12:02 ST
Spring Flower Rush! [Spring 2014 event]

I dunno if this was already asked, but do you have to have a RP partner in order to qualify for breedings? Or can the pets be your own and not currently be RPing? ’ ^ ‘a

*edit* Shima: If you click on the linky thingy in the OP, there’s a note about the flowers. “Note: Bouquets crafted here will wilt and vanish after the event is over. Only bouquets bought with petals from the secret garden shop will last and be equippable to your pets. Flowers left over at the end of the event will be transformed into raffle tickets for more prizes :D”

Posted 02/20/14, edited 02/20/14

Shima: We’ll be releasing more details about the mechanics of how Ineki/Drasillis breed create babies. ;)  The flowers are just the ingredients for the bouquets and are not equippable items.  As Tama mentioned, they wilt shortly after the event!

Tamako: You will not have to have a RP partner in order to qualify for breedings, and pets can be your own.  If a single-player breeding gets picked, they will get one baby instead of two. :D The amount of breedings we do will be based off number of babies rather than number of ineki-parents, so if a lot of single-player breedings get picked, we’d just draw more names out.

No, I know you have to buy the bouquets, but you can’t buy any of the flowers >: They’re so pretty, I want them on pets.
Posted 02/20/14

Holding off on pricing could be a good idea. You can see how many petals people are earning and then price accordingly.
On the other hand, you could figure out how many petals a person can get with and without taking advantage of the duration decrease and price it based on that.
Either way would be fine with me since I suspect the coats will take a few days of work in any case x3

Posted 02/20/14

I’d personally like the shop to be calculated after seeing the activity of an average user.
That being said, I think the shop should come out part-way through the event — that way we can focus on just collecting the “shop points” for a couple of days for you to get statistics, but at the same time, we will be able to see how much everything costs before the event is over to better aim towards our goals.

I think everyone would agree that we don’t want it to be super duper easy, but at the same time not particularly hard, so we don’t have to feel like we have to spend every waking hour of our time to get everything we want. It just needs to translate to “if you put a good amount of effort into it, you will see good results.”

Posted 02/20/14
I am wondering if there will be any spring event ineki or otherwise, i love event colorations
Posted 02/20/14

There are three event colours, you can see them in the first post. c:

My opinion about the shop is pretty much exactly the same as Lycan xD. I’d like to know what amount of tokens I’d want to be aiming towards. c:

Posted 02/20/14

glitch, thanks for the reply! I too would like to have a general idea of how many petals I need to collect. However, I could totally understand not opening the shop up until after the event is over or closer to the end of the event.

I have another question. ._.’ I’m just full of them.
Do the fancy and have to do with the event? :o

Posted 02/20/14

Going by the name of the image links, I’m guessing the flowers show if you’re participating in the event or not. That might have something to do with only being able to send bouquets to pets of users who are participating.. or something.

And |screams| who needs sleep anyway? I can stay up late swappin manly stories with Tama :D;

Posted 02/20/14

I’m curious how the babies will turn out between different coats. Would they be like a custom in their own way? Cause I assume that since no two animals can be alike unless there’s twins.

So if you mix two different coats will the outcome be different or the same?

Posted 02/20/14
Wow this game sounds so exciting! The 22nd is….Saturday, yes? I can’t wait!
Posted 02/20/14

Did someone say breedings?

All jokes aside, I’m looking forward to the event/raffle. I’m particularly fond of those bouquets. I have to admit I’ve all ready visited the magic puddle to figure out which of them I’m going to need.

Posted 02/20/14

Ohhh! This is cool :3 I can’t waaait.
/FLOWER.S

Posted 02/20/14
Kiwi: Yes~ And in the morning, I’m making WAFFLES. 8D
Posted 02/20/14
Ahh wow this sounds fun! :3
Posted 02/20/14
Sounds like fun, can’t wait!
Posted 02/20/14
I am really looking forward to this particular madness :D I’ll be busy / working all week, basically, but I’m sure I’ll find a way to make it work. Everything is too gorgeous to miss out on.
Posted 02/20/14

/rolls around excitedly

I can’t wait for this to happen!

Posted 02/20/14

Quoting Shima
“But I also know it’s much easier if you’re say… in class.”

*giggles*  I beg to differ on this one.
Its near IMPOSSIBLE in class.  There’s this annoying program called LanSchool which allows instructors to see and log everything you do on your screen (so even if they leave the room and you’re like.  “OH I CAN SNEAK” they still knoooow).  I can do what I want when I want.  But.  If she sees I’m popping onto Mycena every 15 mins during lectures she can block me out of the site.  ^^;  So I’ll be in the same boat as you.  WANTING to collect all I can, but limited to only doing so on breaks, before and after class, and when I’m home.  X3;

That all said.  I’m RIDICULOUSLY excited for this.  (Particularly the breeding.  Though I seriously doubt I’ll be THAT lucky.  XD)

Posted 02/20/14

There’s these beautiful things called smart phones, which are much easier to sneak in class than behind a register.

...Also you can’t get fired from school. XD

Heh, yeah… :3 It can be easier to sneak onto sites in class and I guess the repercussions aren’t so big, but I think what Coretta was saying is just that she’ll be in that lower end too!
;3 You guys should try finding a buddy who’ll be online when you are to receive and send bouquets with! That way you could try maximizing the number of flowers you get when you can be online! I know what I’ll be doing is sending bouquets to my friends, and then whoever happens to be online at the moment. :D

Posted 02/21/14, edited 02/21/14
I… err… don’t get yourselves in trouble :<
Posted 02/21/14

Nyfeaena: You have to join the event in order to participate, so the and designate whether you are a participant or not, as someone mentioned. :)

Alice: The breedings for this event will all be unique, so even if there are two pairs of Bleeding Heart Dove x Sunbeam, the babies produced would look different from one another.

Glitch, do you remember the Halloween event on digis? DO YOU REMEMBER? Eventing in the shower. Not sleeping. AND NOT JUST ONE PERSON DOING THIS. I think at this point we’re pros at doing events at inopportune times.
Posted 02/21/14
Hehe… Exactly. Sleep is for the weak and phone chargers need to earn their keep anyway.
Posted 02/21/14

*zooms in circles* I can’t wait!!! I just hope that I can click enough per day to afford a Drasillis color (If they can be bought even! Oh I hope!!!) at LEAST. Aah!!! *rolls on the floor* The Drasillis, how they have taunted me since the teaser email!!!

Oh, and that Locket. <3 It’s so cute! X3 Kaeldwyn (hoarder of all the things) would be cute with the locket. XD

Too much want! I might explode. o.o *starts ticking*

Posted 02/21/14

There’ve been a few changes to the event since I last started talking about it, so I’ll try to summarize them here:
- unused flowers at the end of the event turn into petals, not raffle tickets
- unused petals when the shop closes will be turned into raffle tickets for more prizes
- the first flower you pick in any day will give you an extra five petals

One thing to keep in mind as you play with this event is that petals start slowly. It will likely take more than an hour to make your first bouquet, because you need to get the right flowers. As the event progresses, however, and you build up a library of flowers, making bouquets becomes much easier :)

As for the shop, we’ve done a lot of work on simulations (soooo muchhhhh dataaaaaaa) since I last updated about that. Rather than looking at what people actually *do*, we’ve worked out conservative estimates of how many petals various “levels of obsession” will have by the end of the event through thousands upon thousands of simulations, and are pricing them accordingly. We’re considering “full participation” as being able to buy as many of each bag as there are items in the bag, and we’re setting the bar at what we feel is “reasonably interested”. Yes, if you’re “insane” and set your alarm every 15 minutes for the entire event, you can earn the “full reward” many times over, if you don’t die of exhaustion and dehydration first :P. But for the rest of us normal people, the prizes will still be great :)

Posted 02/21/14

Ooooh… I just realized we’ll be buying the Garden Bags...?
Which will be normal random grab bags for assorted prizes, yeah?
(I can read, really! >.o Apparently not. lol)

I’m derpy. v.v Drat, so much for my dreams of being able to try and make sure I can afford exactly the only 2 things I want. X3

Aah, well, maybe I can at least trade away my Halloween Event coloration for them after the fact… :< :< :< 
Hopefully the Drasillis and locket won’t be TOO rare, considering the number of “insane” users Mycena has! (Heck, I’m -normally- one of them! Pssst… http://timer.onlineclock.net/ for the win!!!)

Super cool that when the shop closes all the unused petals will turn into Raffle Tickets, though! <3 That’ll make it nice for all those ‘uneven’ numbered petals that don’t fit the shop cost! (Like if one costs 5/10/15, but you have 24 petals. lol) That’s MUCH more fun than feeling they went to ‘waste’! <3

*stares at flowers*

Posted 02/21/14

I’m liking the sound of the changes, glitch.
I think one of the reasons some of us got so crazy with Digi Events is because even when you were online every chance you could get, losing sleep and trying to participate while working or class (yes, I’m guilty of both xD) you *still* couldn’t get everything you wanted, and sometimes rewards that didn’t reflect your extreme dedication.

I personally know I like investing many hours into playing the event, but in the past I *did* lose a lot of sleep. I think the part of “go to sleep and you might miss out” mentality was a bit unhealthy. I know it was all in good fun, and I still enjoyed myself, but by the end I was pretty much a zombie for a couple days trying to figure out how to function again.

Uh, so yeah. The way you explained it might let me sleep without that added pressure!

...Though I’ll totally take a nap and be here at midnight until I pass out for our first day, bahaha.

Love the updates to the event. <3 This way I won’t have to stress about if I’m getting enough petals the entire event not knowing how many I actually need due to unreleased prices… And I’ll probably be able to actually get the stuff I want! ;3 Ny is a very happy camper now. <3
Posted 02/21/14