13:30 ST
[SURVEY] What kinds of items are you interested in seeing on-site?

As some of you may remember, about a year ago we introduced the Dory system (named after Dory in Finding Nemo, as she has a lot of questions) for players to submit and vote on the questions they’d like to see answered during our AMA.  We received positive feedback about the Dory system in general, and thought it would be fun to repurpose it in order to gain greater insight into you, our players!

From now until March 13th, we are looking to gather ideas for types of items that you would be interested in seeing on-site. You may vote on and submit as many ideas as you want, but keep in mind that there is a 30-character limit for submissions and that they must be text only (please no links to mock-ups). We are looking for general categories of items that many players would like to see, rather than specific designs that would go well with a particular pet.  As such, keep suggestions fairly general — i.e., “rapier” rather than, “golden-handled rapier with a rose pattern detailed into the guard.”

Please note that we do not make any guarantees to produce the items voted highly in this survey. The purpose of this survey is to better understand the player preferences of our community, and we will use the results to inspire our plans for future items!

Posted 02/10/16

I can’t delete this whole post but it’s just whinging.
wow something I submitted went to negatives right away lol. :(
it’s kind of surprising ppl are going out of their way to downvote stuff already at -5.

Posted 02/10/16, edited 02/10/16

Tongues is in the negative, gosh rude - I’m tongue extraordinaire :P.

But this is a cool idea, nice! I remember the item suggestions thread way back - nice to see user interaction as always!

Posted 02/10/16

But I want all the items!

(Does this mean you’ll be hiring more item artists?)

Posted 02/10/16
This is really cool! I like seeing all the different ideas and voting is strangely addictive. lol. (plus my suggestions are doing well so.. that’s flattering orz)
Posted 02/10/16

i have a request!! is there any easy/low-maintenance way to make it so that after we vote for something the page doesnt refresh and stick us back at the top?

there are so many suggestions and im only voting on the ones i have Strong Opinions about right now so im losing my place very easily haha

Posted 02/10/16

Wh-

:( It makes me sad my one biggest want on site was downvoted to such an extreme. I get it, I’m the only one who wants those. Man you people move fast.

It’s cool to see what other people want though.

Posted 02/10/16

The voting system makes you truly realise that you have an entirely different aesthetic to the majority lol.

I’m noticing a lot of people getting upset about seeing their submissions downvoted. I’m wondering if it would have been better to keep results of voting a secret during the voting - then releasing the top voted or something.

Posted 02/10/16

I wish there was an option to show only ones you haven’t voted for yet - I’m all caught up but I have a feeling by tomorrow it’ll be really tedious to scroll through the list again and vote for all the new ones. xD

I love this though! :3 Seeing everyone’s suggestions is so much fun!

Posted 02/10/16

At the top it gives you an item you haven’t voted for yet.
I could almost wish the list of items was hidden completely (with the non-voting threshold a little higher, maybe -10). My hurt feefees aside, it seems like there might be a snowball effect with the earliest-submitted items accruing more votes because they’re at the extremes of the spectrum.

I agree its pretty interesting to see how strongly people feel about items. I have maybe 8 “X"s, a bunch of checks, and mostly “mehs” because I’m not like, offended or put off by most of them even if I wouldn’t use them. It’s also interesting to see some of my ideas gain lots of traction while the others just get smashed into oblivion lol.

ps hair on ineki is weird, imo.

Posted 02/10/16

I feel u on the hair Jacq :P.

I’m gonna submit manes now… True animal body fluff.

I think the important thing to bear in mind is that the site has to cater to a lot of different aesthetics, so the more ‘popular’ and generic items have a high chance of being accepted than anything truly ‘unique’ or individual. Sad to say, but to get anything you want specifically, you’d pretty much have to get a custom, or they’d be a more item to be had in a specific ‘theme,’ like an OotS item.
Posted 02/10/16
Sciencey items. We need a scientist to set up shop and sell science to the masses.
Posted 02/10/16
Finally I can submit the idea of the Other Blind Eye. My characters need them blind eyes on the correct side.
Posted 02/10/16

This is super cool. I haven’t submitted any of my own yet but I’m having fun on voting.

I think for anyone maybe discouraged that their thing doesn’t have that many votes it might be interesting to hear that I have been putting meh/not interested on things that I think should stick to customs, such as more elaborate or specific things. One of the things that makes customs fun and desirable is their versatility and how there’s no limit to your imagination for add ons/items/companions etc. So I have been not voting for some of the things I should be limited to customs. That’s just me though! :)

Posted 02/10/16

Do keep in mind that voting against an idea isn’t saying the idea is a bad idea, but rather that the item isn’t one that you would particularly want right now.

This survey is looking for what kinds of items people most want on their pets at the moment, and not so much what kind of items people think are a good idea in general. So please don’t take it personally if your idea gets voted down <3

ah, so it’s just personal preference rather than “nooo this should never be an item >:(” then? i was having a hard time going through the list and finding anything i’d downvote based on it being the latter because something i might not like would be a dream item to someone else, haha. it makes more sense to vote about personal preference, that way the list seems like a potetial to-do list ordered by priority.

edit: who submitted keyhole sweaters….im laughin…*upvotes*

Rare items.

As in under 100 forever.

Posted 02/10/16
Before submitting a new idea, please do a quick search (Ctrl-F) for what you intend to submit — a few hours in there have already been a number of exact and near duplicates submitted, which ends up resulting in everyone participating being asked to vote on the same thing multiple times.
Posted 02/10/16

It’s funny, I used to have a ton of item ideas, but now I’m pulling a blank. Most of my desires are more general, like more varied item placement (SO many things go in the upright ineki’s left hand, it drives me nuts) and item sets that don’t overlap (ex:, many of the potions overlap, so you can’t equip them all, which makes me sad). Basically, a request for the artists to be more conscientious about what item areas are already heavily used, I guess. :3 Hard to put that into 30 characters, though- if this kind of abstract idea suggestion (vs an actual item) is allowed/intended to be submitted at all.

Edit: And now I feel like I added quite enough suggestions, so I’ll just leave the remaining ones here as not to clutter the thing with too many of my own wants: tutu, cheese, pie, jars, feathers (clothes, freefalling, boa, just FEATHERS), zombie pet/companion, dragons.

Posted 02/11/16, edited 02/11/16

I voted on the first dozen or so this morning. Maybe add a maximum to how many suggestions people can submit? Or weed out the duplicates while leaving the suggestion with the highest votes?

I have given up on trying to vote for anything because of the number of duplicates, redundant suggestions (like: “Weapons” vs “Swords” when a sword is a weapon), and items that are way too specific.

I know this is supposed to be about items we personally would like to see on our pets, but if that’s the case why not just have us all submit QA style surveys, instead? It wouldn’t even really need to be open answer, it could just be multiple-choice with different categories based on equipment slots and themes, and one “Comments” section for if you forget something. A vote would make more sense if we were voting for items the artists would actually then make based on popular demand.

Though on that note, I would love to see more horror themed items, like blood spatters, gas masks, demonic wings/horns, and a summoning circle, among other things. Horror, Steam Punk, and Ancient Combat themed items *nodnod*

Posted 02/11/16
I see there have been a few complaints but I just wanted to say I really love this feature and will be sad to see it go. I refresh at least once a day, sometimes two or three times just to see if there are new items to vote on. Even if you all just take these as suggestions as opposed to making the highest voted ones exactly as requested, it’s nice to feel like we have a say in things. Thanks for giving us the chance ^_^
Posted 03/01/16
... SOCKS.
Posted 03/03/16
There is a little under a week (this ends on March 13th) to get your ideas in and votes submitted! :)
Posted 03/07/16
I just realized I’m terrible at voting because I want literally EVERYTHING XD
Posted 03/07/16

ah, this ended!! i hopped over because i decided my starchaser needed a lip ring, luckily that was suggested twice LOL

im super excited though because ive been very curious how many votes my suggestions and a bunch others have gotten. are you guys gonna state which suggestions are for sure on your to-do lists?

Posted 03/14/16