14:37 ST
[Event] Winter Holiday Fun Book - Raffle results posted! [EVENT DISCUSSION THREAD]

*just now sees the likes and dislikes request* Oh. Right. Well.

I have to admit I liked the cast a character thing a fair bit myself, but I also had a lot of fun making word searches. I really liked the idea behind the 4W but I don’t know how I would have felt about it if I’d tried it in practice since we didn’t. It just didn’t feel as…viable with a mere two players as I understood it. (I could have misunderstood tho, but it sounded like we all entered a prompt and then got a random set back from all the prompts, but IDK.)

Either way, yeah. I…did not like or want to mess with any of the sound-based ones. I’m not particularly musically inclined and I don’t like hunting down soundbytes. I didn’t try them however, so I can’t say that I have an unbiased opinion that gave them a fair shake, tho….

Posted 03/03/16

Hooray! *pets new mushie* Thank you :)

I really enjoyed the I Spy game. It seemed to work SO well with two people. Since I was paired with someone by the Bone Monster, I felt it was a great way to get a little bit of writing in, and to really get to know my buddy’s characters and writing. It also allowed me to give a little life to some of my characters with empty bios.

For the other games… hmmm, I’m a little torn. The word searches and crosswords were fun to make and do, but they were a kind of “fast and easy” fun. So, good for points, but I felt a little bit less creative than the other entries. Cast a Character and Who Wore it Better were SUPER fun, but they took a lot more effort/creativity/time. I Spy seemed to be in the middle for effort and creativity required, but still had a more personal touch that I liked.

During the beginning of the event I had a lot of fun with the “heavy” pages (cast a character, who wore it better), but closer to the end I think I favoured the “light” pages (word search, crosswords) for point maximization. I played I Spy throughout the whole event.

Posted 03/03/16
*yelling about actually winning a thing aaaaaaaaaaaa*
Posted 03/03/16

Yessss *Adds Cave Capsule to her collection* :D

Congrats to all the other winners and thank you for the lovely event! :)

Posted 03/03/16

This was a good thing to login to just before work ^.^ Glad I checked it!

Edit: One can never have too many mushrooms apparently!

Posted 03/03/16, edited 03/03/16
Oh! I forgot about this. haha. I got a silverwoods circlet out of my capsule. Neato! Thanks!! :D
Posted 03/03/16

Ahhh nice I got some Icy Magic!  :)

I mean, for the first half of the event I didn’t realize how little time I had so I feel like I slacked off more than I should, then for the last few days I was frantically working on things and….my group seemed busy at that point…so idk, I mostly blame myself but I didn’t get a good shot at a lot of the pages that required more back and forth.  They looked like a lot of fun, too.

I did enjoy making the creature for What is the Thing?  And the carol looked too intimidating so I didn’t even want to try it.

If I participate in something like this again I’m going to tackle things right away.

Posted 03/03/16
Aaaand I open a Gift Capsule to get a Second Birthday Cake…the one item from it that I already had (and don’t have much use for). Figures that’s my luck.  XD
Posted 03/03/16

Yay, thank you! Do love Red Squirrels so much.

I liked the mushroom-colouring page, probably because it was just fun to see what everybody else did and how they all looked together. I Spy was pretty fun, too; I liked that it gave people the opportunity and flexibility to write about any of their characters in whatever situation worked for their guess. I’m with luccamajere in that I didn’t even get to attempting the carol. Lyrics, not my forte.

Posted 03/03/16

Oh wow a Cave Capsule?!! Wowee this is great news! *flees to open it*
Thank you so much! <3 And congrats to the other winners as well! :*
—-

Edit: “You opened a Cave Capsule 2015 to find a Lunar Headpiece!”
... sorry but whAT WHAAAT???!!!
*checks inventory*

!!!!!!!!!!!
ahHHHHHHH!!!!! ;;;U;;;;

Edit again omg: Okay my favorites were ISpy, the crosswords, word searches, What is That Thing?, the shadow one, the mushroom one, and the round robin one!

I didn’t really have a least favorite honestly? :0!! I thought everything was p cool tho I did have a harder time with anything that was more art based despite me liking the mushroom coloring thing XD But that’s just cause I’m more of a writer!

So yeah, no real least favs! There was a great variety and I had a ton of fun!! So thanks for working so hard to put it all together!! <3 <3 <3

Posted 03/03/16, edited 03/03/16

I… won? Woohoo! *Hastily rushes to equip the Winter Stream bg*

I think my favourite event was Cast a Character, because I loved the test of writing to a pallette. I Spy is a close contender for second,  with the 4W Potpourri coming in third.

I didn’t participate in many of the events, so I didn’t have a least favourite.

Posted 03/03/16
My favorite of the events are participated in was definitely 4W Potpourri, with Round Robin coming in a close second. I didn’t do all of the pages because some of them were art based (which I can’t do). My least favorite of the ones I participated in though was probably shadow stories? It seemed a bit too much like What is the Thing? and round robin.
Posted 03/03/16

Wow, I can’t believe I won something! First time I managed that. Congrats to all the other winners!

My favorite things were definitely Cast a Character and I Spy. There were a lot I didn’t do so unfortunately I can’t really say which is my least favorite.

Posted 03/03/16

I got another copy of Rosy Cheeks, yeh ovo

I think my favorite was “What is the Thing?” just because I could insert my scientific knowledge into it. It was like the writing prompt in Shimmer in the Water event with the flower. I love creative writing that gives room for some real-life application, even if it’s not intended to be like that.

The word search and character crossword were oldies but goodies and perfect for getting some fun and easy points.

The only one I was getting frustrated with was “Spooopy Shadow Stories.” But this was mostly because I couldn’t find a dang flashlight bright enough… Or that had batteries working, or refill batteries for it. I was like going through my house like would this work? No. (I have like five types hanging around my house. I didn’t realize we had so many.) I took pictures on my phone so I couldn’t use my light on it at the same time. I think this was more of an availability thing and me being too busy to go out and get batteries than, but I was determined to try every type of activity, and I just wasn’t having it. I just shoved the flashlight as close to the ground as I could to amplify the spotlight brightness but then I was having trouble taking the picture and I’m a clumsy mess 8’D

Posted 03/04/16, edited 03/04/16

I won a thing! :D

And I was excited about Cast a Character, but I never got to it because I ended up being a lot busier than I was expecting to be during the event. :(

Posted 03/04/16

Yay :D!! As for which pages I liked. I would have to say, who wore it better. Cause that could just be funny xD!!

Not fond of any of the ones that required a length reply, written (if it had the option to express the answer as art than that was fine). Mostly, because during the week I’m brain dead and writing is a bit more mentally consuming.

Just going to leave it at that. I love crafting/making/drawing over writing x3. And thank you for my raffle prize!

Posted 03/04/16
Thank you so very much for the prize, and congrats to everyone. :3
Posted 03/06/16

Hello!

This is a quick notice to let you know that the Winter Holiday Fun Book forums will be going away soon. Direct links to threads or posts will continue to work, so if you want to keep a reference to any of the threads then please save links now :)

Posted 03/09/16