10:48 ST
May News Discussion
Welcome, May!

This month’s OotS coat is May Flowers, by priz. It is now available for purchase in the Out of the Shadows shop, along with its Blooming Garland and Orchid Gardens!

New Mycenaissance

April’s Mycenaissance raffle has been drawn, and the spotlight chosen. Congratulations to our winners!

This month, we’d like to talk legacies. Once again, we are running a player-made prompt. This month, it’s Celestine’s ‘Your Will’! Check it out if you feel like flexing your creative muscles and earning the chance to win some fun prizes!

Cave Chronicles Event

We recently wrapped up our Cave Chronicles: Quest for the Lost Chamber event. All prizes have now been distributed, and the raffle drawn. :) We would like to thank everyone who took the time to participate in this event and provide feedback for us! Hopefully we will be able to hold another RP event soon!

If you’re interested in viewing the summary of results from the feedback survey for this event, you can do so here. Additionally, if your Runestone did not give you the Untamed Magic item you wanted, you may exchange it here.

Spring Spell Sling

Our Spring Spell Sling event has also come to an end! We hope you had fun helping Jessamyn perfect her potion-crafting — she certainly appreciates the help!

She will be packing up her event prize shop after 23:59 ST on May 4th, so be sure to trade in any leftover corks before then! After that point, any leftover corks will magically turn into raffle tickets — up to a maximum of 14 per player — and will be used in a raffle for some extra event prizes. :)

Staff Update

Since graduating with his doctorate and moving, daemon has decided to step down from staff, due to generally not having the time to tend to Mycena Cave any longer. Thank you, daemon, for everything you’ve contributed, and we look forward to seeing you around when you have time to visit us!

New Items

Several new items were released into our shops this month! Many of these were themed around the results from our completed item survey. You’ll find several new backgrounds within Lands Within, new circlets in Sullie’s Closet, and some neat new atmospheric items in Fungimental Magic! Keep your eyes peeled on the announcement thread in the coming months… we may be releasing even more fun shop items for Mycenians to enjoy!

Toggleable Items

Continuing with our goal of offering more customization options for Mycenians, we have started the process of giving several of our items toggleable layers. Several items received this upgrade in April, including the Enchanted Gazes, Tea Set, Disguise, Jungle Glade, and more! You can find all of April’s toggleable items in the old announcement thread. We will continue utilizing this feature in the future, so watch announcements for any updates!

Finally, I can show off my gorgeous ‘stache and my enrapturing eyes. ;{D

glitch Updates

As you may have noticed over the past couple of weeks, there have been several (small) changes made to the user interface around Mycena Cave. glitch has been busy making some necessary updates to the magical codes that make up certain site features. You can find out more details on why these changes are necessary and what they affect in this thread.

Coat Survey Results

We hosted and concluded our coat survey in April. Thank you to everyone who contributed to the survey, whether by submitting suggestions or taking the time to vote! You can see the cleaned results here. Staff will keep these preferences in mind when designing new coats for Mycenians in the future!

Guide Updates

Mont was generous enough to create our official New Player’s Handbook! While built to assist new denizens of the Cave, he hopes that it may provide some useful information even to some of our wizened players, or those returning from hiatus. Additionally, our canon, semi-canon, and non-canon RP guidelines have been dusted off and updated. Please let us know if you spot anything that is unclear!

Over the next several months, Mycena Cave’s guides will continue to be developed and renovated. If there are any features you would like to see expounded upon or that may be confusing to you, please throw us a mention and we will see what we can do!

Remember!
If you’re uncertain about how something works, you probably aren’t alone! Thank you for helping us to help you!Mont

Posted 05/01/17

Wow, you guys are so on top of things, I swear… Props to all of you, really.

And yes to these extremely stylish OotS puppers—on my birth month too. :0

Posted 05/01/17

;-;  so sad to see daemon leaving.  Understandable with Life changes, but sad all the same.  I lift a glass of the old Mycenian beverage in your honor sir and wish you much success in your new path c=  Thank you for everything you’ve done for the Cave!!!

*snuggles a new priz pupper ....cuz it’s priz of course it’s got to be a pup xD

The new items and toggleables are wonderful!  I’m happy to see the dories have helped.  And Thank You!!!  to the staff behind the rp even and the Spring Sling! <3 <3 <3 those had to take a lot of planning, dedication and hard work to create.  I appeciate it, as they were both a lot of fun c=

Posted 05/01/17
OH MY GOD what an aesthetic monthly set <3 ; w;
Posted 05/03/17