11:36 ST
[EVENT] Legend of the Lost Trove (August 18th - August 31st)

Bunnii

Multiple games, as long as you reach the 3K points in one day c:

Posted 08/22/17

AestheticAcoustic
There are a couple of trickier spots! I’d suggest checking out this thread, as well as some of the previous posts here. :) There are some good hints floating about! If that doesn’t help you and you need more specific hints, toss me an echo and I’ll see what I can do!

Chimerical
The combination changes every time a new game is started, I believe, but it shouldn’t change between guesses in the same game.

Bunnii
You can do it over multiple games, so long as it’s collected within the same day! I’m horrible at Spellstones, so it took me several hours of work and maybe like… 20+ games. 8)’
Edit: Ninja’d!

Posted 08/22/17, edited 08/22/17
Oxton Crow Oh thank goodness! QuQ Thank you both <3
Posted 08/22/17
Can I request something about item distribution? I would really love if we could use event points to get mushroom fodder. I literally have over a dozen mushrooms that I haven’t been able to use. Some back from the FIRST summer event, which was two years ago. ...maybe three. Please, there is an overabundance of mushrooms. >.< (I just counted and I have 17!)
Posted 08/22/17

Shima
We do occasionally include the coats themselves in the prize shop! For this event, it didn’t make a whole lot of sense to do so, especially since it was a story-based event. It would’ve been downright cruel for Captain Kitt to bury a bunch of Kelph and Ineki in his trove.

However, I encourage you to include your request in the end-of-event survey! It definitely helps us plan for future prize distributions to know if a good chunk of our players prefer the option of obtaining coats versus mushrooms. This doesn’t necessarily mean it will be implemented in every single event going forward, but we are always open to such suggestions!

Posted 08/22/17

Agree with most people that it’d be nice to be able to choose which site game to play for the challange. I can do echolocation in less than half an hour no problem, but whenever we get one of the site games to play for an event, I always get stuck with spellstones, which I’m horrible at. I can barely get 100 points most times, and I’m expected to get 3000 in one day? the best I managed to get was 1700 points through multiple hours with multiple games, then it was so late I had to go sleep and lost everything due to this 1 day restriction. Absolutely not fun for me.
The anagram is also too hard with having the letters having to be unscrambled at the end. With no way to check if you have the right letters, you can be stuck for hours wondering why you can’t get the right words out. I was very lucky to stumble upon someone checking if they had the right letters (which they did) and I then saw I has 2 letters wrong. I would have never figured I’d never get it with my letters, not to mention having an apostrophe also added to the challange.
Outside of these two, I was able to get the others done without too many problems.

Posted 08/23/17

I got all nine pieces of the map, but finding the treasure is hard.
I suck at echolocation 3 out of 4 every time.

rip treasure xD

Posted 08/25/17
phew with help from the sweet people here I found out my two struggles. ( sorry for being such a nuisance and bother to you all your really appreciated <3 ;u; ) Now the last battle is the spellstones nightmare for tomorrow… echolocation I dont fear to much ^^,
Posted 08/26/17, edited 08/26/17

TeaTales

Spellstones marathon sessions can be a little intimidating for me as well, especially trying to reach the Nugget cap (or close to it) in one day. I hope this can be of some comfort for you, but don’t forget that you don’t need to amass those points all in one game. 

If you start with enough time before rollover, you can get as little as 100 or 200 points a game, distributing enough time between each game as is comfortable, and it’ll all add up before you know it.

And no worries, you’re certainly not a nuisance. <3 Everyone plays at their own pace with their own personal strengths and needs, and there’s nothing wrong with that. We’re here to help if you need it. ^^

Posted 08/26/17

Keilin Alyr
Oh yes I know it isnt points to get in one go, luckily, but the point is that I am so terrible bad at spellstones that on a good pull, I can get 10-15, 3-5 letter words, english aint my first language and even though Im confident in english when it comes to talking reading and such my brain just automatically shuts down whenever it looks at the spellstones, only finding the most basic of the letters even if I go with the alphabet-way.
I have no idea when rollover is, have always assumed it to be around 8-9 am for me at which point I’m usually still asleep unless its a praticum or meeting day.

Im definitly not patient when it comes to spellstones. I’ve struggled so much with it over the times and all the events I’ve been trough that I’ve even started hating the word itself.. Stupidly enough.

And yes I have wordbooks by my side when I look for words in spellstones sessions as well as using google to try and help me finding new words.. But welp, I’m just no good.

( and no, I got no idea what my strengths are.. Apart from being ridicolously stubborn.. )

Posted 08/26/17
I need help again! D: I just cannot unscramble the words you are supposed to get from the crossword puzzle. I think someone earlier said that it’s a bit too long, and I agree.
Posted 08/27/17

thewordeater

The answer is 3 words, with an ’ in the 2nd word. Should look like this:

### ####’# ###

#= a letter

echo me for the answer if you still cant get it!

Posted 08/27/17
Foxcat I got it! Thank you. :)
Posted 08/27/17

Any tips on the Frank Fox puzzle, sadly it’s one of the puzzles I was never good at. I just get to confused and then my brain goes “don’t want to work on it”

And sadly I don’t have enough online time for the Spellstones which is sadly bad because I would love to work on it.

Posted 08/28/17

Inuiza
You mean the game with the coloured dots, right? I can try to help!

I follow these steps and can consistently find a solution within 5-6 rounds, depending on how soon I find the correct colours.

1. Put in 4 dots of the same colour.
2. If any of the 4 dots are correct (e.g. 1 dot is correct), keep the dot in any position and fill in the remainder with dots of another colour, again all the same. If none were correct, just keep putting in 4 of the same colour until you get a ping.
3a. After finding out at least 1 dot colour, if the next colour you tried doesn’t turn anything up (so you have no dots in that colour), you can obviously just use the round as a way to assess the position of your first correct dot(s).
3b. If the next colour you tried turned up something, you can start guessing multiple positions. I will typically assume that if a correct position is shown, it will be of the colour there is more of (e.g. you had 1 white and 3 pinks, and the indicators show 1 correct position and 1 wrong position; I’ll assume that the white is in the wrong position, and 1 of the 3 pinks is correct, and arrange following guesses based on this assumption).
4. Repeat the steps above until you have all the colours and from there just try to follow the indicator’s hints for positioning. If you really want to find out the position of a single dot, you can bum a round by putting the dot along with 3 dots of a colour you know isn’t in the solution, but with experience it’s definitely possible to figure things out along the way! This is something I’m not entirely sure how to explain unfortunately, but if you need more specific help feel free to ping me again and ask c:

Edit: LOL oops I don’t know if you’ll see this since this was a while ago, but I’m only now realising that I messed up the names. If you mean the logic puzzle, sometimes it helps to lay things out on a grid like this one (linked from this thread)—it can help you figure out what you have right or wrong c:

Posted 08/28/17, edited 08/29/17
Finding out that the treasure can only be revealed by playing echolocation, a game that I still don’t understand how to play… It kills the last of my motivation to clear the last four cards I’ve got. I’m just looking forward to the shop opening so I can get that nifty ocean background I see a lot of clever players already sporting!
Posted 08/28/17

Myla
I’m not sure if you’re the correct mod I should be PMing about this but

I’ve noticed that the coins in the Fistful o’ Doubloons item can’t be toggled on the active Dog Ineki. I’ve tried it on all the other species including uprights and actives and that is the only Ineki on which it can’t be toggled.

Will there be a fix for it?

Posted 08/29/17
WeyrLeader if you keep trying you can hopefully get an easy board :) i eventually got 3 reflections haha
Posted 08/29/17
Glaive  I pushed a fix, so it should toggle now.  Thanks for the heads up. :)
Posted 08/29/17

For those of you that might still be stuck on the echolocation leg of the event, I found it really helpful to click on all the outside bits and then stick my board into paint to draw out the paths so I could see them better. Remember: the ‘wasp’ is always at the corner of the bending wave (it helps me to remember that they never actually touch what they’re bouncing off of) and that RAR always means that it’s right there at the edge of the map.

Posted 08/30/17
Reminder: Event ends tonight!

Shake down that crew and get those map pieces!  If you’re having trouble with something, reach out to the community, pop by chat, or echo staff!  I’ve been helping quite a few of you find that one last bottle that is hiding on that page you swear you checked, so feel free to shoot me a message if you’re having trouble! :)

The event end means that soon the treasure location (aka prize shop) will be revealed to all who have been playing even if you haven’t gotten all the map pieces so that you can spend your points!

Posted 08/31/17

Azurrys
Thank you though I didn’t have time to solve it (real life).

But I would still like to like to check if this right.
Apples-Bank-River Kelph-Fifth
Milk-Bazaar-Dog Ineki-Third
Bread-Sacred Tree-Sea Kelph-First
Grog-Cave Entrance-Fox Ineki-Second
Fish-Fishing Hole-Drasillis-Fourth

Posted 09/04/17, edited 09/04/17
Inuiza I had that one c: Your first guess (Bread, at the Sacred Tree, sold by Sea Kelph) would have been right, but the rest, I’m not sure ^^;
Posted 09/04/17, edited 09/04/17

Inuiza
Hi! Assuming the puzzle is the same, I have a solved grid here. Interestingly though, your first guess doesn’t correspond with my table (unlike Rowyn’s), but some of your others do :o

Posted 09/04/17