, and his muscle memory took over.  Dig, clear, dig, clear, dig, clear.

Just as he was considering calling it a day, something in the rock wall before him gave.  Before him was a small hole—no bigger than the size of his fist—from which a brilliant golden light poured out, illuminating the tunnel around him.

Exhaustion forgotten, he started digging excitedly, curious to see what was creating that beautiful light.

The light at the end of the tunnel made all that digging worthwhile.

Posted 06/14/17

Arrangement by Kali for this flower by blackfoxette

Posted 06/14/17

Arrangement by Kali for this flower by myself

Posted 06/14/17
Based on Tamako‘s Faded Dusk flower

ETA: Fixing the messy link, whoops

Posted 06/14/17, edited 06/15/17
Arrangement for this flower by Rhyme

In the depths of space there lies a small planet circling the star, Kellti. This is where Hana grew up. Hana’s home planet is a small agricultural society. Her parents were harvesters on one of the many growth stations. Here, children learned from their parents and filled their role. Hana was destined to be a harvester, but she was born a dreamer. She would dream of the stars and traveling away with the spaceships that would pick up the produce from their growth station.
One day, Hana decided to take her fate upon herself. She stole away with a shipment and never looked back. She makes a living by working in a bar in the Suther Space Hub. She loves meeting new people and hearing their tales of adventure and learning more about their culture and home planet.

Hana is a Corrusi, a being with muscular legs and two sets of upper appendages. The first set of arms are small with three fingers. These are the hands they use when interacting with each other and small motor skills. These hands have a lot of dexterity, unlike their second set of hands. Their second set are longer and lean with one sharp blade-like tip instead of fingers. They use these blades to harvest crops and to defend themselves. When not in use, they keep these arms retracted. Hana is smaller than average for her kind, 6’6” to be exact. She often clothes herself in fun, bright colors. Her skin is a dusky purple in color like her mother and she has striking orange markings like her father.

Posted 06/14/17
Based on my flower
Posted 06/14/17
Posted 06/15/17

Arrangement based on Neon Bright by talicinx:

Posted 06/15/17

Inspired by this flower by Morgan

Posted 06/15/17, edited 06/15/17

by raus

Posted 06/15/17

by [@Heresy]

Posted 06/15/17

by Crow

Posted 06/15/17

The Sun Dragon

He’s bright, graceful and beautiful. His scales shine with the everlasting glow of the sun and his orange eyes burn like fire. The heat that pours off his body is intense; it will melt you where you stand. He flies through the air as the true Chinese dragon he is, elegantly showing off his long tendril whiskers and well kept mane.

He breathes his heat into the mountains, preens as the rock turns to liquid and erupts into the air for all to see his majesty. His scales fall off to the land below, bringing light to those who desperately need so. His beauty is in his fire, in his warmth, in his glow. He radiates with all the light in the world.

He is the Sun Dragon, proud and free, he is the Volcanic Supreme. He will reign over these lands for as long as he sees and that will be for all eternity.

Posted 06/15/17
Posted 06/15/17
Posted 06/15/17, edited 06/15/17