09:39 ST
June News Discussion
Wow, two whole years. Sometimes it feels longer while other times it feels shorter. Happy Birthday Mycenians!
Posted 06/21/15
happy birthday, Mycena Cave! what an amazing site this is, here’s hoping to many more incredible years. i can’t wait to see what the future holds.
Posted 06/21/15

Here’s to another wonderful year!
/ makes cheers gestures with slice of cake

Posted 06/21/15

Why do items no longer list who made them in their descriptions? How will I know who made what? :<

Also happy bday mycena!!

Posted 06/22/15
Hawkins; If I go here (Help -> Items -> Full listing) and I click each of the items, they all have a little note saying “Created by <artist name> <artist ID>” :o I think glitch may have changed it from description to a standard field there?
Posted 06/22/15
...huh. Has that information never been in inventoried items? ._.;
Posted 06/22/15
Nope - it was never in the descriptions or inventories.
Posted 06/22/15
Interesting… guess I was just looking on the item search page previously. Nvm then ignore me I spose?
Posted 06/22/15
Some quick updates

Hi everyone :) Two things to announce today!

First, a quick update to bbcode:
You can now (optionally) indicate table cell widths. You can add a number to the “td” tag to indicate percent widths, e.g.

[table=fancy]
  [tr]
    [td=20]20%[/td]
    [td=15]15%[/td]
    [td]65% (leftover)[/td]
  [/tr]
[/table]

results in

20% 15% 65% (leftover)

Second, a new layout option:
Over the past while we’ve been working hard to clean up the interface, and having the numeric user IDs scattered around everywhere is somewhat unsightly. So we’ve been working on cleaning things up, and moving user IDs to hover-tooltips where appropriate and even removing them entirely in some places (e.g. the Who’s Online page, as we can then fit 5 users per row). For example:

and on hover ->

and:

I know some people currently rely on being able to see user IDs in forum posts and the online list, so this change is optional, and for existing accounts the option defaults to the old style (new accounts default to the new layouts). You can play with the option on your Community Settings page :)

Note that this option affects what you see, not what anybody else sees.

Posted 06/22/15, edited 06/22/15
I know some people currently rely on being able to see user IDs in forum posts and the online list, so this change is optional, and for existing accounts the option defaults to the old style (new accounts default to the new layouts). You can play with the option on your Community Settings page :)glitch

When you say defaults to old style do you mean the original long list without boxes/indicators? Because if so mine is not defaulting lol

Posted 06/22/15
Hina I think the option just changes whether or not user IDs are visible.
Posted 06/22/15
OK that’s what I’m wondering. I see “old style” and think of the old style - the long list we had for two years. Not the first version of the new style we’ve had for… what? A week or so now? Just needed a clarification on the words xD
Posted 06/22/15
There’s an issue with the user online page. So when the usernames are too long, the little dot goes.. below the box. And the whole table gets messed up. I assume this is because it’s username and user number combined?
Posted 06/23/15
Oh thanks Shima :)
Posted 06/23/15
A few more little updates

Hello again everyone! We have a few more changes that have gone into effect today.

First, we’ve made a small change to how forums and echos display dates and times of posts. We now treat displaying datetimes exactly like Gmail does. As such, there are now three formats you may see, depending on how old the post is:

• Anything less than 24 hours old: e.g. “moments ago”, “12 minutes ago” or “4 hours ago”, etc.
  • Anything older than 24 hours but still the same year: e.g. “Jun 22”, “Mar 14”, etc.
  • Anything in previous year: e.g. “11/04/14”, etc

In all cases, if you hover over the field, you can see the full timestamp (e.g. “Tue, Jun 23rd, 2015 at 17:08”) in server time. We understand that the “previous year” notation may be confusing for our members in Europe (as we’re using MM/DD/YY and not DD/MM/YY)... I hope that the context of other dates around it will help allay any confusion that this may cause.

Second, we have removed all timezone functionality (i.e. you no longer set your timezone in the settings). This is because it no longer plays any purpose: anything in the last 24 hours (during which the differentiation would be particularly meaningful) now displays times relative to the current moment, and all datestamps (e.g. for stuff older than 24 hours) are in server time.

Third, with the more streamlined interface that this allows us to present, we have increased the “pinned threads” limit from 5 to 10. To everyone who felt that the 5-thread limit was too restrictive, I hope this change gives you a little more breathing-room!

Fourth, we’ve made a few small changes to the forums’ thread list layout — specifically we’ve separated out the “most recent post’s author and timestamp” into the two separate fields that it should probably have been all along.

That’s all, folks :)

Posted 06/25/15, edited 06/25/15
oh gosh thank you for the pin thread increase Glitch!!!!
Posted 06/25/15

YEAHHHHH MORE PINNED THREADS

*PINS ALL THE THREADS*

Posted 06/25/15
*pokes the smaller forum threads*
Posted 06/25/15
Hmm. I’m not totally comfortable with these time display changes. I guess I’ll get used to it with time, though.
Posted 06/25/15

Hmmmm, I don’t mind the time change thing on the forums, but in the custom queue it’s a lot more distracting. I liked when the custom queue used to tell me how many days I’d been waiting because it was easy to compare to of the average ‘days before acceptance’ thing on the custom page.

But now it displays as an actual day (mine is May 12th for example), so I’ve got to do a hell of a lot more math to check up on how many more days I’ll be waiting to get near average.

Posted 06/25/15
I’ve gotta agree.  I liked being able to see how many days I had on an order.  Now I can’t (well, easily) compare it to the ‘average day wait’ which… I liked doing. :D;
Posted 06/26/15
Yes that is rather annoying isn’t it? we shall have to do something about that
Posted 06/27/15
Oh wow. that is a really pretty pet for this month. I want more but i have no gems to buy them :(
Posted 06/27/15
the new Blushroom is so cute ;w;
Posted 06/30/15
omg… the blushroom is… equipable…. how adorable. c’:
Posted 06/30/15

Awww, I love the little equippable blushroom. <3 I also love that it’s so cheap; my urge to hoard mushkins has decreased. :D *hopes for more adorable mushroom buddies to pop up in Feathers and Flame some day*

The moveshroom is really weird… It looks all rubbery. Which makes sense because I guess it has to be flexible to mooove all around? xD

Posted 06/30/15

It looks really cute on this new forever coat <3

Posted 06/30/15