20:22 ST
[Coats for a Cause] Stop AAPI Hate
Coats for a Cause
Stop AAPI Hate

The charity we’ve chosen to support through the sale of this coat is the Stop AAPI Hate coalition. We chose this organization due to the work they’re doing in response to increased bigotry against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders seen and experienced since the start of COVID-19. You can learn more about this organization’s goals and find the various resources they’ve created to help raise awareness of this growing issue here.

100% of the proceeds made from the sale of the Sunshower coat, created by Plaid, will be donated to this organization.

The Sunshower coat will be sold for $15.76 for the next three months, ending on 23:59 September 28th. At the end of this period, all proceeds from the sale of this coat will be donated to Stop AAPI Hate, and a mushroom for the coat will be placed permanently in Fungimental Magic where it will be able to be purchased for 54,000 nuggets.

The reason for this somewhat unusual price is in order to cover payment processor transaction fees. When we charge $15.76, our payment processor takes $0.76, and we receive $15.00. That way, each of these purchases will result in raising $15 for charity. Mycena Cave is covering the cost of the coat creation and is not deducting it from the proceeds.

For those of you filing US taxes this year, please note that this does not qualify as a tax-deductible charity donation: among other restrictions, tax-deductible charity donations require that you not receive anything in return for your donation, and since you will be receiving a Sunshower Mycenian, this will not qualify. If you would like to make a tax-deductible charity donation to Stop AAPI Hate, please donate to them directly here.

Posted 06/28/21

OH MY GOD IT’S SO PRETTY

Really excited to see more Coats for a Cause and REALLY glad to see the choice of cause here <3 Will be picking one up ASAP!

Posted 06/28/21
A pretty coat for a good cause! :D
Posted 06/28/21
I love the coat, and I love the choice of charity! So exciting to see another coat for a cause. <3
Posted 06/28/21
yesssss another charity coat!!!!!!!!!!! and it’s GORGEOUS!!!! I can’t wait to grab one!!!!!  thank you guys for doing this
Posted 06/28/21
It’s beautiful and I love the cause!
Posted 06/28/21
A really lovely coat for a wonderful cause <3
Posted 06/29/21
A gorgeous coat for a great cause! <3 It’s awesome to see more Coats for a Cause :D
Posted 06/29/21

Thank you to everyone who purchased a Sunshower!
We raised $495 for Stop AAPI Hate. Y’all rock :)

Apologies for the blurs, their donation receipt kept putting my home address all over it.

Posted 10/04/21, edited 10/04/21
Awesome!!
Posted 10/08/21