20:29 ST
[EVENT] Cave Chronicles: Quest for the Lost Chamber (Mar 24th - Apr 21)
Nephele and I have an odd question since neither of us have played this type of game much. We know we ping the bone monster to start the encounter but do we ping at the end of the encounter (solving the problem) or after we have traveled along a bit and are ready for the next one or both?
Posted 03/28/17
Hi Nanna! You ping the Bone Monster again whenever you are ready for a new encounter to be generated. This may be right after concluding your current encounter, but if you want to make a few more transitional posts to roleplay a little further, you are more than welcome to do so! Just shoot a ping whenever you want the next encounter to be posted. :)
Posted 03/28/17

CrowDove

Hello! I was just curious - once we finally complete our third encounter do we ping the Bone Monster again to signal we are done? I’m not entirely sure how the last bit of encounter goes in terms of receiving a clue and what not, so I was just curious if that’s something we do ourselves or ping someone for.

Posted 04/03/17, edited 04/03/17

Acydosis
Yes please! :) Ping him like you would a normal encounter, and if possible note that you’re ready for your ending/that you’ve completed your third encounter.

Posted 04/04/17

Crow Dove
Just to clarify, when the encounter specifies

Per post: Player rolls a d20 to see if their character suggests the correct path. Each character must achieve one success in order to find the labyrinth exit.”

when I am controlling two characters, must the both of them roll a success each?
Also, must they roll for every of their posts thereafter?
Apologies for the inconvenience, I’m not too experienced with how this works. ><

Posted 04/04/17, edited 04/04/17

Glaive

Since the rolls are optional, you may interpret the mechanic however you like. :) That may mean rolling for only one character, rolling for both characters just once, or rolling during each post you make. It’s entirely up to what you are comfortable with trying!

Posted 04/04/17

Dove
Alright, thank you for the clarification!

Posted 04/04/17
after 2 encounters and many d20 rolls, my need to play DnD only increases
Posted 04/06/17
Hi, quick question! Are the runestones given after each encounter, or after everything has been finished?
Posted 04/11/17
[@Siebold]  Runestones will be given out after the event has finished!
Posted 04/11/17
Myla Great, thank you! :3
Posted 04/11/17

Is it cool if we continue the RP after we ping the Bone Monster for the ending?
I just didn’t want to mess up anyone sending out prizes if we continued to RP for a more detailed ending for fun.

Posted 04/13/17, edited 04/13/17

Akira
That should be fine! :) You won’t be earning anything extra if you continue, but if you would like to do so for fun, it won’t mess anything up for us!

Posted 04/13/17

Question, for the “ending” after finishing 3rd encounter is there anything special we should do other than ping the Bone Monster?

I just pinged in our (me & Lycan’s) thread but it seems like a fourth encounter rather than the end

Posted 04/13/17

Garjansverd

That was my mistake! I accidentally miscounted the number of encounters when I scanned the thread. It should be fixed now, though.

Posted 04/13/17
Even the Bone Monster can make mistakes, it seems
Posted 04/13/17

Ah! Just checking, thank you! :)

Lycan I guess that means we have way too much fun RPing :P

Posted 04/13/17

*pokes in
Does anyone want to quickly do a few encounters with me? A lot of life got in the way and my current partner and I are in different time zones so don’t I’ll be able to finish in time.

If anyone is running CET and would like to potentially speed through an encounter or 3 via multiple posts a day I am available to do that. Please PM me ^^

Posted 04/15/17

Crow, Dove, glitch, Myla

Not sure who to ping, but… I pinged the Bone monster to conclude our RP (Loliqua and mine), but he gave us another encounter instead. ^^;; Just wanted to address this. I’m not sure if I should PM someone or what! >>;; Hehe.

Posted 04/21/17
Tamako The Bone Monster was very sleepy from doing so much hard, Bone Monster work! He has corrected his error, but growls grumpily just for good measure and to keep up appearances!
Posted 04/21/17
Lmao, thank you, Boney *tosses Boney a treat*
Posted 04/21/17
I think RNG may hates me, because I just got my SECOND roll of 1 (critical failure)
Posted 04/21/17

question: i completed at least one encounter, but don’t think i ever received a runestone. or did i and just forgot?

whoops forgot pings:
Dove Crow Myla

not sure who to ping,,

Posted 04/28/17, edited 04/28/17
[@faith] I don’t think they’ve been handed out yet!
Posted 04/28/17

[@Faith] Please read this announcement!

Everyone has until the end of today to fill out this form!  You must fill out this form to receive your prizes!
Posted 04/28/17, edited 04/28/17