06:21 ST
[UPDATE] Clarification of Sprout Tiers and More!

Myla

Huh! Interesting to know more about how the different tiers work.

If you would like to use any of my sprouts as examples, feel free. I have a couple of different tiers, although I only have ineki… :’ )

Posted 11/14/17

Chickpea  Thank you!  I do have a general list of players I’ve asked for permission to use any of their pets for guides that I’ve collected over time, so I’ll add you to that (I didn’t add anyone who gave me permission to use a specific pet just to be safe).  It’s handy to have permission from players with pets that have a wide variety of edits or edit levels to pick from!

This list has mostly been made from players I’ve gone to because they have pets with certain edits I wanted to use in the guide, but also from players who approached me and said it was okay if I use their pets! It’s also why you only see certain player’s pets in guides. 8)

Pets to use
Staff
Insigne
Hina
mgrmgr
Feli
Kiwi
Loon
Kali
Frey
Zero
Zhar
Kaiiki
Kippie
Lord
OregonCoast
Akumura
malkav
Saeta Inoue
Dragonwing
BlackSapphire
Chickpea
Tracer
Lycan
LadyHawke
Salem
Gabriel
-Sid
Foxcat
Fie95
Avis
Cien

Posted 11/14/17, edited 11/16/17

Myla

You can also use any of mine for examples if they’re ever needed c:

Posted 11/14/17

You are free to use mine too ^^
There are already a couple of mine in the sprout tier examples, anyway :3

Posted 11/14/17
Mine too! Ouo
Posted 11/14/17

Akira Whoops! Sorry about that, Lycan! I thought I had gone through and gotten permission from everyone I hadn’t yet but I obviously missed you.. thank you for giving me permission!

OxtonLadyHawke  Thank you! Added! :D

Posted 11/14/17
If any of my pets are helpful, feel free to use them!
Posted 11/14/17
If my pets are useful, you’re free to use em in anything Myla! I’d imagine Perfume baby might be helpful at some point haha!
Posted 11/14/17

Thank you for the updates on backgrounds. I admit I wasn’t reading carefully enough to notice that Myla was being super specific to only say “full backgrounds”, so I appreciate it being pointed out more clearly ^^

Before things get flooded by pet permission, could you clarify my other question, please? Do no edit pets include ANY/ALL 0pp edits including those that drastically reduce the complexity/outline/look of the pet? (like removing kelphi fins, dras wings, etc). Based on the specificity of language used before, am I meant to understand that major 0pp options are included/implied, even though only the most minor (like closed mouths) are mentioned?

edit: I misunderstood something about the explanation, I think? I took “single tail edit” to mean “erasing extra copies of a tail” (ie - editing a pet to leave a singe tail) - but this isn’t a 0pp edit in the guide, so I think it’s meant instead to refer to erasing the kelph fin (along with tail mix n’ match?)?

Posted 11/14/17, edited 11/14/17
Jacq In September (? I think.) the 1 PP fee to erase additional copies of the cat and fox tails was removed to be a free edit. I’m guessing the guide just hasn’t been updated to reflect that yet.

Jacq Any 0 PP option (such as fin removal on the kelph or hair removal on the dras) listed in the custom pricing guide can be utilized at the no edit tier of the sprout queue.  You’d most commonly see this utilized when the parents have one of these edits (if someone puts in a geness with two kelphi with no fins, the artist is much more likely, though not obligated, to leave the fins off the baby)!  This is the case with all other tiers as well. :)

And yes, the tail thing was announced and I’m currently working on making updates to the pricing guide so that it is reflected there as well!  It used to be we manually erased the tail, but now we have one-tail templates which makes it very easy to implement.

In general, if a player is opposed to seeing certain types of edits or colors on pets, we encourage going through the custom queue.  A player can get an artistic freedom, hands off custom and say “please do not include X edits” for generally a lot less than a sprout since they aren’t paying for the flower/sprout stage and without the fear of getting that one edit they really don’t want to see!

Posted 11/14/17

Thank you once again for the clarifications (I have a custom-queue “sprout” myself and I love him). I guess my first interpretation of “single tail edit” was correct?

I think I have a hard time conceptually with a “no edit” pet also including a “edited specifically to be simplified” pet. It makes sense from the price point, but not in the way I think of when I think of an “unedited” pet. For example, the advice that

In general, if a player is opposed to seeing certain types of edits or colors on pets, we encourage going through the custom queue.Myla

Just seems at odds with calling it a “No Edit Tier”, right? If you don’t want “no edit edits”, then don’t get a “no edit” sprout?

I think it’s the same with backgrounds in terms of just being a little bit harder to intuit for my too-literal brain. (I don’t think of a background as a pet “edit” because it doesn’t alter the pet/silhouette itself, whereas I do see a simplification as an “edit” because it does alter the pet/silhouette). Since the sprouts are a bit squishier in terms of guidelines and don’t match 1:1 with edit pricing, I wonder if it might not make sense to change the naming scheme to something more along the lines of “simple” to “ultra complex”? (though I guess that’s even MORe confusing because that’s how edits are named as well. gosh.)

If I could add another suggestion to this already-kinda-obnoxious post, it might make sense to explicate the most drastic options on the guide, rather than the most minimal - or better yet, maybe the guide/sprout guide could be updated/linked so that all 0pp / “no edit” edits were bunched in once place? I found in confusing opening every spoiler in the pricing guide to try to figure out what was actually included (the discrepancies didn’t help, but I understand that’s a mistake.)

Myla
*slides in to whisper you can use my pets for examples 8w8*

Posted 11/14/17
Myla, you can use my pets as examples too!!
Posted 11/14/17

SalemGabriel-SidFoxcat  Thank you; added!

Jacq  That’s a good point with the name of the “No Edit” tier!  I’m sure we can come up with a better name that isn’t so confusing. :)  We utilize the light > ultra heavy sprout tier naming schematic so it doesn’t intersect with the pricing guide terms (simple > super complex) to avoid getting them confused with one another as you pointed out, hehe.  I’ll also be adding the extended explanations to the sprout guide, and can add in the 0 PP examples alongside that for players to reference more easily.

Myla, pinging you again to let you know I am perfectly fine with any of my pets to be used for guides if they help. :)
Posted 11/14/17
Myla feel free to use any of my sproutS, I think my Dras was a medium tier
Posted 11/14/17
Myla Maybe “Basic” or “Low” tier? *shrugs*
Posted 11/14/17

Fie95Avis Thank you! Added. :D

Foxcat  I think basic works super well!  We’ll do that.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted 11/14/17
Myla Shirvallah was a low-med edit sprout (if you take away his pet I added on later)  And I’d be totally honored if you used my pets as examples.
Posted 11/23/17, edited 11/23/17