04:31 ST
June News Discussion
June is here!

This month’s OotS coat is Sparkling Shores, along with its Coastal Capelet and Siren’s Scales. The coat was made by Meru, and the items were a collaboration between Chou and Meru. They are available for purchase in the Out of the Shadows shop through the end of this month!

New Mycenaissance

May’s Mycenaissance raffle has been drawn, and the spotlight chosen. Congratulations to our winners, and a special thanks to Celestine for providing our prompt and helping to comment on entries!

This month, we’ll be asking you to share what makes your character’s world special… and why two very curious, travel-savvy birds might be interested in paying a visit! Be sure to check out the Mycenaissance for a chance to earn yourself some nice prizes!

A Raffle Was Held

We held a raffle, which awarded several different varieties of mushrooms, from Pondshrooms to Glowing Changingshrooms! In the end, 74 players walked away with various prizes. Congratulations to all of our winners!

Such delicacies!

Summer Cometh!

As the days grow warmer and longer, Bruc is preparing to rotate his stock of seasonal mushrooms once more. Come summer’s first dawn, it will be time to put away the Lucky Rabbit, Ephemeral Light, and Flowering Fawn mushrooms. They will be replaced by our old summer favorites: Nishikigoi Paradise and Gerbera Daisy. He’ll also have a new mushroom for sale, so keep an eye out for previews as we get closer!

Coming Soon: More Guides!

After the creation of Mont’s New Player’s Handbook, we realized that there were several other aspects of the site that could benefit from some elaboration. As such, we’ve been hard at work crafting a few new guides to hopefully help players who are confused by or curious about some other aspects of Mycena Cave. They are close to completion, and should be available for your perusal soon!

Coming Soon: A New Shop

It would seem that there’s been some construction underway down at the marketplace recently. From dawn til dusk, the sound of busy chiseling can be heard from behind some very secretive tarps and barriers. The only clue as to what lies shielded from view is a sign with a strangely familiar purple Drasillis painted on it that simply reads, “Coming soon!”

Coming Soon: Flowers for Mystery!

Beginning on June 9th, we will be holding a forum mini-event! Those of you who were around last summer should recognize the images below. For those of you who are relatively new to the Cave, we hope you enjoy coloring and character creation, because this event is centered around both!

More details will be available closer to the start of the event, so rest up your colorin’ hands and your thinkin’ caps until then!

Only you can make us less boring. :(

Posted 06/01/17
Oh my… -dies over the amazingness that is this month’s color-
Posted 06/01/17
Aww, the monthly color is absolutely gorgeous!
Posted 06/01/17, edited 06/01/17

Those mermaids are just gorgeous, I already dug into my bank account and bought one. They’re too pretty to pass up!
I’m really excited to see the next summer seasonal, and the flower coloring event! June is already a stunner this year and it only just got started! :D

Posted 06/01/17

Okay but the sirens scales are the best thing ever? Like I am—I really shouldn’t be spending money atm but I couldn’t resist grabbing two immediately. I’m a teensy bit sad that though the scales are toggleable, the tail isn’t. I’ve got characters who would look awesome with just some scales, sans awesome tail.

Also, I have to say: these items were freaking MADE for the Elysium coat? -points at Rosie- She’s gorgeous and now she’s a mermaid.

I love this coat though, I’m looking forward to grabbing it later in the month, and I love the toggleabikity of the capelet! And just,omg. The fins are so fluttery, I’m in love. And I think I’m getting my mer custom this month which I think is a hilarious coincidence xD

Posted 06/01/17
Ohh! I am so excited for the new shop! And the event! I loved the coloring flowers event, I hope there will be lots of stuff to color! *v*
Posted 06/01/17, edited 06/01/17
Chicken I noticed that about the Elysium too! I was planning to geness my Sparkling Shores with my Elysium actually, they complement each other so well :D
Posted 06/01/17
Auswren oOo That’s an amazing and I am probs gonna copy it xD I’ve got Rosie decked out with the items and I’m just like YEAH mer!Rosie. It really fits in with my UNREASONABLE HOARD OF KELPH.
Posted 06/01/17
I’m looking forwards to the mini-event! Perfectly timed to keep me busy when I get back from my vacation :D
Posted 06/01/17
/ chants new shop new shop new shop~
Posted 06/01/17
Well there goes all my savings.
Posted 06/01/17

Whoa, siren’s scales and coastal caplet both look pretty good on sugarsweet too! Darnit, I have no gems! Time to hit up spellstones.

Posted 06/02/17
Tama’s curious on how hard it would be to add a link to definitions to the words in Spellstones? Sometimes, I try a word I don’t know and it’s actually a word. Like today, I tried flume, haha. And then I leave my game to find the definition. Just wondering if it’d be hard be to implement something like that to the game?
Posted 06/03/17

Just want to say, the Siren’s Scales match my Essence of Love really well! :D And it matches the theme I’ve already got going for her, too!

Posted 06/04/17

*brilliant idea*

BGs for the NPCs. Like a bank office behind the bank lady (I think she has a name but I don’t remember). A store with clothes behind Sullie, etctc. Jessamyn has a bg! Why can’t the rest of them! I just think it’d add a bit of a personal touch to the NPCs and then maybe you guys could sell the BGs in Lands Within. oUo I know you guys are busy enough as is, just a though tho.~

*toddles off*

Posted 06/05/17
/ peers at new blessing items
Posted 06/21/17
New item update!

The Blessings items are now for sale in Fungimental Magic

AND… a beautiful new background by King in Lands Within

Enjoy!! <3

Posted 06/26/17, edited 06/26/17
Secret Sanctuary detail shot maybe? Pretty please?? :D It’s GORGEOUS from what I can see ;v; I wanna soak in all the beauty…
Posted 06/27/17

Gabriel  Definitely!!

Posted 06/27/17
Thanks Myla! Wow, that is simply glorious :D!!
Posted 06/27/17
Wow! What a nice Background :D
Posted 06/27/17