11:54 ST
New game ready for playtesting! [Updated 2/19]
See the update here

———-

Hi everyone!

We’re ready to open up our new game for playtesting! This is the game, brought to you by daemon and that we referred to as “Shark!” during our AMA, has a new name: Spellstones.

Give it a try here!

Some notes:
1- We’ve replaced the scrabble dictionary we’ve been using for word-games with a much better word list
2- There is no nugget reward for playing at this point, because we really need to see what scores end up looking like first. Instead, we have a high score contest :)

You may have noticed a new area on the High Score page has popped up. When the rewards for high scores for February are tabulated, the rewards for Spellstones will be:

1st place: 10 gems
2nd place: 9 gems
3rd place: 8 gems
9th place: 2 gems
10th place: 1 gem

This game is still in beta so you may experience some hiccups. If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to plop them in this thread :)

Posted 02/17/15, edited 02/20/15
...im still gonna call it Shark :3c
Posted 02/17/15
Woo
Posted 02/17/15
Ooh! Fun game, I like it.
Posted 02/17/15

I LOVE SHARK!
I don’t have time to play test it much right now, but from glancing at it Shark is neato ;3c

Posted 02/17/15

NEW GAMEEEE

*rushes off to go try it even though I already hit the nugget cap*

Edit: Just saw that there’s no nugget reward for the game. *may have posted here before actually reading the announcement* :P

Posted 02/17/15, edited 02/17/15
Looks very interesting. >w<
Posted 02/17/15

Should have a line showing you the order of letters you’ve clicked. Makes it easier to undo.

Also rather hard imo. I have 5 vowels so it’s hard to link words. Then again, I’m not really a word nut like my stepmom and stepsister.

Oh my goodness D: 3 X’s and 4 R’s clumped ;m; *cry*

Morichinatsu it shows you the letters you clicked (in order) at the bottom
Quick tip: You can hit enter to submit a work and escape to clear the current word
Posted 02/17/15
OH man, I love this one already! :DDD
Posted 02/17/15
I’m so bad at this game. XD It’s still fun nevertheless. I’m looking forward to earning nuggets from playing. :D
Posted 02/17/15

I see that, Glitch, but it’s hard if you have multiple letters in a row [Sneeze, Fluff, Funny, Opossum, etc.] if you think you’ve got a word and go to make it to find you can’t.

Ah, found the “Clear selection” button clears what letters you’ve got. lol I was so worried it’d clear my word selection instead and I’d be all “But but but”

this is really fun o3o the only thing, my touch pad isn’t lining up with the grid properly. i’ll click a letter and a different one will light up. sometimes diagonal, sometimes directly to my left, for a bit it was up two squares and to the left one! i’m playing on IE, on an asus with windows 8, if that helps haha.
Posted 02/17/15

Having same bug as Miranda—IE11 w/ WIndows 7.

I remember having this issue one time with cave-in—I can dig out that echo if you want more data.

Posted 02/17/15

has 179 points
went to highscores to see if it’d beat everyone else’s score
sees Aether with 921
cries

Edit: we’re looking into the IE issues

Hmmmm, I still had about twenty minutes but when I hit 50 words it said the timer ran out and forced me to end the game. Is it supposed to work like that?
Posted 02/17/15
I’ve been informed that we are now recording all your words. I’m going to offer a second prize of 5 gems to the person with the longest word (since we started to record them). In the case of a tie, the reward will be split among the first five to reach that length. I don’t know if we’ll be adding this to the high score list or not.
Metalhawk: if you refresh, does it still say you’re out of time?
Posted 02/17/15
I already moved away from that particular board because it told me time was up so I can’t answer that, but if it happens again I’ll refresh and let you know!
Posted 02/17/15
ooh, yeah I had a similar problem once with cave in, also! it was during the Halloween event, I was looking through the coding for clues and saw a link that only shows up if you don’t have java enabled, and I clicked it (because my java-based chem homework is SO fussy I always have to do it on another browser haha so I thought it would help) and then it mixed cave-in up.
Posted 02/17/15

@Miranda: YEAH that was that. I don’t think it was related to the java tho, glitch said something at the time about “Internet Explorer and following display standards not going hand in hand”.

Yeahhhh. I don’t know why I still use this browser. Probs cos I’m old and set in my ways.

Posted 02/17/15
lol I’m so slow at this game but I’m having fun. Thank you!
Posted 02/17/15

*Spelled Fart and Farts on her first board*

*Runs away like a little kid*

Posted 02/17/15
Is it just me, or does it seem like there are a lot of repetitive letters clumped together?
Posted 02/17/15
Doesn’t seem to work in IE11.
Posted 02/17/15

@Xiao, letters are drawn from a set pool and randomly placed. Sadly random letters are not always the most conducive for making words. We may change the board generation latter.

@tehuti88, thanks. We’re looking into IE at the moment. All the browsers handle click locations differently and it’s really annoying…

Posted 02/17/15
Also, seriously wow’d by the high scores o-o Granted, I haven’t had a chance to sit down and play until the timer runs out, but I doubt I could come even close to those scores! Awesome job, guys xD

@daemon

Then everything seems to be working smoothly on my end (Safari). Although, it would be awesome if the “found words” section have different order options besides alphabetical like timeline or # or letters, but especially timeline.

Posted 02/17/15

Same here Xiao
Wow this game is hard owo;;

Posted 02/17/15