17:12 ST
[EVENT] Bruc & Jessamyn's Sorcery Spelltacular (Oct 28th - Nov 11th)

I wound up missing out on some of the activities purely because I didn’t read through the descriptions early on (properly, anyway, just glanced at the replies and followed what everyone else was doing, which was the initial habitat vote) and assumed they were like previous forum events where we’d have one/two tasks and have until the last day to do them, and like OregonCoast said, that was 100% my own fault. XD I like how these forums events worked, I think they’re much more interesting than the usual “pick an apple and wait until the event ends” types, I just totally didn’t pay attention and missed out as a result.

I really came here to say that I LOVE these items! The background is beautiful, and many of the items work well with pets I have. The banner art is also fantastic, and I’m looking forward to seeing it and the background show up in the misc images page. The recolors from the forums events are also wonderful, and I love that they were available as opposed to just extra bags/random iitems as forum event rewards. As far as the tokens go, I didn’t get to participate much in gathering due to work but was still able to gather enough tokens to get plenty of bags in addition to a tiger bag.

Posted 11/11/18

Purr Dracogryph
Here are the other mushroom pictures! :’)

Jacq
I apologize for the scheduling confusion - I agree it’s a lot to keep track of, and will figure out a way to try and make it clearer next time we have multiple activities happening concurrently.

Posted 11/11/18
>:O Those are SO COOL Crow!!! Thanks for showing us!!!!! :D
Posted 11/11/18

This event was really lovely, the items were so well done and I always have fun with the spelling events.

Something that always trips me up is the way the event shop (in the shops menu, not the token exchange) starts and ends in the middle of the event. I never quite get as many items as I want as I always think it is open for the duration of the event. I’m not sure if I’m the only one, but I’d love maybe a 24 hour notification saying the shop closes soon? If it closed the day the event ended I wouldn’t need the reminder but since it doesn’t, I tend to miss it. Unless that exists and I somehow missed it, in which case ignore me.

The forum event prompts were very cool, even though I missed out on… pretty much all of them and the only one I did I submitted too late haha. Amazing work by everyone all around.

Posted 11/11/18

Wren We had a lot of trouble with the Halloween pop-up shop in that regard last year, and I was hoping to alleviate the confusion this year but giving it its own separate announcement but clearly that didn’t work out as well as I was hoping!

The timing weirdness is because the Halloween shop isn’t a part of the event, it’ll always show up on the 31st and stay a week like the Valentine’s Day pop-up shop. The fall event is just ~sometime in the fall~ but the two have overlapped the past few years which makes them seem linked and the shop tends to get lost in the other excitement.

Doing a notification like you mentioned bringing more attention to it would be helpful for a lot of players, so we will try to add a little something more in the way of notifying players about our temporary shops in the future. Thank you for taking the time to let us know! :D

Posted 11/11/18
Blast! Stuck at the end with a “Q” and no “U.” :P
Posted 11/11/18
Awww.. I always miss this event when it’s over D’‘’: I like getting silly wordssssss~
Posted 11/12/18

Oh nooo-
It’s over ;w;

I got 965 tokens, and I haven’t buy anything! (Except a black panther spots)
I don’t know if I should use them to buy items or mushrooms! Rip-

Posted 11/12/18
Are we supposed to have gotten the frame from Enchanting Expressions yet?
Posted 11/12/18
HippieFlip No, none of the activity prizes have been handed out yet. We’ll be sure to post in the activity thread and in the wrap-up thread when we’ve gotten those handed out! :D
Posted 11/12/18

Myla
...Oh my gosh I never realized it’s specifically open around Halloween. I always understood it as the spooky event shop that opened alongside with the event where you can get items for Nuggets instead of tokens. I am such a dingus haha I appreciate the clarification!

I just have such a poor concept of time that I always need reminders haha ;w; Maybe even giving pop-up shops their own specific color for notifications to make them stand out? Like orange or purple or something so if it’s concurrent with an event like this one, players can find it among the sea of word notifications. Not sure if that’s possible or even a good idea but it’s something I thought of earlier!

Thank you again for your clarification, and amazing work as always to everyone who worked so hard on this super fun event ^^

Posted 11/13/18