06:57 ST
July News Discussion
July is here!

July’s OotS is Carmine Carnival, along with their Glamorous Cape and Glorious Curls Wig! This month’s coat was created by Puppy, and the items were created by Myla. You can purchase this set from the Out of the Shadows shop through the end of the month!

Activity Updates
  • The Creative Collective has new prompts for July!
  • All claimed Bingos have now been tallied! If you’ve claimed a bingo, you may now request a new card!
  • A new round of the Chamber of Reflections has begun!
  • This month’s Productivi-Day will be held on Thursday, July 15th!

Seasonal Swap

Summer has arrived in the Cave and with those hot, humid days upon us, Bruc has begun cultivating his summertime stock. You can now purchase this year’s Summer Vibes as well as previous years’ Summer Seasonal mushrooms in Fungimental Magic! They will be available until Fall’s first chill rolls in.

Coats for a Cause

A new Coats for a Cause campaign has begun! From now through September 28th, all proceeds generated from the sale of our new Sunshower coat will be donated to Stop AAPI Hate. You can learn more about Coats for a Cause in this thread.

Birthday Bash Activities

Mycena Cave’s Eighth Birthday Bashtravaganza continues through the end of the day on July 4th! There’s still enough time for even the fashionably late to participate in the two current activities. Bake a cake! Make a recipe! Maybe even get confetti thrown in your face by some faceless miscreant!?

Chadwick’s Summer Snack Shack

Chadwick is back in town and is turning heads left and right as he struts along the beach, pecs flexing in the sunshine. Head down to the Summer Snack Shack to adorn yourself with the season’s finest accessories and attire! He will be manning the shop through July 20th, so be sure to stop by and spend some pocket change!

Item Dory

There’s still time to share your site item thoughts and desires with the Item Dory! While there’s no guarantee that your idea will be made into a site item, our artists and coordinators do reference the results of this poll throughout the year to help guide our theming. The Dory is open through July 4th, so get those ideas in while you still can!

Coming Soon…

Work on our Summer event is now underway! We’ll have more information to share with you later this month, so stay tuned!

Behind the Veil
  • glitch is currently working on some updates to the item inventory and the summer event.
  • Myla has been splitting her focus between art (queues and site art) and summer event planning.
  • The coordinator team is focused on running activities, and planning for the summer event.
  • The art team will be working summer event art, queue orders, and other misc. site art!
Posted 07/01/21, edited 07/01/21

Howdy everyone! Two quick updates for your profiles and inventories.

First - as of now, they are no longer simply drag-and-drop to sort. This was causing problems on mobile, making it difficult to scroll the page. Now there is a small button you can click to enable sorting-mode, allowing you to drag and drop much like before. In addition, when this mode is enabled you can now simply click the pet to select it for moving it to another pocket (so you no longer need to shift-click).

Second - we’ve added little descriptions that you can add to your pockets. It’s just plaintext for now, and relatively short in length, but it should be enough to briefly describe what’s in a given pocket if you want to do so. You can edit pocket descriptions in the pocket management interface.

Posted 07/04/21
I love the addition of pocket descriptions! I find them really useful on FR so happy to have them here too <3
Posted 07/04/21
Such awesome quality of life updates! I’m especially excited to be able to go into my inventory on my phone without risking mishaps!
Posted 07/04/21
Very excited I can arrange my inventory from mobile without mucking it all up :D However, I am noticing that if I rearrange a pocket in my inventory, the new arrangement isn’t saving :/ For pets, it’s working just fine.
Posted 07/04/21
Thanks Rowyn! I was able to get that sorted out shortly after you posted :)
Posted 07/05/21
Awesome! Thanks, glitch ^^
Posted 07/05/21
Calling all aspiring adventurers!

If you’ve ever wanted to start making your own adventures, but couldn’t figure out the system? We’ve got two new guides to help you find your way around!

Posted 07/25/21