12:37 ST
[Update] Shops / Marketplace / Item Search revamp

Just to clarify: I believe the seller / buyer should not be listed in any sort of transactional history, that’s information people would have to be able to opt in to being public at worst. Preferably entirely anonymous (:

Examples (Visual only!): JellyNeo, Neopets Item Database. NeoCodex, Neopets Item Database (in disuse, so not very accurate), Bless Unleashed, In-Game Marketplace.

& Thanks Nyf! I’m very familiar with that page, but I personally find it unwieldy and it certainly doesn’t have all these nifty features the new market has (: But, having an opt-in toggle to show all items including those currently not for sale (ideally for transactional history purposes 8D) may not hurt anyone that considers it cluttered as is?

Posted 03/08/20, edited 03/08/20

Juney
This doesn’t cover the sale history aspect, but the item search page was updated as part of the marketplace update, so it also offers the tag search, gives the new item previews, and tells you how many of each item exist. The only real differences is that things aren’t auto-sorted by the shops or paired to prices (and obviously that all items on site are listed, even if not currently for sale)!

Posted 03/08/20

Oh! I absolutely missed that. Thanks for pointing that out!

*shot* I would still like to have a toggle option to have them all in the marketplace, too…

Posted 03/08/20, edited 03/08/20

glitch
There seems to be a, erm, glitch with the retired seasonal stuff. When selling, you still get the message that it’s unlisted because the item is sold by the site for cheaper

(Screenshot courtesy of doragon)

You can still buy the item in the marketplace, so it’s not a major problem, but I feel it still bears mentioning

Posted 03/09/20

Thanks for the heads up Hyasynthetic! Sorry about that, I’ll get it sorted as soon as I can :)

Edit: The issue has been fixed. The problem was that the “manage your items” page was not aware of the current season(s), and so it was incorrectly stating that out-of-season seasonal items were unlisted if their price was higher than the in-season price.

Posted 03/09/20, edited 03/10/20
I’m not too sure about how I feel about the crowded shops, but I absolutely love having previews of the items without having to go to the Magic puddle, as well as the searching feature. I do have one suggestion, though. I find myself wanting to search for specific items, and was a bit disappointed that there were no tags on them. Because the tags I was looking for don’t exist. Personally, I would love to be able to add the tags “drasillis” and “mushroom,” being able to search for all of the Drasillis (or other species) mushrooms that are on the market. Additionally, it would be rather slick to be able to sort event items by the event they came from, such as adding the tags “Bag of Wonders,” “Spring Event,” “Halloween Event,” and so forth.
Posted 03/20/20

Thanks again for the feedback on the first iteration of the updated marketplace. We’ve just pushed the second iteration.

The primary focus of this iteration was to make it easier to just browse items instead of having to search for them, and to make the market a little more friendly for people who may not feel up to searching. To that end, we’ve added a few shops, and given each shop a few categories of items (accessible by tabs) that they sell. The full market search is only ever a click away with the “search” tab at the very right.

We’ve also done some work getting the tags more consistent, and are quickly approaching the point where we’ll enable the tag suggestion feature :)

Posted 05/02/20, edited 05/02/20

THis is nice :D I like the tabs in each shop—super easy to flip thru now!

(And welcome to our new shopkeeps! :D)

Posted 05/02/20
JESSAMYN SPEAKS $_$
Posted 05/03/20
The market is way easier to browse now. Looks great!
Posted 05/03/20
The Marketplace feels soooo much nicer now! I think the tabs were very well selected and I’m excited for the tag suggestion feature to be released!
Posted 05/03/20

Wanted to post to say I really appreciate the tabs! I felt it was really overwhelming before and started avoiding the shops as a result. This second update is much improved! Mushrooms being all in one place (but differentiated by the tabs) is also wonderful. I was one of those users who kept looking for loneshrooms in the wrong place… 8(

Thank you!

Posted 05/03/20