04:26 ST
February News Discussion
Good to see you, February!

The newest OotS coat to join our collection is Moonrise, along with their Moonlight Sceptre and Moondrop Jewels! This month’s coat and items were created by Plaid. You can purchase this set from the Out of the Shadows shop through the end of the month!

Activity Updates
  • The Creative Collective has a new thread, and fresh prompts for February!
  • Bingo RP is on its yearly hiatus while we discuss what changes we’d like to make to it for this coming year.
  • A new round of the Chamber of Reflections has begun!
  • This month’s Productivi-Day will be on Thursday, Februrary 15th!

Coats for a Cause: Kiwi’s Recovery

For the next three months, Mycena Cave is raising money for a member of our community’s, Kiwi‘s, recovery from a stroke. Read more here (cw: medical)

The coat is called Reverence, and is created by Tamako, a guest artist and former artist for Mycena Cave, and one of Kiwi’s close friends. Coats for a Cause Donation Page

Upcoming Winter Event: Little Light Festival

With the clouds thick and the moon hidden, how can Mycenians be expected to celebrate? Amidst the annual Lunar Luck Festival in the Cave, where the moon traditionally illuminates the cavern to bring good fortune, an unexpected lack of moonlight threatens the celebration due to an unusually cloudy month. Undeterred, the community ignites a massive bonfire, deciding to inaugurate the New Year with their own Little Light Festival, replacing the customary lunar glow with a Cave-crafted brilliance.

Our winter event, Little Light Festival, is nearly ready to launch! The event will start Sunday, February 4th at 12:00 (noon) Server Time and end on Februrary 18t at 23:59 Server Time and consist of a handful of forum-based activities.

Peent De Amor

Peent has returned to sell goods to her Birbentines for the month of February. Be sure to stop by Peent De Amor!

FLUTTER IN AND DISCOVER A NEST OF TREASURES, FROM COLORFUL PERCH-ONALIZED ACCESSORIES TO BEAK-TIFUL GIFTS THAT WILL MAKE YOUR LOVED ONES SQUAWK WITH JOY! PEENT’S COLLECTION OF SHINY AND WING-DERFUL DELIGHTS WILL LEAVE YOU CHIRPING FOR MORE.

Sprout Raffle

The annual sprout raffle will commence on February 14th!

The sprout raffle is where we raffle off a handful of sprouts/semi-customs (winner’s choice) to celebrate the season! The number of slots we open each year is determined by artist availability, which we are currently surveying. Each will receive a light edit sprout for their selected geness, or a light edit semi-custom ineki (winner’s choice of ineki type, pose, and open or closed mouth) based upon a color palette of their choosing.

Creative Event Survey

We ran a Creative Event Survey in January and are currently in the process of getting those results together!

Artist Retirement

King originally joined our art team in September of 2014, and now, nearly 10 years later, it is time to wish them farewell.

It’s hard to know where to begin on this one—King has been such a huge part of our site and to the success of our art team over the years, and a big inspiration to me personally in what to strive for in my own art. King has had a hand in mentoring new artists, writing art tutorials, collaborating with artists, and more. They’ve made many stunning coats and items. They’ve helped with large pieces of event art, such as banners as collection pages. They’ve poured countless hours of love into our site, and Mycena Cave will always be better for it.

Thank you for everything, King, and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors! <3

Behind the Veil
  • glitch and Myla put together Coats for a Cause, and have also been working on the spring shop, and the winter event!
  • The coordinator team is working on wrapping up the event and activities feedback survey and launching the spring event.
  • The art team have been working on the queues, spring shop, and winter event and will soon be working on the raffle!

Posted Feb 1
;O;!!! We’ll miss you, King! I love all your art so SO much, and it’s been such a pleasure throughout the years working alongside you and just talking to you!
Posted Feb 1

Aaaaa sad to see you go as an artist, King. I’ve always adored your coats and customs, but I wish you the best in your endeavors!

Also wishing Kiwi the best for their recovery!

Posted Feb 1, edited Feb 2

so much news this month ;n;

i wish kiwi the best as they recover, and king as they move on <33

Posted Feb 2
I haven’t been reliably online for a good long while, but I want to wish Kiwi a strong recovery and my fondest sympathies.  They’ve been a fun part of my memories of Mycena and I wish them well.
Posted Feb 2
Farewell, King, I will miss your art contributions so much!! I wish you the best of luck going forward in life!
Posted Feb 2

I’m so sorry to hear about Kiwi’s struggles. Though I didn’t know them well personally, my heart truly goes out to them, their family, and friends during what certainly must be such a scary and stressful time. <3 They were always such a joy to interact with. I am wishing them a successful recovery,

Tamako, your work on the coat is not only beautiful, but the reason its been made is such a touching thing to do for a friend in need.

It’s also sad to hear King is stepping down from the art team, but I am wishing them all the best! I hope we continue to see them in the community. Thank you King for all the amazing art you’ve done for MC, and a very personal thank you for the work you did on Living Inkantation. <3

Plaid, your work on this month’s OoTS is stunning! It’s such a beautiful coat, the items are gorgeous, and I can’t wait to carve them on my birthday (once I decide on which pose, haha.)

Posted Feb 3