00:57 ST
Spring Flower Rush! [Spring 2014 event]
Oh my gosh! Sounds like so much fun! Can’t wait for the Bone Monster to fall asleep!
Posted 02/21/14
I thought I’d have to wait till midnight to start but then remembered I have to only wait till ten, yay timezones. I am so ready for this event, I want to collect all the flowers/petals! c:
Posted 02/21/14
Well the event has started…am I all alone playing?
Posted 02/22/14
There’s 62 users online, you are not alone XD
Posted 02/22/14

I’m in a really math-y mood recently so here’s a few calculations for those of us planning on nabbing ourselves a dragon~ Will be updated as information become available

If today is any indicator, you earn 5 petals a day just for collecting one flower. So for the ten day event that would mean 50 petals total simply for flower gathering. So 666 - 50 = 616 petals left to collect on your own.

For this example I’m gonna be using the Garden surprises bouquet, as it has an about average point reward at 10 petals for three flowers. Which means you’ll need to make 62 of these kinds of bouquets in order to have enough for the dragon.

62 bouquets * 3 flowers a bouquet = 186 flowers
Which means you’ll need to go outside and gather flowers about 200 times (rounding up considering you won’t always get the ideal kind of flowers) over the course of the event which means about 20 times a day. Assuming you did this every 15 minutes on the dot for a straight period of time each day, that time would add up to about 300 minutes or five hours.

Hope that helps~

Posted 02/22/14
Meesh, that was gorgeous. ;3 I was about to try and calculate it myself so I’m glad I stopped here first!
Posted 02/22/14
yeah and that is all you’d be able to get too. It is impossible to get every item by buying it out right. If the items are obtained from the bags then it is random on what you get but less petals to get things.
Posted 02/22/14

*feeds Meesh‘s mathy mood*

Petal prices in this event are based on their probability of dropping from the bag, and equate to double the bag price. That is to say, if a bag X contains two items Y and Z, then (priceY * probY) + (priceZ * probZ) = 2 * priceX. You can use this to work out the probabilities of drops in the bag if you like to :D For example, the prices indicate that the red bag has a 40% chance of dropping each ineki and a 20% chance of dropping the drasillis.

The shop was built around the bag prices, making it not too difficult to get as many of each bag as there are items in the bag. We then added the option to go for specific items if you really want to, but since this is at a premium, going for the specific items is going to mean you get fewer things.

Have fun mathing the rest! :D

Posted 02/22/14, edited 02/22/14

glitch is restarting the chat after the server hiccup! (also the server hiccup was most likely because of something good :3)

It came back like, 4 seconds before I could pick again xD!

Yup, we just got our RAM upgrade, so we had to reboot.
We have so much RAM now, you guys. SO MUCH. No more lag yay! :)

Posted 02/22/14

Meesh, wouldn’t you get 45 flowers if you collect at least one flower everyday?
I suppose 5 petals more doesn’t change much in the general calculations though, considering it’s random which flowers you get and what bouquets you can make.

Also, glitch, I dunno if it’s sooper seekret or not, but what are the drop rates of the Sping 2014 Mushroom from the Green and Yellow bag?

Akira it would be 54 petals because the 9 flowers would turn into petals after the event is over.

The drop rates for the spring 2014 mushrooms are at least 1% in the bags that they’re in. They’re rare enough you shouldn’t count on getting one, but common enough that a bunch of them should end up dropping. I was torn as to whether I should put them in the shop or not… it seems a little redundant with the red bag, but they’re always fun. Maybe I need to think up another way to distribute them too :D (...........hidden links anyone? :DDDDDDDD)

NO
Posted 02/22/14
Rules question for glitch: It says absolutely no automation of any kind. Can we use ReloadEvery to reload the timer page so that it updates for when people send bouquets as long as we don’t use it for actually grabbing flowers or anything? Just to keep the timer accurate.
Posted 02/22/14
Jingles I would rather you did not. However, you raise a good point — I should make the timer refresh when you get a bouquet. Since we’ve upgraded the server this morning, it should be able to handle the extra load :D I’ll try to get that in today.
Posted 02/22/14

Sweet, thanks :D That’s way more awesome.

Also thank you for the bell feature c:

Posted 02/22/14

Loving the bell feature a ton, saves me from having another tab and resetting the timer every time XD

On another note, is the shop closing the same day as the event ends, or will you be extending the shop a day or two after the event ends? Just wondering if I have to mad scramble on the last day or if there’s time to buy things after you know the exact amount of points you’ll have :3 thanks.

Posted 02/22/14
I love events like these! It’s just a shame it starts right when I begin my diploma -faceplant-. Won’t stop me from giving it a go, though- that Spring Sprouts mushroom looks like my favourite colouration on the site so far! Aside from the Kimono~
Posted 02/22/14
This is so exciting!! I have a question, sorry if it’s already been asked, but there’s no time limit as to how many bouquets you can make and send in a row, right? So if I stock-piled flowers and then made a bunch of bouquets and sent them all at once at the end, is that possible?
Posted 02/22/14
I am a little confused about the bouquet’s, as i understand they don’t become items and only become petals if you send or receive them. Does receiving a bouquet give both the bouquet plus petals? Can you regift a bouquet? Is the bouquet’s only purpose to be sent and received? Do we get to know how many petals we get for each action and how many petals we get for each flower at the end of the event?
Posted 02/22/14

PyroLuna: The text at the top of the Spring Flower Rush page should answer your questions. In any case:
- unsent bouquets wilt and vanish at the end of the event, so be sure to send them before the event ends
- unused flowers turn into petals
- when you send a bouquet, you get the number of petals indicated in bouquet’s box (under its name) in the crafting area
- you get no petals for receiving a bouquet

Posted 02/22/14
Jingles the countdown now checks for new bouquets every few seconds, so no more need to refresh :)
Posted 02/22/14
Hey! I don’t know if anyone else noticed, but if you try sneaking outside before your time you’ll see the bone monster glaring at you :)
Posted 02/24/14
Yes! And he growls I found out…..
Posted 02/25/14
I noticed that the first day we could collect flowers Meesh xD
Posted 02/25/14
Question: I understand that flowers not used in bouquet making by the end of the event will turn into petals, and all petals that aren’t used turn into raffle tickets… But the wording of “unused petals will be used as raffle tickets for more prizes” seems to imply it goes towards a separate raffle other than the breeding. Am I correct or am I misinterpreting this?
Posted 02/25/14

Akira: You are correct.  That will be a separate raffle. :)

Alsooo, a note on the male Ombre Flower: I just now changed the design of the male ombre by adding more yellow and putting the flowers up on the tail too (if you want to change the gender of your ombre because of this adjustment, just send me an echo).

Posted 02/25/14, edited 02/25/14

Another Question: When will you release the 2nd raffle prize list? (Assuming you aren’t going to keep it a secret, haha.)
If not a definite list, could you at least let us know if it will be strictly spring items? And if not… Will things like the Wild Cenote or Torch make an appearance >>; /super curious because I plan ahead

Posted 02/26/14

The second raffle prize list hasn’t been fully decided on yet, but is likely to be a few of the green and yellow bags. This isn’t something you should be saving your petals for, rather it’s a consolation prize for not being able to spend all of your petals.

*ponders* another option would be to have some more valuable prizes in there, but cap your tickets at 9 petals… so yeah we’re still undecided. Probably the former though since I feel a cap, if it were to exist, should have been announced before the event. I’m open to suggestions though.

Posted 02/28/14, edited 02/28/14
Will the unused flowers be turning into petals as soon as the gathering phase ends, or will we be able to make them into bouquets during the ‘shop open, but gathering closed’ phase? (In case some of us derp out and forget to make the last of our bouquets before the gathering phase times out, so they’re not automatically converted into petals? Or will there be an option to convert when the event ends, when we’re ready to convert - like a button or something, if that makes sense?)
Posted 02/28/14