00:01 ST
April News Discussion
Welcome to April!

I know we all had you deeply fooled, but I guess it’s time we come out with the truth:  we were not acquired by Long John Silver’s and thus, all of the changes that occurred yesterday were a part of an elaborate April Fool’s joke.  Everything should be back to normal—well, as normal as things get around here! ;)  Some of you are clamoring for our Hugtopus to come back and, let me assure you, yesterday was not the last time you’ll be seeing that little one.

With April comes a new Out of the Shadows by Morgan:

If you like it, be sure to pick one up from the Out of the Shadows shop before May!

We also had the release of our Spring Seasonal by Eluii:

These can be found in Fungimental Magic and will be in the shop until June 20th 23:59 ST.

We had quite a few things happen in the last month:

Choose Your Own Adventure!

CYOA has reached its conclusion, and points were awarded.  The CYOA shop will close today at 23:59 ST (Server Time), so please be sure to spend your points, and get the Lily of the Valley coat color while you still can!

The raffle will be drawn at midnight as well.  We’ll be drawing it in a designated room in the live chat and then posting the results on the forums.  Feel free to stop in and see the drawing — silence is required in the drawing room, so there is no pressure to make conversion (if you’re shy)!

If you’re in the raffle and have both single and multiple user karasses, please try to be there to specify which karass you’d like.  This way we know if we can draw more names out if you’re choosing the single-user karass.  Alternatively, you can just echo me the karass you’d like for your breeding if you win! <3

Who’s That Custom?!

The Bone Monster sure is active this time of year!  The Bone Monster wants you to help match some silhouettes to their respective customs.  It may be a slightly odd request from our ferocious guardian, but if you haven’t helped him out yet, you should head over here sometime before the end of April 4th and submit a form!  There are bribes prizes for correct answers!

Chat revamp!

At the beginning of the month, glitch did a revamp of chat.  Here are some of the updates he pushed:

• the user list is sorted alphabetically (while keeping status like owner / mod / etc separated)
  • the ability for admins and site mods to broadcast a message to all chat rooms simultaneously was added
  • leaving chat now actually works properly, so fewer belated “has gone missing…” messages
  • if you re-order your chat room tabs, the server remembers the new order
  • if you’re invited to a chat room and you are currently in chat, you are notified of this invitation
  • a bug that would very occasionally disconnect a bunch of people in a room at once has been fixed

It’s also undergone a bit of a restructure to make it possible to add private messaging in the near future.

Lands Within!

The release of a new shop, Lands Within occured this month!  This shop contains forum avatar backgrounds, but will someday contain both forum avatar and pet backgrounds.  We’ll also get a permanent shop keeper — we’re holding off for now because we have another shop update in the future that will require some shop rearrangement. :)

Game Updates!

Early in the month, we took Spellstones out of playtesting.  Based on our data, this is what we decided:

1. For each game, your nugget-reward is equal to your total score, but unlike our other games, is capped at the daily limit
  2. Spellstones has a new rule: a game cannot be ended within five minutes of its starting
  3. All games: after you reach the daily cap, you can still record new highscores

Also, we put the pity nugget back in Cave-In.

We have an elusive state error that will crop up occasionally in games.  Glitch will be working on solving that issue this month.

More BBCode updates!

glitch made our BBCode even shinier with floating elements and spoiler tags.  To see the full post, head over here!

CC Shop!

We hit our Custom Credit limit this month; this means that users cannot buy Custom Credit until some of the CC gets used up on customs.  Once the CC is falls below 80% capacity, we’ll be opening the shop up again.  It’s well on its way to 80%, so you’ll very likely be seeing the shop open once again in April!

Also, keep in mind that you do not need Custom Credit in order to buy a custom.  Customs can be purchased with dollars (credit card/paypal), CC, or a mix of both.

Driftshroom Effects!

We held a vote to determine whether we should apply driftshroom effects to pondshroom effects.  You unanimously decided that driftshrooms should indeed affect pondshroom effects, so now your forum avatars should have driftshroomied pondshroomed eyes (this only applies if your pet is pondshroomed and driftshroomed, of course)!  Wow — if that doesn’t confuse someone out there, I would be surprised. :P

Upcoming stuff
Spring Event

Gosh, we’re excited by this!  Our second spring event is coming up QUICK, and we will start the event on April 6th!  It’ll likely be sometime on the evening Sever Time on the 6th since glitch and I will be busy during the day, but we’ll let you know more specifically this weekend.  We’re buzzing behind the scenes getting everything ready to go.  It’s definitely been a team effort, so a huge thanks goes to the staff! <3

Breeding Update!

Sometime in the month of April, we’ll be doing some updating on breeding and offspring.  This has been in the works for a while, and will include some Sacred Tree term updates, some offspring to parent connection updates, and more.  Stay tuned!

Posted 04/02/15, edited 04/02/15

Oh man, a new event so quickly! I can’t wait until the sixth and to see what sort of event it’s going to be. Not too far away now!

We’ll see if I can manage to stay up that late for the breeding drawing, too. It’s probably a good thing I only have one karass, though, so it’ll be obvious which one I’m drawing for xD Because of that I’m not sure I will need to be around hehehe

Posted 04/02/15
-Cries- So many events on petsites and not enough time! D:
Posted 04/02/15
We’ll see if I can manage to stay up that late for the breeding drawing, too. It’s probably a good thing I only have one karass, though, so it’ll be obvious which one I’m drawing for xD Because of that I’m not sure I will need to be around heheheMetalhawk

You don’t need to be around, in that case!  You also don’t need to be around or message me if you have just one type of karass (all multi-user karasses or all single-user karasses).  OuO

Posted 04/02/15

Oh man, another event so soon! That’s so exciting. Part of me wants to stay up for the drawing tonight, and part of me wants to sleep be surprised tomorrow.

Will there be any advance notice of the CC shop reopening?

I just have to say, the level and quality of communication from you guys here has been a breath of fresh air. MC is fast becoming my favorite site in no small part because of it. Thank you for all you do!

Posted 04/02/15

eee spring event

I can’t wait!

Posted 04/02/15

I’m really looking forward to my first event on here! *vibrates excitedly* Super curious what it’ll be….

and most definitely gonna watch out for those breeding changes. I know I’m not gonna be able to breed like, ever, but maybe it’ll be cool to see!

Posted 04/02/15

Oooooh pretty changes

I can’t wait for the spring event :D let us eat the golden nuggets

Posted 04/02/15

//eXCITEMENT

This new event looks fuN!!!

Posted 04/02/15

Another event so soon? Awesome! @w@
I can’t wait to see what it will be like! <3

Posted 04/02/15
OH GOD YES. THE SPRING EVENT. (Do you guys remember the LAST one? >U> ) NO MORE SLEEP FOR THE SHIZUDRAGON YET AGAIN!!
Posted 04/02/15
ooh shiny! can’t wait to see what you guys have planned for us now. :D
Posted 04/02/15
Shizu, Shizu, no. *slips sleeping pills into your drink* YOU WILL SLEEP, OR SO HELP ME. D:<
Posted 04/02/15

pleasedon’tstretchintofinalspleasedon’tstretchintofinalspleasedon’tstretchintofinals

@ww@???

-tilts head at breeding updates- Hmmmmm

oh lol the pity nugget! I just thought I was doing very well at cave in to never finish a game without a nugget. x3

Thanks for all your hard work guys, and can’t wait for the next event!

Posted 04/02/15

Yayayay, another event soon!

And I’m excited for the raffle drawing tonight. 8D There’s a good chance of winning something so I’m excited.

Posted 04/02/15
Will there be any advance notice of the CC shop reopening?MmeLibertine

It opens as soon as the amount of CC hits 80%, which means we can’t give advance notice because we don’t get advance notice of when people use their CC. We’re down to 85% though so…. soon? :) I’ll post in this thread when I notice it being open again though!

So excited for another spring event! And so soon! I wish I could stay up for the raffle but I just agreed to a 3AM shift in the morning so I need to get to sleep… well, right now would probably be smart ^^;
Posted 04/02/15
Glitch, thank you! I’m so excited. :DDD
Posted 04/02/15

Driftshroom Effects Vote?
I.., completely did not see that thread. I must have been pretty busy to miss it, because I tend to notice most things around here. I did see that they were connected to pondshrooms now from avatar observation, but ah. That makes more sense. Pretty cool.

And I’m with Ishy and Sapphy. I’m hoping that the event is for two weeks exactly, meaning it will end a week before my finals start >>;
I’m notorious for skipping out on sleep during these type of events.
You’ll probably see more activity from me in the chat room too, obsessing over my numbers OTL

Posted 04/02/15

Oooohhhh I’m so excited for the spring event, especially if it’s gonna be like last years~
-lurks around for new items and colorations!-

Also, I’m very intrigued by the breeding changes? c:

Posted 04/02/15

aaah can’t wait for the spring event :DDD and the raffle drawing tonight *AAA* [fingers crossed]
although I’m hoping the spring event isn’t TOO intensive/time-consuming, since april is shaping up to be incredibly busy >->;;

I, too, missed the driftshoomy vote but I like the results so :>

Posted 04/02/15
I am heavily regretting trading my gems away @n@ The new monthly and seasonly pets are so cute oh nooooo
Posted 04/02/15
I’m so excited!! This is gonna be my first (full) event, and I can’t wait to see what happens. I’m really digging that Blue Morpho Butterfly design, too. T-T I might have to cave and invest in some gems; there’s no way I can make that much in Cave In. I may have to get my butt in gear and feel out the rp forum.
Posted 04/02/15
Easily one of my favorite monthy’s. It’s gorgeous! I don’t have a character idea, but I needed one, so I got one. This is also the first time I’ve purchased both monthly items. Last month I purchased one for the first time. The seasonal is also super cute!! Gonna save up for it :) Very excited to see what event you have in store!
Posted 04/03/15

This looks really cool, I’m super excited that I get to start my first event for this site, I’m also hoping to get some money for the monthly/spring pets, they just look so lovely.

Posted 04/04/15
The Magic Puddle has been fixed!

Oops octopi-heads broke things unintentionally…...... >> Sillyheads.

Posted 04/05/15, edited 04/05/15

THANK YOU. <3

*runs off to dress up Amaranta*

Posted 04/05/15
Small Shop Update!

A couple new goodies have been added to the shops!

Teeny Tent Bat and Hugtopus are for sale in Leetle Companions.  These two were made by King!
Lucky Clover is for sale in Sullie’s Closet and was made by Tamako!

I see you’ve already noticed, but event items and coat colors are also uploaded!  You can spy on them in the Magic Puddle or Items Listing. I see that Akira has made a nice display of them here as well. :)

Posted 04/05/15

o 3 o
-buys octopi-

Edit:
Ugh so cute ; x ;

Posted 04/05/15, edited 04/05/15