00:54 ST
[OPEN BETA] The Adventure System Open Beta Starts Feb. 10th!
Adventuring Open Beta

We are ready for our site-wide beta test of a new feature called the Adventure System! This system has been in the works for over a year now and we’re excited for you all to start to poking at it and giving us feedback.

Run dates

Our open beta will run from 00:01 February 10th until 24:59 March 10th.

What to expect

The beta will be structured into different tasks with a focus on teaching testers how to use the interface and eliciting tester feedback along the way. Testers will try out introduction tutorials, explore the interface through a series of tasks, create a tiny adventure, and roleplay through a tiny adventure.

Tokens of Appreciation

For taking the time to learn the Adventure System interface and for giving us feedback, we are giving out some items and nuggets as a way of giving our thanks. Testers will get Windblown Feathers for completing the various components of the beta. Feathers can be exchanged for nuggets or open beta specific items.

Wee Whale Shark | Snorp | Phoenix | Fae Cat | Green Onion Hamhams

Questions?

If you have questions, feel free to ask below! Details about the different components and the tokens will be released with the start of the open beta on the 10th.

FAQ

Will we be able to roleplay test with partners?
It will be helpful to have tests with solo runs and multiple testers, so we aren’t putting any restrictions on number of players for your tests.

Is it required to do certain components?
Being a tester is a voluntary position, and testers are free to pick and choose what they test. We will have a suggested order since we think it will make learning the interface less overwhelming. Testers will also gain feathers as a thank you from us for completing different components and giving us feedback on each component.

Posted 02/04/19, edited 02/04/19

I am SO EXCITED for this!! I honestly can’t wait to get started!

One question, for the adventure roleplay portion, is it individual or partnered or do we have a choice?

Posted 02/04/19

I’M SO EXCITED!!!

This has been in the works for EVER, and has benefited immensely from both the alpha feedback and from the guidance and bug-hunting efforts of our closed beta. This thing is so much more than it was when we made the Quest for the Icy Soul, as far as I can tell is wholly unique on the Internet, and I can’t wait to see what people do with it. February 10th can’t come soon enough :)

Edit: heh — I watched Myla post this thread and immediately started typing but didn’t even manage to get the first response :D

Edit 2: I should probably answer your question Losty. You’ll decide whether to group up or go solo :)

AAAHHHHH This is going to be so cool!
Posted 02/04/19
glitch Thanks for letting me know!! Now I just need to contain myself til then, which admittedly isn’t gonna be easy.
Posted 02/04/19
Edit: Got so excited I double-posted, whoops.
Y A Y I cannot WAIT to get started!!!
Posted 02/04/19
Now I just need to contain myself til then, which admittedly isn’t gonna be easy.Losty

You and me both.

Posted 02/04/19
This sounds super cool! I can’t wait to get started!
Posted 02/04/19
Does open mean that anyone can try it out, or would we have to apply as well? Sorry, I’m unfamilar with all this terminology. By the time I’ve discovered things, they’re long past these stages because I’m a slowpoke.
Posted 02/04/19
I enjoyed Quest for the Icy Soul, so I’m looking forward to doing this.
Posted 02/04/19

Oh, don’t mind me while I bounce off the walls in excitement and anticipation.
Also, this starts literally the day before the first day of the semester at my uni. How important is the first month of school, really, do you think?

Posted 02/04/19

I’m so excited!!! Hoping I’ll have time in the coming weeks to dip my toes into some new adventures~

WeyrLeader If I read right, you don’t have to apply for this round! Anyone can join~

Posted 02/04/19

I am so so so excited for this!! :D

Hyasynthetic
syllabus day!!!

Posted 02/04/19
WeyrLeader Cosmo is correct; anyone can be a tester. :D
Posted 02/04/19

Sweet!  A chance to push buttons, poke things and try to break others ^=^. I’m looking forward to this stage! 

Do we get to pick and chose, or will we absolutely have to create a mini adventure? I seriously hope you give us a tutorial for that, as I’ve never crafted an adventure.

I loved the Quest for the Icy Soul last year, and revelled in the choices of going solo and/or proper roleplay with others. I’ve never seen anything remotely like it on the internet, and feel it’s going to be the shining star that sets Mycena Cave completely apart from all others c=

Posted 02/04/19
Whoa, exciting stuff. Quest for the Icy Soul was so fun last year, and remains one of my favorite roleplaying experiences I’ve had online… This should be interesting. ;)
Posted 02/04/19

I’M EXCITED FOR MC TO TAKE THIS STEP! Great work Glitch, Myla, and the testers!

Posted 02/04/19

Will these feathers that are exchangeable for nuggets count towards the daily cap of 3000 nuggets? :|c

*edit* aaahhh, I misunderstood. Ignore this, LOL. >>;;

OregonCoast There will be a suggested order to the testing process. For example, it is helpful to do the tutorials about how to make adventures and to do some smaller interface-related tasks before attempting to craft an adventure. The adventures we ask testers to craft will also be fairly basic since you will all just be getting the hang of the interface. Roleplaying a small adventure is last suggested task of the process since we need testers to create the majority of the adventures to roleplay-test.  You’ll be in the same boat as the vast majority of other players in that none of you have actually made an adventure before or seen the interface apart from screenshots. The goal of the beta is to guide testers through the process so that it’s not too overwhelming, and to get thorough feedback about how we can make learning the interface easier for the final release! :D

Tamako The feathers can be exchanged for the items or for nuggets (an option we’re putting in for greater flexibility if the items don’t interest testers). The nuggets and items are a thank you and don’t count toward any sort of cap.

Posted 02/04/19
I’m so excited for this!  I really love the possibilities and I’m looking forward to testing this out!!  I really liked Quest for the Icy Soul and I’m excited to see how the system has evolved since!
Posted 02/04/19

Are those pets beta only?

Either way I have SO many ideas on what to craft a few adventures on. I have been so excited to see this come to fruition!

Posted 02/04/19
Malis The main way to getting them will be through beta testing, though there will be avenues to get them in the future, e.g. the gift capsule!
Posted 02/04/19
Myla Sweet! Good to know! I need like… 100 phoenix pets *grins*
Posted 02/04/19
Quest for the Icy Soul was one of my favorite events on here, so I can’t wait to see all the new changes and try everything out! :D
Posted 02/04/19

glitch Myla
From what I understand of open betas (and betas in general) our job, which we will obviously accept, is to break the Adventure System right?

Well, break anything in the system that is likely to break with anything close to normal use anyway, so that it can be fixed before the official launch. Please correct me if I’m wrong on that?

Posted 02/04/19
I am so excited about this - can’t wait!
Posted 02/04/19
ooh i’m so excited!! testing out new features is always fun and i’m excited to play with the new system. also the new pets are just too freaking adorable >.<
Posted 02/04/19
aaaa exciting!!!
Posted 02/04/19
Ohhhhh boy! I reeeeeally hope I have time to get into this!
Posted 02/04/19