19:11 ST
Rules update

Hi everyone!

Some time ago we had a [discussion](https://www.mycenacave.com/forums/viewthread/1/1732) on how to update our site rules, and it was super helpful. After reading through everything that people wrote and spending a lot of time considering the options, we have come up with the final set! Please head to the [rules page](/home/rules) to see them.

—-

The primary point that was still up in the air was on the sharing of passwords, or “is it OK to give someone else my account password”. As of today, it is **no longer permitted** to share your password unless your account is shared (basically: *nobody is allowed to know the password to more than one Mycena Cave account*). However, we understand that at times it can be useful to have a friend access your account, and so we have a new feature: **Guest Keys** on your [Account Settings](/settings/account) page.

Giving someone a Guest Key to your account grants them *complete access* to your account, so don’t do this lightly. It’s almost exactly like sharing your password, except that when logged in through a Guest Key you cannot access games, raffles or events (or, of course, the page where you generate Guest Keys). Also, when you revoke a key or it expires, anyone logged in using it is automatically logged out.

So in summary, if you want to give someone access to your account, generate a Guest Key (with an optional expiration date) and it will show up in your Guest Keys table; right click the link, copy the URL and give the person this URL, and they will be able to use it access your account. If another member of Mycena Cave currently knows your password, please change it.

Posted 09/12/14, edited 09/12/14
what a cool feature! I’ve never heard of such a thing before.
Posted 09/12/14

Me five minutes ago: Ooooh a new feature, neat! *Instantly locks self into guest mode*

I’m useless. XD

Posted 09/12/14
Definitely the first time I’ve seen a feature like this. ^_^ While I can’t say I’ll be using it myself, I’d bet some other members would find it useful.
Posted 09/12/14
Oooh. This is neat. I shouldn’t ever have to use this - I’m not sure why I would. But still, it’s good to know that it’s there.
Posted 09/12/14
Woah, that is definitely something new! I’m excited to give it a whirl!
Posted 09/13/14
Guest Keys sound like a good idea. I have no intention of using them personally, but it seems like common sense to not give someone else your account password even if you’re for whatever reason going to be absent and need someone to look after your stuff.
Posted 09/13/14
I kinda want to try it just because it sounds cool. xD
Posted 09/13/14
Very neat! I’m sure this will be useful to many people!
Posted 09/13/14
This sounds amazing! :D Probably the most unique feature I’ve ever heard of on a site… I’ve never shared my account password before, but this actually makes it sort of tempting to do so, just because of how official and fancy it is! :3 Also, I’m very glad a way to balance out the different opinions on the matter was found!
Posted 09/13/14, edited 09/13/14