01:15 ST
[EVENT] The Stoneskin Outbreak (Nov 10th - Nov 24th)
I just got the same message and was like „well, that was quick“ xD
Posted 11/10/19
What happened to Purr just happened to me. the page said I had no one at any stage to cure
Posted 11/10/19
Well heck
Posted 11/10/19
xD Wat. Crisis over, I guess!
Posted 11/10/19
I seem to have lost the game. Here I was hoping to return things to a world of stone. :c
Posted 11/10/19

Omg this is hilarious!

Welp. I guess we good now.

Edit: AAAAA NEVERMIND

IT CONTINUES

Posted 11/10/19, edited 11/10/19

Good job team, we did it! The Apocalypse has been prevented ^-^

I have to say, this event has been a hoot to watch unfold so far. I am sorry for the admins and the balance issues, but I find it amusing to be cured and cured 7 times in the space of 30 minutes. I hope we can get it figured out and all have fun, thanks, staff, for all the hard work you’ve put in and are continuing to put in! <3

Posted 11/10/19

Huge thanks to the mods for working on the balancing for this event, it’s so unique and been super fun to watch unfold so far!

I feel like the infection needs some accumulative element to it, much like healers can accumulate healing items to use anytime they aren’t infected. Maybe each time you’re cursed, it adds up and increases… I don’t know, maybe a percentage chance to be a tier 2 or 3 cursed? So the stone curse gets stronger as the event goes on? People are just too quick in the healer camp for the 24/48 hour marks to really work, I feel. :O

Posted 11/10/19

Hello again! Nice job eradicating the curse!

A few more quick updates:

• After you are cursed or healed, there is a period of 15 minutes in which you cannot be targeted. This should help with feeling like a ping-pong ball, as it will give you time to perform at least one action as your new identity.
  • Foraging timeout has been changed from 13 minutes back up to 14 minutes

One big thing that will still need to change besides tuning these parameters is how long it takes for cursed people to advance to stages 2 and 3. We’ll be adjusting these over the next few days. A few people have also pointed out that the timer can become inaccurate if you change sides (because the curse timer and the heal timer are not exactly the same). I’ll work to build out a fix for that tomorrow.

A few more quick notes:

• The sudden mass-curse a few minutes ago in conjunction with the new timeout means that nobody is eligible to be healed right now. Sit tight for a bit to let the timer on all of these participants expire, and things should resume
  • While the curse was eradicated, people continued to forage and so right now there is an abundance of salves ready to heal any cursed people that appear. As a result, the near future will need to contain more frequent “random curse"s to stop it from just being immediately eradicated again
Posted 11/10/19

And so, the apocalypse begins again. Glad to see a grace period back in the game, very nice. Looking forward to the curse stage timers getting tweaked so we start actually seeing some later stage infected running around. >:3

Also appreciate the random curse/heals when one side ‘wins’ the game.

I’m just going to hit the random button every time to curse people, because I’m not that comfortable choosing.

Haven’t done a lot yet, but still having fun so far!

Posted 11/10/19

Hey, glitch I am infected, but I went to infect someone…. and there was no one to infect….

EDIT: I just read up, never mind!

So, there’s no one left to infect right now, because we’re all infected?
Okay, resolved c:

Miranda Condor no, that’s the effect of the timeout that you’re seeing: everyone who isn’t infected was healed in the last 15 minutes. Things are going to be wonky for the next while as all of you work through the glut of extra salves that you crafted while the curse was eradicated. Hopefully it calms down soon :)

less than a minute ago: Yet Extremely Painful (Ashlar) has cured you of the Stoneskin Curse. How kind of them!

Con has been betrayed by his own brother D:

(Ashlar Con is coming for you <.<; >.> :| )

Posted 11/10/19
TFW you learn of your cured/cursed status change by way of responding to an echo and your avatar looks different :D
Posted 11/10/19

The 15 min grace period is so nice. <3<3

(Arintol ~Not if Dex noms you first! >D bwehehehe~)

As an aside, I mathed it out, and to get one of everything in the shop takes 790 points.

The points cap for this event is 510. |:

I know getting the bags is cheaper, but this is really painful is someone wants the actual pets themselves and not the shrooms, or multiple of the items.

Posted 11/10/19

less than a minute ago: They came out of nowhere - Yet Extremely Painful (Ashlar) has inflicted you with the Stoneskin Curse!

*is nommed* :| Welp. I lose.

(though there’s still 14 days left <.<)

Posted 11/10/19

RE: Shop prices

My math on it are as follows:
100+110+110+190=510 achievement points/section
18*5+22*5+60*3=90+110+180=380 one of each item, all in bag form
380+210=590 one of all items w/ pets directly

36*5+44*5+130*6=180+220+780=1180 if you buy everything directly, including both poses for each pet, 43.22% of which you can pay for with every achievement

~~~~~

I prefer getting the actual pets rather than the random loot bags for them, so having that be over budget is big sads.

Posted 11/10/19
At this point, it doesn’t seem like any cursed Mynecians are going to make to stage two..
Posted 11/10/19
is there nobody left to infect or am I just glitching out?
Posted 11/10/19
Everyone who isn’t infected has recently been cured it looks like. Just need to refresh occasionally until someone shows up.
Posted 11/10/19

maybe the bone monster should periodically check for all out outbreak or eradication and heal or infect a random person(s) :u:?

“You cannot be healed until 18:23:49 ST”

It’s currently 18:54 ST? :S And there’s nobody for me to infect?

Posted 11/10/19
Having a few NPCs who don’t have a protection timer on either side would solve the problem, though I’ve no idea how hard that’d be to set up. As it stands, we could end up in a situation where everyone on the site on both sides are immune to team switching until the timers start running out on the protections. So hmm.
Yeah cause right now I’ve been waiting a few minutes to try and infect someone and there’s like no one XD but it looks like since its a new event, things are being balanced as we go and experiencing a few growing pains, so I’m sure it’ll get figured out soon :)
Posted 11/10/19
I refreshed the page, and saw one person to infected. Refreshed again, and they were gone..
Posted 11/10/19
I was waiting for the timer to forage. I immediately foraged and when I went to cure someone I got cursed..I thought I was supposed to be able to perform one action before getting cursed?
Posted 11/10/19
Give it a day or two two find and repair all the glitches that might be… that is a least what I suppose I will do… Will see how it looks tomorrow when Ive had some sleep and some rl stuff business done ^^;
Posted 11/10/19