17:42 ST
[EVENT] Ye Olde Midsummer Faire (Aug 18th - Sept 1st)

Purr

Loll I was first with a score of 10,000 for a whole five minutes. xD The trick is that as your score gets higher, each successful sneak nets you more and more treasure—but getting caught also loses you more. xD

Posted 08/18/19
Hey, just curious about what the drop rate is for Potions Master? I have never had a potion drop for me, not that I play all that often. I’m just wondering if it’s worth it to keep grinding to see if one will drop eventually or if I should skip this quest in favor of other Faire events?
Posted 08/18/19

WindyFox
I don’t know the exact drop rate off the top of my head, or if that’s information we’re allowed to give out, but it’s certainly fairly low. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s one of the quests that most people don’t finish up - which we expected with a few of them that rely more heavily on chance. I would probably focus on the others first unless you’re really determined, though!

Posted 08/18/19

(psst, faire is not an accepted word for spellstones… which i found out while trying to complete the “a cunning challenge” quest, haha)

Posted 08/18/19
Crow Thank you! I figured it must be on the lower end. I would like to have one drop eventually (just for a sense of personal achievement,) but I suppose I’ll focus more on other things for now. :)
Posted 08/18/19
I just had a potion drop and skipped right past the screen, oops. Muscle memory fails me. :’)
Posted 08/19/19
I did that with a spellstones win, Oxton, but yours is worse. Ouch.
Posted 08/19/19

Thank you very much for the accessible event screen. I appreciate it as I’m having a bit of a hard time with the graphical version this time around.

At the risk of ruining any surprises, could I get a y/n if there are any easter eggs that are only visible/clickable from the graphical version? I know there’s been stuff in past events and I don’t want to miss out.

Posted 08/19/19
If anyone is having trouble with echolocation, please feel free to echo us or DM Ishy on discord (Ishliayaq#1027) for some help! It’s our favorite game, haha.
Posted 08/19/19

Oxton
Take a screenshot of it in your inventory - I will see if there is a way we can look into/confirm it, but even if not, I feel like the chances of that drop are low enough that I would hate for it to go to waste.

Jacq
No surprises!

Posted 08/19/19

Crow

Thanks a lot, I’ll do that, and if by the end of the event I luck out and get a second one, I’ll replace the screenshot with an easier to verify one! <3

Posted 08/19/19

It was really fun watching Battle Brawl being drawn live! Even if you lose in Round 1 it’s so entertaining to go on watching it hahaha. I really appreciate the extra touch *u*

Edit: punctuation failed me OTL

Posted 08/19/19, edited 08/19/19
i’m a little confused at how battle brawl works, i lost but it’s still letting me select a weapon? do i get to go another round?
Posted 08/19/19

baekhesten

It restarts every day, so every day will be a completely new drawing - from what I understand!

Edit: Edited to expand… I believe a new winner is drawn every single day. So the rounds for the next drawing will be completely separate from today’s events.

baekhesten Yes, battle brawl happens once per day, so you can sign up for the next round after the previous round’s battle resolves at noon! You’ll get a ticket each day for just selecting a choice for a total of 14 tickets if you do it every day. :D
Posted 08/19/19

Gosh this is Big Mood for battle brawl:

Posted 08/19/19

OxtonMyla

oh! i thought it was one fight per day, with the winners choosing a new weapon each day and going up against each other again (repeat for each day)... i was sitting here last night planning my long-term strategy, haha! nice to know i can keep participating. thank you!

So, maybe I’m not understanding Battle Brawl correctly, but it looks like I lost in round 1, and yet I moved on to the next round and ended up as the champion? Is… that supposed to happen?
Posted 08/19/19

FlyingSquirrely Thanks for the heads up. It looks like something is wrong with it… I will look into what’s going on and we’ll figure out what to do from there. Stay tuned!

Edit: After checking through the logs I can confirm that the rankings as displayed by the little scoreboard here are correct, and that you did indeed emerge victorious in day 1 of the battlebrawl. The bad news is that I now need to figure out what’s wrong with the (excessively complicated) live results display system and fix it before noon tomorrow. I’ll keep everyone posted!

Edit2: Fixed! It turns out it was a relatively straight-forward problem, but one that would only crop up under very specific circumstances, which is why I didn’t notice it during testing. Under these circumstances, the results table display code incorrectly confused the number zero with “there is no number”, resulting in the wrong name being displayed in the victor column. Thankfully, your battle in the first round was the only one in the whole brawl in which those circumstances were at play.

Thanks again for letting me know so that we could catch this early!

Not a single potion drop in 60 wins. 8);;;; I think I’m slowly going insane, lmao.
Posted 08/19/19
glitch Thanks for the quick reply, I’m glad that I didn’t take anyone else’s place and that it wasn’t too hard to find!
Posted 08/19/19
soooo, is there somewhere that you can see the number of tickets you’ve earned or am i missing something? i’m terrible at keeping track of these kind of things, so a ticket tally counter would be nice!
Posted 08/20/19
Primarina I believe that the tickets (with the exception of Risk/Reward and Battle Brawl) will be awarded manually at the end of the event, so there’s not really any way for the event to track how many tickets you’ve won.
Posted 08/20/19, edited 08/20/19
Primarina Hyasynthetic is correct! Since a lot of the stuff is forum-based, we have to manually tally which is easiest at the end when everyone is done editing their posts. If it’d be helpful, someone could start a forum thread where players can post permalinks/metadata for their submissions for easier tracking—or if anyone else has a good way that they are using to track their own submissions, feel free to share!
Posted 08/20/19

Myla I don’t know how feasible this is for glitch to code, but since we do have the link-based page and past events have had events that linked directly to posts made in threads (ie some spelling event with extra challenge words for the green ghost avatar bg), could we combine the two? Like the links to the main thread remain as they are, but there’s a link to a user’s entry posts. (I know I’m finding trying to find where my specific post is frustrating, esp since it’s not going to be in my recent posts due to the sheer number of posts made for the adventures.)

Or just if there’s some kind of estimator on the page that shows how many points each item is worth, and users can check off or enter their own completion rates so as to get an idea of how many points they do have? (Maybe with a disclaimer because maybe some entries might not meet the effort requirement.)

Overall though, we as users don’t know how the backend of this looks like, are staff going through the pages and tallying each event like that or are they tallying for each user individually? I assume the former, but most systems we as users design are probably going to be based in our perspective as users.

Posted 08/20/19

Lala
I can’t answer all of your question, but I can answer the last bit.

At the end of the event, I will be going through and manually tallying all participation in the forum games. This is also how I do the Creative Collective participation - I just pull up a spreadsheet and go through and tally participation from each user. It’s a little time consuming, but overall faster than relying on players to submit their own forms and essentially “grading themselves,” which I did not want to do in this case, as I wanted Faire Tickets to go out ASAP after the closing of the event.

Posted 08/20/19
I’m really curious about the Risk/Reward game scores. Having pulled in the dubious honour of coming in 2nd on the first day with a touch under 150k, I’m really impressed with the score of 2 million pulled in yesterday. I know payout scales with how long the round goes, but I didn’t think it was possible to get that high. Share your secrets, mystery first place holder
Posted 08/20/19

That feeling when you accidentally click the “High Risk” button in risk/reward and get away with it. :O

Is Boney’s vision ok? I feel like he may need to see an eye doctor…

Posted 08/20/19
So I have a question.  In the Sullie’s Costume Closet event, is it a requirement to post all the items we used in the costume, or just two we rolled as having to use?  I’ve seen people doing it both ways and I started out not recording every item and before it goes any longer and I inevitably forget some of the items I used, I just want to know if I should list them in my post somewhere.
Posted 08/20/19

luccamajere
As long as you’re using the correct number of items total, you don’t need to list them in your costume entry. I’ve found that it helps me to keep count, but it’s not required!

Posted 08/20/19