03:00 ST
[EVENT] The Stoneskin Outbreak (Nov 10th - Nov 24th)
Hiiro Thank you for the in-depth explanation—that sounds frustrating. 8| I’ll let glitch know about it!
Posted 11/12/19

Ah, thanks glitch! ^-^ Must have missed that when I was skimming through the thread :‘D

Edit: just chiming in to say I’ve run into the same problem as Hiiro

Posted 11/12/19, edited 11/12/19
Myla Just dropping in to say I’ve had something similar happen at times from the start of the event. It’s kinda different from the invalid targets that disappear from the selection page thing, which also happens at times. I’ve been brushing it off because I’ve been trying this event across three devices so far.
Posted 11/12/19
I am having fun with this event but I think it would be feel better for players if they got some sort of reward if they were cured/infected. Right now I feel bad for curing/infecting people because I’m not sure what they want. Also curing/infecting people right now only has tangible benefits for me and not anyone else. It would enhance community spirit if there were rewards for the targets too. It would feel less frustrating for people too.
Posted 11/12/19

I agree with Hippie; it’s a fun event, but there is seemingly no way I am going to be able to even get half of the items and pets that I want, getting the points is so slow going especially when I’ve gotta go to work and do other things irl ToT

Edit: It feels easier to get the cursed achievements, but I’m cursed so infrequently that even that’s proving difficult. And the scaling of how many you have to heal to get an achievement seems a bit weird to me as well, it jumps from healing 10 where you get 10 points, to then having to heal 50 to get another 10?

I’d have to get all the achievements to get everything I want from this event, but I physically can’t sit and be here for every timer running out. Past events that are similar in the timer and points, I’ve been able to get everything I wanted doing the same as I am doing now, but I’m not sure I can do that with how this one works. I really like the event and items! I really want them :’)

Edit 2: Sorry I’m back with another thought, last one I swear. I had to spend 10 minutes refreshing the heal page to get a stage 2 heal. The first one I got was invalid, and if having to sit there refreshing to actually get one is how I’m going to get it done then I don’t know how I’m going to get the achievements :(

Hecate Yeah, it stumped me too that the healer achievements have such substantial gaps, especially considering the added level of difficulty with the gathering/concocting component. It seems like it should be the other way around, since cursing people is so much easier than curing them. :P

And I have yet to see anyone at stage 2 or 3. I know, obviously, other people have seen them because they’ve mentioned it here, but I’m wondering how I’m supposed to get any of the stage 2 or 3 achievements done if they’re popping up so infrequently. This may be a stretch to implement, but maybe things could be set so that people at stage 2 or 3 have an increased chance of passing on the stage 2 or 3 curse? I don’t know what the current probabilities are set at, but it definitely feels like there’s a shortage of higher stage folks to cure.

Just my two cents, but I think one problem is the way it works for the cursed and the healers. Speaking from a completely hypothetical point of view, cursed only need to, well, curse someone every 15 minutes for it to take effect. Meanwhile, healers have to gather items to make cures, but it’s not all the time that 15 minutes will give you the item you need. Like if I want to cure the Stage 1, but all the gathering is giving me is grave water, then I essentially waste 15 minutes. In the same time span of an hour, a cursed could curse 4 players, while a healer could potentially cure 0. It doesn’t feel very balanced.

And then there’s the issue with the shortage of Stage 2/3s. Sure you could stockpile grave water and glowing moss for them - I’ve encountered a few Stage 2 myself - but that’s only one person. There are many other healers out there with their own stockpile, and to get achievement points we’re all snatching for the Stage 2s that occasionally appear. The Stage 2/3s probably don’t stay Stage 2/3 long enough to get the achievement points, and it’s hard enough to get to Stage 2/3 as it is.

Unless the prize shop gets a cost overhaul or something changes in the way we earn points, as it is currently I don’t think it’s possible to afford the items. Especially since the RNG aspect of the grab bags can eat away so easily the hard earned achievement points, while the items individually are so expensive it takes several achievements to afford even one.

Posted 11/12/19

Hello everyone!

Another couple updates:

• As of now, when selecting a player to heal or curse, your selection will fail only if that player has already been healed or cursed by someone else in the interim.
  • Previously, you were only given the option to select randomly if there were more possible targets than were listed. Now, as long as there are any targets, you can use the random choice to select one. Yes, when you have exactly one target you can choose to select it randomly if you like.
Posted 11/12/19
One thing I really appreciate this event is how every time, finding salve ingredients feels useful bc the recipes are all just an additional level of complexity (i.e. only one extra ingredient). No fumbling to find something SPECIFIC to even get basic stuff, you can always do at least the base level 1 salve and it’s still useful.
Posted 11/12/19
Previously, you were only given the option to select randomly if there were more possible targets than were listed. Now, as long as there are any targets, you can use the random choice to select one. Yes, when you have exactly one target you can choose to select it randomly if you like.glitch

Plausible deniability, huh :>

Posted 11/12/19

Throwing in a suggestion with the new changes to curse stages:
I don’t know what the chances are that you can be inflicted with a higher staged curse, but as of now it seems like stage 1 is the most common, and the other two stages are more difficult to “get” when you get infected.
I would suggest changing this so that each stage has an equal chance, in order to increase the pool for players who have each stage. The reason I say this is because I was just cursed with the stage 3, and almost immediately after my safety window expired I was cured. And every time I check the page for people I can cure, I don’t have any options for stage 2 or 3. At least with stage 1 you can remain cursed for longer since there is a larger pool to choose from.

You guys mentioned you’d be monitoring/adjusting the drop rate of ingredients with the new changes too, so alternatively the drop rate for the moss and the water could just be more difficult to get, so it really is harder to cure later stage infections, rather than immediately being able to.

I know people had quite a bit of time to collect ingredients before these changes were made, and therefore there’s probably just a hoard of salves for later stages already prepared since we had no use for them for the first few days. This has probably played a role as well in making it easy for later stages to be cured. Maybe we can have an influx of later stages infected so that the ratio of salves/later stage curses are more balanced out going forward. At this point I’d rather be a stage 1 so I at least have a chance to remain infected past the safety time.

Posted 11/13/19

Ahh I finally got a higher stage curse and I‘m obsessed, the art is amazing! Verrin almost looks better with the curse than without it, I‘m kinda secretly hoping we‘ll get to keep them as items from the event afterwards >.>

Also, someone‘s gonna get to heal a stage 3 curse from me now!

Posted 11/13/19
Ooh, Venalli, your pet looks so good cursed!! I love how dark they are. 8D
Posted 11/13/19

Ilya looks a little under the weather, haha. Kinda love it tho.

Posted 11/13/19

I am SO ABOUT the third tier effect on pets. The driftshroom is one of the best items and having something that could desaturate pets this way would be amazing. Either as a consumable with a “so serious” toggle or an equip…

... please, pretty please.

Posted 11/13/19

I finally got a Stage 2 Curse, went to go see how my Ineki looked with it and it was cured faster than I could load the page lol!

Next time, Gadget! XD

Posted 11/13/19
Ooh finally got to see how Stage 3 curse looks 8D
Posted 11/13/19
i think i just got cured of stage 3 by the bone monster? didn’t realize until i was deleting the notification but last i checked i was stage 3 and i don’t think i was cured/cursed again since last i checked (only had the one notification). not positive tho
Posted 11/13/19

I just updated the change log at the bottom on the first post. We increased the rates of stage 2/3 infections last night and are continuing to monitor that!

Some of you have also noticed that we are indeed testing out a desaturation effect on pets (we’ve had this in place since the beginning of the event, but it’s only super noticeable on stage 3 pets). Your pets get more desaturated with the level of infection, so you’ll see a little bit of desaturation at stage 1, and a lot at stage 3. :D

baekhesten Boney should be keeping their claws off of stage 2/stage 3 infections. I can have glitch peek at that tonight to see if it is working as intended.

Posted 11/13/19, edited 11/13/19
Ahh, thanks Crow, he is a handsome boy anyway, but the curse adds so much too! I love seeing everybody’s pets with the later stage curses in here now, they look so different and spooky.
Posted 11/13/19

Really hyped to see stage 2’s and 3’s now!

Whats the drop rate for grave water and glowing moss btw? I’ve only gotten 3 grave waters, and no glowing moss since the start D:

Posted 11/13/19
Is it too soon to say that the changes to the mechanics of the event have been a great improvement? O:
Posted 11/13/19
Well, my ineki is at stage 3 and can only infect 1 other ineki? Is it not 3 every 15mins?
Posted 11/13/19

Boney just cured me of stage three. I’m also curious about whether we’re only able to infect 1 or 3 people at stages two/three, because I only got to infect once in each.

8 minutes ago: Griselda (Bone Monster) has cured you of the Stoneskin Curse. How kind of them!
×33 minutes ago: Somehow just being around it seems to have been enough… you succumb to the Stoneskin Curse!

Posted 11/13/19

liela-dragon-rayne1 Arintol They changed the mechanics of it when it got implemented, the only difference at this point is the difficulty to cure. It happens randomly when you get cursed, instead of taking so much time being cursed, however. The changes were mentioned in this post by glitch!

The getting cured by Boney at stage 3 shouldn’t be happening tho…

Thanks for the confirmation about Boney healing advanced stages of the infection! We’ll be able to fix that later tonight.

The information on the first post was outdated; sorry about the confusion! I updated the first post information, and Dracogryph’s link in the post above also explains the updated mechanics.

I actually really love how the confetti and curse stage 3 look on this one! I hope to see some really fun items with these effects (or curse skin effects) down the line!

Backing up that the Bone Monster is healing Stage Three curses, I had mine for a solid 4 hours before I got healed by Griselda.

Edit: Oh whoops, didn’t see the final confirmation from Myla on this aha.

I was about to confirm the same thing, but yeah xD oh well, at least it’s confirmed and being worked on! Thanks for keeping us posted and all the fixes, Staff!
Posted 11/13/19
As a note, thought I’d pop back over here to echo Inevera on curiosity about how common the two and three drops are. I don’t know how accurate my numbers are since I had a real couple clusterfudge days at the start thanks to winter weather and travel, but I’ve also only gotten three waters and one moss since the start of the event, and enough mushies to heal over 50 infected. Either way, it’s been an interesting and entertaining event so far and I do appreciate the information!
Posted 11/13/19