09:26 ST
December News Discussion Thread
Decembrrrrr

A couple of days ago we officially released the Magic Puddle, to let you see what a pet would look like with various items. And… well… stay tuned because another big update will be coming out sometime in the coming week :D If you’ve been lurking in chat, you probably have an idea what it is! Otherwise….. it’ll be a surprise ^^ Today also marks the release of our very first Out of the Shadows Dog Ineki.

Besides the, ah, surprise coming out soon, this month will probably be a month of cleanup on our end. We’re going to fix the layering issue that some items have with each other. Also the pet and item listing pages under ‘Help’ were fine when they were little, but need some serious overhauling now that the lists are getting longer. And we most certainly need a search function, so hopefully we can expect to see those live before the month is over. We’ll also make a big push to get that T-shirt shop we talked about a while ago up and running :)

We’ll update this post as these and other things happen :) Happy December!

Posted 12/01/13, edited 12/01/13

Aaaaaah the new Ineki is REALLY CUTE ubububu ;v; I’ll have to save up for one!!

Also I’m really loving the Magic Puddle! It’ll really save me some nuggets in the long run.

Posted 12/01/13

*pokes and paws at the magic puddle* It’s so neat and shiny!
And Surprises?! I like surprises! :o *waits and peers eagerly*

Posted 12/01/13

I’ve been playing around with the puddle and I have to say, it’s really useful! I already have a few outfits planned. I also like the search function, makes things a lot easier.

Also… a surprise? Oh wow *cough* someone who lurks in the chat should send me an echo and tell me what it is about because I really really want to know *cough*

Posted 12/01/13

Of course, when I take a small break from Mycena, I miss a big scoop in the chat! ; A ; Now I wanna know what the surprise is! ; 3;

Aaaanyway, yeah.~ Totally excited about the doggy inekiiiiii!~ *wiggles* <33 And I’ll definitely be using that puddle. ^^ b

Thank you for all the hard work you guys put into the site. I appreciate it so much.~ I <3 you all. ; w ;

Posted 12/01/13

Gah, I must get that dog ineki! *cave in playing intensifies*

I can’t wait to find out what the surprise is :)

Posted 12/01/13
Aw… I still can’t even get into the Chat so I know I didn’t see the discussion in question. :(
Posted 12/02/13
Nephele, does http://www.mycenacave.com/chat not work for you? What’s the issue with it?
Posted 12/02/13
It says ‘joining chat’ for a couple minutes and then I got a pop up saying “uh oh, it looks like you lost connection with the server (sorry!). Please refresh the page”. But when I refresh the page it just does the same thing… It’s probably either my computer or my router or something. It usually is.
Posted 12/02/13

Dangit, I forgot to copy and paste my final draft of my Halloween entry.
Is there a way I could get that? I just realized the forum was turned off from public view; I haven’t really been on a whole lot since the event ended. I guess I was expecting we’d have more time access to it or an archive of some sort.

Posted 12/02/13, edited 12/02/13
@ Lycan, does this help? ;)
Posted 12/02/13

Yes!
But the real question is… did I completely miss the forum like a ding dong, or did you just manage to save a link to the forum yourself?

Posted 12/03/13, edited 12/03/13
Lycan: There’s no link left up. So either she had a link, or she guessed it by taking the “https://www.mycenacave.com/forums/view/” that’s on every forum and putting in numbers until she got the event forum.
Posted 12/03/13

XD Or there’s going into a user’s profile and looking at their previous posts. Granted, this doesn’t work if the user has posted enough since the event to bump that post off, but… yeah.

On the other hand, if anyone else wants copies of what they’ve written I can copy it and send it through echoes.

Posted 12/03/13
Nephele you probably tried to join while I was restarting the chat server ^^
Posted 12/04/13, edited 12/04/13
You can actually still access the entire Halloween forum if you have a post link to one of the threads. It’s still on the server, just not connected/visible, so if you have a link to one thread you can see them all. I have mine linked in my profile if anyone wants to find their Halloween thread.
Posted 12/04/13, edited 12/04/13

We just pushed an update we’ve been working on for quite while… it’s subtle, but it has us super excited! Pet images are now a little bit… better. It’s hard to describe exactly what I mean, so I’ll just show you a before/after:
before
after

With this update, we’ve also reworked the look for stone-form, to something we really like and works properly with customs and event pets :)

Posted 12/10/13, edited 12/10/13

The pet quality increase is hard to notice, but nice :3 Thank you.

The stone-form change is amazing o_o I was disappointed at having all the ugly things sitting in my cave, but holy hell are they beautiful now :D

Posted 12/10/13
Oh my gosh. That stone change. Whoa. It’s very neat…
Posted 12/10/13, edited 12/10/13

I noticed the change a few moments after I bought a Siberian Squill. I was a bit confused at first, but I have to say, I definitely like the change. The new stone forms are so fancy and shiny! I’m almost tempted to buy a few Ineki and not carve them at all.

I also feel like the colorations in general look… smoother? More crisp? I’m not sure if I’m just seeing things, though.

Posted 12/10/13

Is it just me or dose anyone else with the uncarved stone color was an actual coloration we could keep? >__<

Images do look great! :D

Posted 12/10/13

Morgan: Yup! Smoother and sharper and better color fidelity to the original PSDs :)

Foxcat: I know what you mean! I’m considering petrifying some of my pets… which reminds me, that petrification mushroom needs to make its way into a shop sometime soon

Posted 12/10/13, edited 12/12/13

I really really dig the new front page. It has everything I want to know at a glance, but isn’t too cluttered. The featured pet is a nice touch, too.

If I were to change anything it would be to put the most recent news at the very top, maybe above the stickied forum threads column(since that’s where I keep looking for recent site going-ons too). That way I wouldn’t fail to see it, and the current monthly could be moved up a little.

Posted 12/28/13

Is the featured pet purely random?
Ack, saw this was answered on the Facebook page!

“For now, yes, other than that the pet needs to have at least one item equipped.”

Posted 12/28/13, edited 12/28/13
As promised (and just in the nick of time), we now have Search! If you have any suggestions on how to make it better, please feel free to let us know! :)
Posted 12/29/13, edited 12/29/13
Woohoo, search feature! Unfortunately, search isn’t working for me. ; n ; !! I get a database error. :c Is this happening to anyone else?
Posted 12/29/13

Ooh, I’m getting a database error too. o:  But I’m in love with the new way to view coats!!  Though, there is an error when I try to view the second page of customs hehe.

I’m kind of surprised that aside from customs, Fog is the rarest coat!  I wonder how many people have mushrooms for it that just haven’t used them yet… (:<

Same errors for the Search as everyone else. :)

“A Database Error Occurred

Error Number: 1064

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘)’ at line 3

SELECT * FROM (`species`) WHERE `species_id` NOT IN ()

Filename: /home/mycena/public_html/models/pets.php

Line Number: 35”

Posted 12/29/13

Wow, I agree with Breathless! The new way to view coats is amazing!!! <3

I also get a database error when following the search link, and an “Invalid coat!” when trying to view the second page of customs.

Posted 12/29/13

what are you guys doing to get the database error?

edit: oh duh, nevermind, whoops! fixed :)