03:05 ST
Updated Terms of Use

Hi everyone,

This announcement is to notify you that our Terms of Use have been updated. There are two changes:

1. Refund Policy

The old wording:

[...]Any and all payments made to Mycena Cave for services or goods (virtual or physical) are final and non-refundable to the extend permissible by law. [...] In purchasing from Mycena Cave, you realize that you do not claim any legal ownership to the goods, and that the purchase is non-refundable. Mycena Cave does not provide any refunds for any reason, including but not limited to revoking access to the site or seizing content.[...]Old Terms

This has been changed to:

[...]Any and all payments made to Mycena Cave for services or goods (virtual or physical) are final. [...] In purchasing from Mycena Cave, you realize that you do not claim any legal ownership to the goods. Mycena Cave purchases are subject to our refund policy. Outside of this policy, Mycena Cave does not provide any refunds for any reason, including but not limited to revoking access to the site or seizing content.[...]New Terms

To summarize: we are instituting a refund policy. You can see the policy in full here (and I encourage you to do so, as it’s very short), but the super-cliff-notes version is that a purchase may be eligible for a refund if it was made within 48 hours of your request and you have not interacted with the purchase in any way.

2. Location of Business

The old wording:

This agreement is governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Texas. You agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in the State of Texas.Old Terms

This has been changed to:

This agreement is governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Wyoming. You agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in the State of Wyoming.New Terms

To summarize: from a legal standpoint, Mycena Cave is now registered in Wyoming. This makes zero substantive difference to players since Texas and Wyoming have similar laws designating which forms of digital goods must be taxed, and no digital goods sold by Mycena Cave are designated as taxable in either state. Our decision to move the business is due to necessary legal procedures being simpler and less costly in Wyoming than in Texas.

Posted 10/20/15
We’re moving to Wyoming ! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ I’m so excited!!1
Posted 10/20/15
to Buffalo, Wyoming..  how fitting. @u@ *pulls on glitch‘s sleeve*  Roadtrip!?
Posted 10/20/15
I can neither confirm nor deny whether the opportunity to be registered in the city of Buffalo played any role in this decision 8|
Posted 10/20/15, edited 10/20/15
(That’s a yes, in glitch-speak.)
Posted 10/20/15

Time to become Shroom farmers!! Maybe we can begin raising a herd of beef shrooms!
Mooooooooo-shhhh

Posted 10/20/15

snrk

....moo-shrooms.

Posted 10/20/15

Wooo hooo refunds! I mean, that’s a pretty good policy even if I probably won’t use it.

(tbh that “extend” typo’s been bugging me for months. I’m glad to see it gone.)

Posted 10/21/15, edited 10/21/15

It’s nice to see the refund option. I suspect it won’t happen often for me, but I can think of a few instances where it could come in handy :D

Off to Wyoming. Because We-Roaming.

Posted 10/21/15

glitch

sllllllightly related to this, i’ve been wondering, are we allowed to sell art for USD/other forms of currency here on mycena? i know a few sites i’ve been on allow this but i can’t remember if mycena is one of them + can’t find anything about it in the rules.

Posted 10/21/15

baekhesten, I believe you are allowed to advertise selling your art for RL currency, as long as you finish the arrangement and money transaction off-site. Or so I was told when I tried to buy art for USD. c:

But it might be good to hear from glitch just to make sure!

baekhesten Gabriel:

That is correct: our rules forbid selling Mycena Cave instruments for IRL currency. But of course nothing stops you from selling non-Mycena Cave instruments for any terms you wish and talking about it here. For example, you’re more than welcome to set up a DA account, sell your work there, and link to it from here. Similarly, we have several threads by people linking to their Etsy shops (e.g. this one).

glitch

mmkay, thank you! :D

Posted 10/21/15
I like all of these updates! O: aww mymy you’re too adorable - you little bottle of joy. But wyoming! Whee! That’s a pretty chill move~
Posted 10/21/15

i’m… i’m from texas. are we that bad? D:

but seriously, awesome! go Wyoming!

Posted 10/21/15
Wait… Does this mean the server will still be in Central time or are we switching time zones? I have enough trouble keeping track of Central time, but Mountain time would take a while to get used to as well. >.<
Posted 10/21/15
raus: Server Time will remain the same! 
Posted 10/21/15
Myla Okie doke! Cool!
Posted 10/21/15
Very cool B)
Posted 10/23/15
*packs bags for the move* Off to… a state I’ve never really been to before! :‘3
Posted 10/24/15