00:35 ST
Mycena Cave Secret Santa - wrapping up!

Welcome to the first Official Mycena Cave Secret Santa! It’s described fairly well on the intro page (which is also the rules page) so without further ado, I’ll plop link here:
https://www.mycenacave.com/santa/

Please note!

In order to participate in this Secret Santa, your account has to have been created at least one month before this announcement. That is to say, if you signed up on October 19th 2014 or later, you will not be able to participate.

Important dates!

November 30 at 23:59 server time: Signup deadline! No exceptions!
Sometime on December 2: Santas will be paired with their Santa-ees!
On or before December 25: Your Santa-ee should have received their present.
On or before December 31: Hard deadline. Your Santa-ee must have received their present.

Santas may give their Santa-ees physical or digital presents, but if Santa-ees are uncomfortable with giving their address out to an Internet Stranger, then they can restrict their Santa to giving them digital things only (and thus not need an address).

For much more info (well, all the rest of the info, in fact), head over to the Secret Santa page and get started!

Posted 11/18/14, edited 12/29/14

YESSSSS!

“You have registered for Mycena Cave Secret Santa!”

Posted 11/18/14, edited 11/18/14

Pusheeeeeeen! <3

I’ve signed up :D

Posted 11/18/14
Ooh, that looks like fun! ^^ *Signs up.* Hopefully it won’t be too difficult to figure out what my Santa-ee wants. ;3;
Posted 11/18/14
I’ve signed up too~ *Rolls around* <33
Posted 11/18/14
Oh, cool. C: I’ve never been part of a community that’s had something like this! Signed up!
Posted 11/18/14
I’ve done a lot of Secret Santas in small groups online but never one open to the entire site. I’m definitely in!
Posted 11/18/14
Signed up!!!!! I AM SO PUMPED FOR THISSSSS
Posted 11/18/14
Eep. I thought this was a Mycena Cave secret Santa, not a RL $ secret Santa. Really weird in my opinion, but I’m happy to sit out and watch. Have fun folks!
Posted 11/18/14
I might not be able to give an IRL gift (it depends on money the next monthish), but I can for sure give something digital :3

Lilael; You are welcomed to deselect the physical present part and opt to only send and receive a digital present :) When you sign up, you get the following preferences overview, and here you can indicate what you’d like to receive:

When you receive your santa-ee’s name, you can always just gift them a digital present. Exchanging addresses or gifting/receiving is absolutely optional for those that do not feel uncomfortable doing so :) (for example, I would love to send Myla a real life pile of spider plushies, but I can imagine other people do not feel comfortable sending people things in real life).

The $10 value mentioned in the rules is only an indication to make sure everyone gifts and receives a present of around the same value. This means that a digital present would have to be worth 10 gems or more, or could also for example be a piece of art or prose that you invested $10 worth of time in.

Ah! I didn’t know there was a page after the initial “register me.”

If we were to send a digital present like MC things, how do we measure that it’s valued at 10USD?

Posted 11/18/14
$10 equates to 10 gems, or 36000 nuggets :) You could use the general sale value of an item (bazaar/trade forum), or ask around what other people feel an item is worth. The rule only exists to prevent people gifting something worth very little (e.g. giving someone only one pair of Black Wings from the shop valued at 1000 nuggets).
Gotcha! Thank you a bunch. u wu
Posted 11/18/14
Not sure I can save up even 10 gems by December 25. >.< I’ll definitely be thinking about it, though.
Posted 11/18/14

I am so excited for this!
It’s the perfect addition to my yearly holiday madness :D

Posted 11/18/14

Wow! This is a really good idea! I better get saving if I want to both buy the monthly and something nice for my santee!

Question: will we be able to send pets to our santee? Or will they need to be sent in mushroom form?

Let the spoiling begin. :|
Posted 11/18/14
This is so exciting! I have the best idea in mind~
Posted 11/18/14
I’ve signed up! Really looking forward to this :D
Posted 11/18/14

This is what it says every time I go to the page—-

Error!

To participate in this Secret Santa your account must have been activated at least one month before the announcement (i.e. before Oct 19th)

I know I signed up in August but it won’t let me sign up for this.

Posted 11/18/14
PixxiRose:  I’ll let glitch know about the issue you’re having and he’ll post here once it’s fixed.  He won’t be able to get to it for a couple hours though. <3 Sorry about that!
Posted 11/18/14
*quietly signs up, then flees*
Posted 11/18/14
Thank you so much!
Posted 11/18/14
I’m also getting the same error as pixxi but I’m pretty sure I signed up in summer :/ (considering i was part of the event)
Posted 11/18/14
When there is site breaking mayhem, one will always find a trail of glitch crumbles left behind!

I wanted to participate but I have this: “To participate in this Secret Santa your account must have been activated at least one month before the announcement (i.e. before Oct 19th)”

I joined in 2013 :<

Posted 11/18/14
Pandore:  Yes, a few people have been getting that error.  We’ll be fixing it as soon as possible. :)
Posted 11/18/14

I keep getting an error about having to be signed up for a month. I’ve been a member since March o’:

Edit: It works for me now. C: Thanks! All signed up <3

I hope I can give a gift on time D: I hope I can spare some money a little before or after ;n;
Posted 11/18/14