15:39 ST
[Forum Game] Mycena Cave Cuisine Competition -- Budget Edition (discussion)
Hahahaha Daemon’s recipe!
Posted 04/24/15
I’m hungry just thinkin about this event HEHEHE!!! I have just the food item to post too! I’m excited cuz I’ve been bragging about this food at every opportunity irl but now I get to brag about it IN VIRTUAL SPACE! HEH!!!
Posted 04/24/15

Was going enter, until I saw daemon’s post. We all know who the winner is going to be.

Posted 04/24/15
You should still enter, Xiao! Just like other Cave Challenges, if a member of staff we keep picking new winners until non-staff wins :D
Posted 04/24/15

CAN I VOUCH FOR DORAGON’S MUSHROOM RISOTTO
WE HAVE NO WAY TO MAKE IT HERE AT COLLEGE BUT I SWEAR THEY MAKE IT ALL THE TIME BACK HOME AND IT IS DELICIOUS TuT

Posted 04/24/15

hahahaha y’all are gonna get the best episode of cooking with miranda: broke college kid ever!!

how does everyone feel about broccoli?

Posted 04/24/15
Darn, this woulda been the perfect time to use a pound cake recipe I made up but alas it wouldn’t even meet the minimum requirements )8
Posted 04/24/15

Miranda Fellow broke college student who would love to hear your broccoli recipe right here. XD

Unfortunately I can’t really give any recipes. My best cookies ever come straight from a Quaker Oatmeal tin and my favorite stuffed acorn squash recipe is taken from two different recipes on some cooking site. I shouldn’t post someone else’s recipes. >.< plus you know, broke college student who can’t really cook and has no money for more than a few ingredients….

Posted 04/24/15
I love broccoli! And I’m the opposite of most people on staff - I’m all but carnivorous XD; And I like sweet things! I…abhor Splenda though…(Although combining sweet and meat is not something I can say with confidence I’ve found tasty…)
Posted 04/24/15
Question: can we post the recipe and then get our proof added later as long as it’s all completed before the deadline? Or does we have to post one and done with it (aka all at once)?
Posted 04/24/15

Aw, dang! Why’d I have to go and make cave-in cookies a few months ago instead of waiting? xD

Ah well, I actually have two other ideas in mind… The only problem is the whole proof thing… I’ve never exactly taken pictures of them before, much less with my ID… If I make the one, I do have pictures of the stuff and it has my (supposedly) distinct counter top in it? Could I use that as proof? xD; The other recipe I actually made recently, but there’s a half eaten bowl of it left. Could I take a picture of that? XD;;

Posted 04/24/15, edited 04/24/15

Where was this contest back when I was a broke college student? It would have been so useful to have your recipes then, haha.

I’m really looking forward to trying the things everyone comes up with! :D

Posted 04/24/15

I like cooking but, I don’t eat any sort of mushrooms xD. Or drink anything with alcohol. Derp :P

*le sigh* I swear near every competition posted I either can’t do it because my brain is dumb, or it’s not something I like\talent in.

Posted 04/24/15, edited 04/24/15
I don’t think you need to use mushrooms, my recipe doesn’t!
Posted 04/24/15

Hrm, true. Though I guess what through me was the mycenafying it. I think, shroom xD. I will have to see if I have enough time to complete the whole thing (the entire check list).

BTW, what good are these medals for?

Posted 04/25/15

LAsDarkFireWolf

Golden medallions are equippable items for your pets. :) You can test it out in the magical puddle, but here’s an example of a pet wearing one.

Posted 04/25/15

I am totally cool with broccoli. I come from veggies+potatoes+meat land, where broccoli is part of the sovereignty.

Hina; That is absolutely fine! You can submit your entry whenever, but we can only nominate it once the entry has been completed :)

Pooka; If you can prove the materials in the older picture are, in fact, your kitchen supplies (a kitchen counter is part of that :P), sure! And, a half eaten bowl (as look as it still resembles the dish somewhat, ahah) with your username somewhere visible in the picture, is also valid!

LAsDarkFireWolf; You definitely do not need to use mushrooms. I’ve only recently discovered a liking to mushrooms, so I don’t want to overdo it by only eating meals that have mushrooms in it, ahah. If you have a tasty suggestion but you can’t exchange the ingredients to be “Mycena Cave inspired”, just write a story about the dish, or draw it, or do something else to place the dish as is in the lore :D

Posted 04/25/15
I hope the staff is ready for my great-great grandmother’s chocolate chip cookies. >:D
Posted 04/27/15
It would be cool to get a Mycena Cave Cookbook out of this event with all the submitted recipes. Maybe Darcy could have a link to the cookbook in her shop. I can’t cook anything without step by step instructions, and even then it doesn’t come out right, so I will not be entering, but I would love to try some of the recipes that are entered.
Posted 04/27/15, edited 04/27/15
Heads up!

You only have until Sunday, May 3rd at 23:59 ST to submit your recipe entries!

(AND THEN WE CAN FINALLY GET TO EATING EVERYTHINGGGG YESSSS :D)

Posted 05/01/15, edited 05/01/15

Even if you aren’t part of the staff, I highly recommend my recipe if you are craving to bake and love sweets.
I personally believe this is the best cake my family makes. If a pastry is both moist and amazing without icing, I find it very appealing. (Usually I need milk because it’s too dry and icing overpowers the actual flavor for most pastries.)

It might look plain, but it is divineeeee, trust me.

Posted 05/04/15, edited 05/04/15
I kinda drooled a little when I saw the pot roast and veggies recipe. I love pot roast.
Posted 05/04/15
eee thank you, Giratina! I love that recipe so much. And it makes so many delicious leftovers… mmm. :D I hope you can try it someday (and that you totally love it)!
Posted 05/04/15
Yooo I can totally vouch that Lycan’s no icing cake truly is delicious 8D
Posted 05/05/15
I am so amped for this. ovo
Posted 05/05/15

oh god this is actually kinda embarassing haha my recipe was….. a badly photoshopped joke ;v; imeantheingredientswerekindaunrealistic and ireallyreallyhonestlycannotcook so that was my only option lmao

edit: oH MY GOD FIRKASA WHY /wheezes/
way to make a better recipe than what i had >w>

Posted 05/05/15, edited 05/08/15
Teal, tbh your recipe made me laugh so hard. It made me so happy just to read it. I love the pictures and descriptions, and that really does look delicious…
Posted 05/05/15
@MmeLibertine aah thank you i’m glad someone got a laugh out of it ;u;!! i’m just worried about what would happen if someone attempted to cook it… safety hazards n all that…... sweats nervously
Posted 05/05/15

I totally forgot to put in my original recipe BUT….

You make a HUGE sandwich so feel free to SAVE PARTS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK! LUNCH FOR A WEEK YAHOO!!!! cut it into 5 parts and you got a lunch for every day :3

Lunch for every day for about 30$ give or take, and you have alot of it left over to make EVEN MORE SANDWICHES BUWAHAHAH ! so make as many sandwiches as you want!

Posted 05/06/15

@Juney In regards to the banana cake I have a couple of ideas as to where it could have gone wrong.

1. Are you sure you used baking powder and not baking soda?
  2. Baking powder is baking soda and an acid usual tartaric acid mixed together. If you used the wrong one you wouldn’t get the proper chemical reaction while baking.
  3. Did you mix it too much?
  4. I am thinking this is much less likely to be the case over the first option

If you did use the correct leavening agent then I am not sure where you could have gone wrong.

Posted 05/09/15