10:44 ST
[Cave Challenge] The Infinite Cavern (solved!)

Too many parts… Lol
But…! Atleast now my mind can have peace knowing the answer… Until next time >.<

Posted 04/10/15
Full Solution

When connected as a Mobius Strip, there is one unique solution through the maze to get from the star back to the star:

The letters traversed in this path spell out the “secret labyrinth wisdom”: CUTALONGSTRIPONETHIRDFROMEDGE. Adding spaces, we get cut along strip one third from edge. Note that a Mobius Strip has exactly one edge, so while this sounds ambiguous at first it is not. The maze is nine squares wide, so start cutting along the strip three squares in, and continue all the way around.

Once you’ve performed this cut, you in fact have two interlocking strips. One of them has a single twist and thus is a Mobius Strip itself, and the other has two twists in it. This means that the procedure has resulted in three “sides” being produced. Now, starting with the side with the star on it (and in the case of all sides, beginning at the level that the star was) we read down the strips from top to bottom using only the letters that we did not use on our path through the maze. We get:

ALIZAHELPEDFINDAPRECIOUS
OBJECTMADEOFTHIS
ROCKYMATERIAL

Or, with spaces added: Aliza helped find a precious object made of this rocky material.

If you participated in the Halloween event, you may recall Aliza as being the main character in the event searching for the Lost Necklace. That said, even if you did remember that, I don’t think it was ever specified what the necklace was made of (I could be wrong, but in any case I certainly don’t remember it being mentioned). Do a search for “Aliza” and you find exactly one result: Aliza Montaigne on the Bone Monster‘s profile.

If you read through her profile (with emphasis added):
Detective Aliza Montaigne loved her job, and getting paid for something she loved doing was an added bonus, but being called out on Halloween by someone who sounded rather demanding irked her. Halloween was a special night, and she had intended to take a walk along the Lost statues in the central plaza and perhaps get a cup of hot chocolate from the stand nearby. Apparently that wasn’t happening tonight; the caller had, with a frantic tone in his voice, said he’d lost a marble necklace, and it was essential that she find it tonight. He was at a party in a mansion on the outskirts of the main settlement, and he’d asked if she could please come right away.

Thus, the word to send to the Bone Monster was marble.

Posted 04/10/15
it’s also an equippable item that happens to go perfectly with one of my characters o3o
Posted 04/10/15

Darn, even without printing it out I at least was getting the words sort of.  >_>;;

Oh well

Posted 04/10/15
ahhh I got about 2/3rds of the way there. This was a fun little one., reminded me of arts and crafts as a kid! :D
Posted 04/10/15
Darn it why do these always get posted when I have school ;-;
Posted 04/10/15

Congrats winners!! :D

I still don’t understand the cutting part even after it was explained lol

Posted 04/10/15
I knew it!  I knew there was some back and forth movement due to the curve of the paper that I wasn’t picking up on because I was just looking at the screen!  :p
Posted 04/10/15