08:39 ST
May News Discussion
May is in bloom!

Our newest OotS coat this month is Queen Bee, along with their Queen Bee Cape and Busy Bee! This month’s coat and items were made by Acydosis. You can purchase this set from the Out of the Shadows shop through the end of the month!

Activity Updates

Mycena Rave

Some raucous ravens took over the Cave briefly in April, leaving behind some avian adornments and fun, glowy accessories for any Mycenian who joined in on their partying! Thankfully, the flock seems to have moved on, and the Cave has once more settled into its usual rhythm.

(Though we’re sure the clean-up was not fun for all of the poor townsfolk…)

SHH, this is a Library Event

Woah! It looks like we’ve all found ourselves trapped in a magical library - and it’s a right mess! It’s a good thing all of Mycena Cave’s denizens are nerds love to spell and throw fun words at each other! The Once Upon a Magical Library event is now running through 12:00 noon ST on May 14th!

Speaking of libraries, wasn’t there a movie or something kind of like this back in the early 90s? Hmmm….

Forum Activities

In addition to our usual wordbuilding event shenanigans, there are a handful of forum activities currently running! You can earn some fun prizes and whittle down the time between dings by participating!

ᴅᴀʀᴋᴍᴏᴅᴇ ʙᴏᴏᴋᴡʏʀᴍ ᴅᴇᴍᴀɴᴅs ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴀʀᴛɪᴄɪᴘᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

Dictionary Checker

We now have a handy dandy Dictionary Checker where you can see if that word you’re thinking of is a part of Mycena Cave’s vocabularhy! This dictionary is used for all of our wordbuilding events, as well as for Spellstones.

Behind the Veil
  • glitch and Myla: glitch made some item uploading interface updates for the artists, and set up and launched the event with some additional changes based on feedback (dictionary checker, optional letter overlays on the tiles, notifications now include pet names, and a few other small changes) and Myla worked on the art for the event!
  • The coordinator team put together the Spring Event and activities, and will now move on to planning for Summer’s events and activities!
  • The art team put a lot of work into making the prizes and assets for the Spring Event, and have been working on queue orders!
Posted 05/01/23
I love the monthly and the items. I hope I can get them.
Posted 05/02/23
Popping in here to quickly let everyone know I’m/we’re updating our Pride items, and currently taking flag suggestions! (we may not implement any/all suggestions, but I very much welcome everyone’s thoughts!)
Posted 05/27/23