12:19 ST
February News Discussion

*.*  please tell me we don’t have to form/find our own groups for this upcoming event!  I was so excited for the event, but I’ll join the others with the high-school group anxieties.  I was never fond of group events in school, but I’m trying to remain open minded about it so I can see what this event might be like on here. 

Great, now I sound anti social .-. 

Posted 02/01/16

First and foremost, I’m very pleased to hear so many voices echo that you’re willing to give the event a chance despite being nervous about the group aspect :)

Then, I’d like to address a couple of points that may help soothe your worries:

• Your reward is based on your individual effort, and your effort alone. Similarly, your effort will not influence anyone else’s reward.
  • You choose how much effort you would like to put in, and you are not in any way required to do more than you feel like doing.
  • Additionally, the Winter Holiday Fun Book is designed to be a fairly low-key event, with relatively painless requirements to be able to obtain all of the unique prizes.
  • Group sizes start at a minimum of two, and can be as big as you would like them to be.
  • If you do not know anyone to form a group with, you can sign up alone and a group can either adopt you, indicate they are open to solo participants being assigned to their group, or will be grouped together by staff. This process will be based on pre-indicated group size and estimated effort (i.e. half an hour a day, an hour a day, et cetera) preferences.
  • You can be in as many groups as you want, and you can join groups at any time throughout the event if your initial group(s) happen(s) to become inactive.

For an example of the kind of ‘group’ work you’d be doing, think of the Tall Tales Monster page (-cough-personal favourite-snort-) from last year. You contribute individually, but entries have the potential to really come together when put together.

A lot of thought has been put into the set-up and I fully believe few will be disappointed when the complete instructions become available!

Posted 02/01/16, edited 02/01/16
Juney Thanks much for all the clarification there, it does help and is good to know the details! We’ll see what this event is like. It should be interesting no matter what! :)
Posted 02/01/16

Sorry if this has already been asked, but can we chose the members of our group? I struggle working with people I don’t know uou.

Edit: nevermind, just saw Juney’s post. Sorry, I’m not right atm haha.

Posted 02/01/16, edited 02/01/16

Thank you Juney for the clarification. I was also concerned about the event being in groups, but this information sets my mind at ease. I am excited to see what activities we’ll be doing this time around as I fully enjoyed last years.

My one question would be if each group will have their own thread inside the event forum for easy communication. I do not frequent chat and I know some users do not like echoing others. Sorry in advance if this is going to be addressed when more information about the event comes around. ;;

Posted 02/01/16

Juney

Thankyou so much, Juney, for replying and addressing some of our concerns ^^ I don’t feel worried about the event at all now, and actually want to actively participate.

This part made me chuckle.

“If you do not know anyone to form a group with, you can sign up alone and a group can either adopt you, indicate they are open to solo participants being assigned to their group, or will be grouped together by staff.”

Seeing as i know practically noone on this site, and this is my first time being here for this event… i guess that means i am now up for adoption LOL

-holds up a sign- Adopt me guys ;w;

PS: I loved the event that you linked… it looked like you guys had a lot of fun, and gives me the impression that this will be more of a collaboration kind of thing where people can bounce ideas off of each other, rather than just people being grouped together and called a group.

Posted 02/01/16
Since there is no maximum… What if I just adopt everyone on the site to be in my group ;D
Posted 02/01/16

Avis That’s exactly what we recommend your group creates for itself — if your group opts for echoes instead, that’s also fine, but there will be a space for group communication on the forum :)

Akira It’s perfectly allowed to create a group willing to accept infinite members ;) I do warn you it’ll get rather unwieldy though, ha.

Posted 02/02/16
Okay, this helps out a lot. Thank you Juney. :)
Posted 02/02/16
I suppose this means I’m up for adoption as well *joins others in the adoption corner* I had a blast with last year’s Winter Fun Book and you guys have done really well setting up events in the past so I’ll save my harsh and unrelenting criticism for later, if it comes to that ;)
Posted 02/02/16

I’m guess I’m another one looking for adoption, then! ;‘D

Seriously, though. I am really excited for this one, especially after looking at the link to last years event. ‘Fun activity pages’ still seems quite mysterious, but I am looking forward to collaborating with others to make something awesome.

Oh, and I need all the gaze items.

Posted 02/02/16

I love the February coat. 

I am just like a lot of others about the activities.  My internet lately is iffy at best for this site.  I am trying to work with my provider but it is satellite so it doesn’t leave me much room to try forcing help.  I am afraid I will either have to skip the fun or be in an event long panic about letting my team down when the error message shows up on the computer yet again.

I know it wouldn’t take away from someone else prizes but nobody likes to be the one not pulling their weight.

Posted 02/03/16, edited 02/03/16

O _ O

*VIBRATES*

Posted 02/11/16, edited 02/11/16

All these new items!
And just when I started saving for once :‘D

Posted 02/11/16

-bounces for Valentines day-

I was in the puddle and I found the perfect new look for my attention hog.

I’m also super excited for Sullie’s new stock.

Posted 02/13/16
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa i love the rose petals and the eyes
Posted 02/13/16

those cherub wings!! those petals!
ooohh man oh man valentine’s day is honestly one of my favourite holidays because of things like pretty flowers and soft feathers and also im a bit of a hopeless romantic im SO excited

Posted 02/13/16
They’re all so cute, I want all of them! But especially those cherub wings, they’re adorable!!
Posted 02/13/16
A couple of quick updates!
  • As some of you have already noticed, Sullie is now stocking some delightfully fancy canes, top hats, and monocles. :D Prices for these items have now been set, so have at it!
  • We also have two brand new encyclopedia articles for you to enjoy. They cover the topics of magic and the great big Cave we all live in. Enjoy!

The perfect accessory for that big brain of yours!

Posted 02/16/16

...man, I was wondering how long those had been there. I thought maybe I was just slow.

Edit: Add if anyone wants a Black with Purple Top Hat or Black with Red Top Hat, I’ll sell it to you for 6000 nuggets. I need one but not both. D: My fault for getting too excited! Gone! Thanks for rectifying my impulse clicking, Yoshi!

Posted 02/16/16, edited 02/16/16

oooooooooooo the new lore is awesome

i love that the different coats came from different regions in the outside world before, thats a such a cool little detail!

and i like the bit about mycenians peeking out of the cave when the bone monster is weakened, i wonder if this means we will get to take a look ourselves in the future

Posted 02/16/16

[@Kinny]
I’ll take the hat if you still have it. o:

Posted 02/16/16