15:45 ST
You can now buy your own unique custom pet!

Well, we’ve hinted at it for a while, and we’re finally ready to take the plunge:

We’re opening up custom sales!

Two important notes:

First, since it’s a brand new system that has a lot of moving parts it’s currently running in trial mode which means it will only accept the first five orders. Once these have been completed and I’ve verified that everything has worked correctly, it’ll open up fully.

Second, it’s important that you actually fill in the “Reference” area as best as you can, since this is to a large extent what the artists will base their work off of. Once your order is up, your artist will be in contact with you about specifics, and you can amend your reference, but by and large it should be as complete as possible when you submit the order. If you need to make any drastic changes to it, you will need to cancel the order and start over.

With that out of the way, if you want to order your very own custom-made unique pet, head over to the customs shop or click “Custom Pets” in the shop menu, and pick out what you would like!

In the rest of this post I’ll do my best to describe exactly how the system works as precisely as I can, but unless you particularly care about the mechanics you don’t really need to worry about it - so feel free to stop reading this post here. If you have any questions, please read the rest of the post, and if you still have questions, feel free to ask away :)

—————————

So, the way it works is this:

First, you select your artist. You can either select “first available” or Myla, although other artists may add themselves to the list in the future. If you select a specific artist, you’ll see a rough estimate of their queue of orders ahead of you, which you can use to gauge how long your wait will be before your order comes up. You’re shown a rough estimate rather than a specific number, because due to people who may have selected “first available”, the exact number of people ahead of you can vary.

Next, you select your species and optional lineart edits. Each lineart edit has a specific price, and selecting them will update the estimated total price at the bottom of the form.

Finally, you fill in the Reference field. This is where you describe the pet you would like as best as you can. Include as much description as you like, with anecdotes, stories, image links, and so on. This is, to a large extent, what your artist will base your custom off of, so the more precise you are here the better. While you’ll be able to fine-tune it when your order is selected, you can’t make drastic changes to it without canceling your order, so please don’t submit a placeholder just to get it in quickly.

At this point, you’ve secured your place in line, and the artists will get to you as soon as they can. When an artist decides to take on an order, she receives the earliest order in the queue that either lists her as the artist or is marked as “first available” (orders are handled on a first-come first-served basis). She will then send you an echo to discuss your reference and optional edit selections. Once she has determined the final price for your custom, she will direct you to the payment form, at which point payment will be due. Note that you can cancel your order at any time prior to paying.

Once you’ve paid, your artist will be notified automatically and she will get to work. Barring unforseen circumstances, she should have your completed first draft to show you within a week of your payment. You’ll then have a bit of back and forth with your artist to fine tune your pet. When you’re satisfied with the result, let her know, and we’ll get it onto your profile ASAP.

And that’s about it!

Posted 02/01/14, edited 02/01/14

*squeak* YAY! Customs!!! *throws confetti*
>.>
*pounces over to poke at it, chokes, sputters, faceplants*
Oof, those prices though. D: Gahhhh…. </3 *sniffs, sweeps up shattered dreams*

Aah, well, still! Yay!!! *sprinkles more confetti!* I can’t wait to see what those first 5 become! :D I bet they’ll be SO shiny!!! ^o^

Posted 02/01/14
Gah! Why is it everyone is putting up things I want now xP. Here I thought I was safe I made it through Christmas with nothing I really wanted off sites and now xD. *hides*
Posted 02/01/14

Is this the big news that Tumblr was talking about? I was thinking it was gonna the the launch of a Valentine’s event, but this is actually very spiffy news, too.~

I can’t afford to get a custom right now, and probably won’t be able to for quite a long time, but that’s alright. Woohoo for everyone else!~ ^^

Sooo, when you put in for an order, you may have to wait a while, but you are pretty much 100% guaranteed to get your custom, hopefully? No accepting/rejecting like there was on Digis?  o:

Posted 02/01/14
Tamako: indeed! all orders will get processed, on a first-come first-served basis
Posted 02/01/14
I saw that you said it was first-come first-serve, but I was just curious about that. That is awesome! ^^ I remember some people on Digis having to send and resend their orders and cross their fingers and hope that it would be accepted, so it’s good to know that orders won’t be rejected! c’: I’ll eventually be ordering a pet someday, so that will make things less worrisome for me. n u n
Posted 02/01/14
....:D Nifty. I guess I should continue working on getting references for a custom I want made~~
Posted 02/01/14
I have a question, lets say you got the customs from the two we requested from digi’s when we first came here. It was done (somewhat) like the pets from digis. But, say if you want to have them edited? Like i want to get the two i got hair edits. Can i?
Posted 02/01/14
liela-dragon-rayne1:  Yes, you can add edits!  If you go to the customs page, you’ll notice that under where you select the species, there’s a blue link that says “Add additional options.”  It should reveal a menu where you can check off either simple or complex hair edit. :) 

I was curious about that as well, Liela. I really want to get Ilya edited. I <3 her very much as is, but she’s not the way I imagine her in my head. And if it’s possible to get a pet edited, would that still cost as much as buying a new custom, or just the cost of the edit to the pre-existing pet?

EDIT: Myly posted just before me. XD;; But I spose my question still stands.~

Tamako:  You can put more edits on to an existing custom, and it would just be the edit price (so you’d give us a total of $10 if you wanted a simple hair edit, like lengthening the bangs) .

There is not a way to select edits without also selecting a pet, but in the “refs” section, just make a note you want to get an already existing custom more edits, so when I enter in the final price, it would not include the pet.!

*SQUEEEEES* That’s FANTAAAASTIC!~ 8D I may be ordering an edit sometime soon, then! Because 10 dollars is way more affordable for me than getting a whole new pet. T u T;;

Sooo.. (sorries for asking so many questions, but I think others may be curious, too) could you request an edit for OotS/Event pets, or is this just limited to customs? o:

TamakoI’ll ask glitch about that since it’s a coding thing, but I am going to guess that we will limit it to customs for now, unless it is easy for glitch to do something like that. <3

Yeah, we are going to hold off offering that for now except in special instances (like raffles), so we can mess around with it. :)

To everyone:  Keep in mind that when you’re coming up with the price estimate, the price that displays is not necessarily going to be your final price.  “Simple” versus “complex” can be a bit subjective, and the artists might price things differently from one another depending on their own strengths and weaknesses.  Just put in your best guess, and the artist will get in contact with you about the estimate to discuss what the final price will be.  It the final price ends up being way off of what you originally thought and you’re no longer interested, we can always cancel the order. :)

Here are some examples of how I (again, keep in mind that other artists might price things slightly different) would price certain customs:

$39.99 base + $10 coin + $5 collar +$5 mix and match

$39.99 base + $5 expression edit + $5 tail erase +$20 complex hair (flower included)

$39.99 base + $10 for two bugs + $5 for vineything

$59.99 base + $20 complex hair edit + $5 mix and match

If anyone is really floundering on the pricing thing, feel free to shoot me an echo. :)

Ooh, okies. Thanks! I think item edits to OotS/event pets would make for a really good runner-up raffle prize or something of the sort. :3
Posted 02/01/14
Stoked to see this is available now ^^ Missed being the opportunity to bring mine over from digis by like, a day xD;
Posted 02/01/14

/faceplants

Too late for the first five order party. XD But this is great! :D Looking forward to seeing the new customs!

Posted 02/01/14
*drools*
Posted 02/01/14
Is paypal a viable option to pay for customs? I’d love to get one when it opens up again, but I can’t unless I can use paypal for it XD;
Posted 02/02/14

Janyne:

...O-o-oi! What am I being dragged around to be put on display for?!
..Y-yes, I love the flower in my hair, thank you, darling.
But, this is outrageous!
..I do use conditioner for my hair, yes, you should try it, I’m sure it’ll do wonders for you! -blushes-

Oh, fine! -sits on display-

Posted 02/02/14, edited 02/02/14
xD Fussy Janyne. /nothing useful to add to the actual conversation
Posted 02/02/14
Irefe: it is. It won’t be as streamlined since it will require doing things manually, but it can definitely be done :)
Posted 02/02/14, edited 02/02/14
Awesome, thanks for letting me know. :3
Posted 02/02/14
*Grabby hands* But that is totally something for my Birthday. A bit too much for me right now lol. I need a snow leopard.
Posted 02/06/14
Quick question! Are we going to get any kind of announcement when customs open up again, or should I just stalk the custom shop area? (Also any idea how long until they open again? I’m usually very patient with this stuff, but I have everything ready to go and I’m having a moment of impatience :3;)
Posted 02/09/14
haha whoops, umm, well, consider this the announcement, a few minutes late ;)
Posted 02/11/14
Is it bad that I already saw that it was open and sent in my order already? XD I totally haven’t been stalking the page, not at all.
Posted 02/11/14
Are the slots reserved for only 5 again? Or are they considered ‘open open’?
Posted 02/12/14
it’s open open :)
Posted 02/12/14
*sneaks in*
Posted 02/13/14
~dives headfirst into custom shop~ :’‘’‘D
Posted 02/24/14