06:36 ST
[FORUM ACTIVITY] Shake Your Tailfeathers

“Y’all wanna see my goods?” Cajun asked, her gaze sliding over the massive raven. She rolled the dried piece of grass between her lips, brows knitting in thought. “If y’all say so….”

The dog ineki reached back into her parcel and snatched one of the sticks of dynamite she carried with her on journeys into the Cave. (After all, one never knew when they might run across a cave-in or something dangerous). When she pulled it out, the stick of dynamite looked deceptively like a red chili pepper. Cajun had gone through the trouble of crafting it so, right down to the fuse being dyed to look like a green stem. Cajun gave a toothy grin, twirling the explosive in her paw.

Pulling a match from the pocket of her jorts, Cajun struck it against the wall of the cavern to light it. A look of confusion flashed across the massive raven’s face, just beginning to comprehend that something about the situation wasn’t quite right. Hiiiiiiiiisssssss. The dynamite’s fuse began to flicker and fizz as Cajun held the match up to it.

“Wait, no, no, no! By the goods we meant a da-!” the bouncer shouted, a look of dawning horror spreading across their (and many of the surrounding raven’s) face.

“YEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!” Cajun shouted at the top of her lungs, her toothy grin turning maniacal. She chucked the piece of dynamite deeper into the cavern, far from the line of party-goers. It arced through the air, a trail of sparks flying in its wake. If nothing else, no one could fault Cajun’s throwing arm. The stick of dynamite landed far enough away that it (hopefully) wouldn’t pose any real danger.

BOOM! The piece of dynamite exploded just as it hit the ground, filling the cavern with a blinding flash of light and smoke. Cajun began to laugh with glee. “THE GOODS!” she screeched. “Don’t y’all worry! That there was one of my small charges, just meant to smoke out the baddies! It ain’t gonna cause any real damage!”

The loud sound of coughing ravens around her told otherwise.

Posted 04/09/23, edited 04/09/23
Posted 04/09/23

Bo didn’t think he could sigh any harder than he did.  His lungs would blow out.  He’d drop dead right then and there if he sighed any harder.  This wasn’t what he was here for.  He was supposed to be adventuring or whatever.  Not… getting into a bird party.  Still, he peers over his shoulder at the long line of ravens behind him.  Must be some party, for so many folks to try to get in.  Besides, Fred would absolutely losing his mind when he told him.  What did he have to lose?  A little self-respect?  Whatever.

“Alright,” Bo puffs.  He steps back, ready to do his little dance, when he realizes he actually doesn’t know how to dance.  He’s danced casually, of course.  He likes music as much as the next guy.  He tries to focus on the music from inside, but all he can get is bass rattling his bones.  How could birds stand it!  Didn’t they have brittle bones!  Maybe… they dance with the music?  Maybe that stops their bones from vibrating out of themselves?  Bo has no idea how that would work but he at least has half an idea now.

He begins to wave his arms in small circles, extended horizontally on both sides.  At the same time, he bobs up and down like a bird in flight, doing his best to keep his head level as he does so.  For good measure, he begins to turn in circles as he performs this strange display, but he quickly grows dizzy.  Bringing himself to a stop, he faces the bouncer.  “Did I do it?”

Posted 04/09/23

Nata grins, reaching a paw up to provide a platform for the little sand fox to hop off her head and down onto the ground. “Got it. Cricket, let’s show ‘em what we got.” The little sand fox happily takes a playful stance, and the pair set off into a little dance routine for the bouncer. Nata spins, bobs, and gently weaves herself to create platforms for the little fox to jump up and around her person, a well-choreographed sequence of movements that ends with Nata doing a bow with the fox, Cricket, sitting on the back of her head imitating her with its own bow. When Nata picks her head back up to grin at the raven, the lil sand fox steps gracefully back up onto its perch on her head, balancing itself gracefully as she makes her way into the club.

“Oh I’m a great dancer! Okay stand back lil’ dudes, lemme show you the fly-est, fanciest dance moves you have ever seen!” Max chirped. He was already making little “shoo” motions with his paws to encourage others to stand back a little. His boyfriend gave an encouraging thumbs up from the corner, eagerly taking his jacket as Max pulled it off to improve his range of motion.

Max made a big show of stretching his arms over his head, reaching from side to side, twisting his torso, stretching his hamstrings, and cracking as many joints as he could manage. The eyes of the other Mycenians on the line, who usually only really paid attention to the dances ahead of them if it was a friend, were turned toward him with a growing curiosity at his bravado.

“Okay, you guys ready?” Max called, unable to keep the smile out of his voice. “Here we go!”

He held his arms out in front of him, curling his fists, and began bouncing gently in place. He began looking to either side of him, up high and then lower. He reached a paw out, pantomimed grabbing something and pulling it in close, and squinted at his paw. This went on for a few more ‘groceries’ in stunned silence until

“Is that the shopping cart??” The raven squawked.

Posted 04/09/23

You hear the ‘thump thump’ of the music inside - and though not in a grand flash of inspiration, you begin to move.

‘One-two, one-two’, in time with the ‘one-two, one-two’, you bounce your head, you tap your feet and - ‘one-two, one-two’. You drop and dance, you stand and turn, you spin and drop, down on your feet, bob your head, with the beat - ‘one-two, one-two’ - the music rolls, you clap you stamp, you sing:

‘La-la la, la-la la.’ In time with everything!

There’s music there’s a door, the bouncer waits, you do your dance, you sing and clap, you—

The music ends, you come to a sudden halt, and realize that the line behind you is getting kind of impatient.

You’ll find a new rhythm when you’re inside.

Posted 04/09/23

In the faint, multicolored light filtering out of the club, Haunt radiated incandescent beauty. Her veins glowed with an unearthly, white-blue shade what pulsed in time with the music that was loud enough to be heard outside. In life or death, she ever remained the most stunning sight Naji had ever laid eyes on.

Haunt spun in place, a wicked glint in her eye, until they were back-to-back. Her ghostly form couldn’t convey touch like it used to, but electricity shivered up his spine like she’d set off fireworks in his brain. They both did a quick shimmy, Haunt singing along with the song like he knew she would. Then, they both spun in opposing directions until they were face to face, taking a step apart as they did so. Space achieved, they leaved towards each other and back again, shimmying their shoulders as they did so. Haunt stared directly into Naji’s eyes as she sang a particularly suggestive lyric. Despite himself and the decades of their love, he still felt the impulse to blush, even though he no longer had the biological functions to do so.

This would be far more fun to do inside the club though, so he cocked his head questioningly at the bouncer. Was that enough of a show to be allowed in?

Sansa being a natural dancer, didn’t even hesitate to show off the newest moves she’s learned. Showing the ravens how it’s done, she moved her legs in rhythm, counting in fours. “This will really work out your knees!” she said as she started picking up the pace. “Don’t forget to swing your wings!” before long she had an entire flock of ravens bouncing around doing the cawwwrleston

Posted 04/09/23

A humble offering from Mornah, who has chosen chaos.

“it stands for cr(ow d)ab crab”
“crows and ravens are not the same”
“I know :)”

Posted 04/09/23

Dance? Thought the raven.
“Um, ok” The bird’s voice crackles, clearly mind having gone blank at the quick wrench in the plans of just going in and blending into the black and glow sticks.“Sure, dance. I can do that!”

“Well?” The bouncers voice growing semi-impatient.

Placing the ends of his wings on his hips, elbows protruding from his sides, he begins to strut forth, moving his shoulders up and down. Head lurching forward and back.
The bouncer, placing a wing over his eyes seems to groan at the display.
“I said dance you turkey! And the funky chicken ain’t no dance! Especially not the way YOU do it!”
The raven swallowing hard stops, seeing the crowd laughing at his attempt. Feeling himself grow small he turned for a brief moment to try and leave, looking over his shoulder and seeing a strange looking pair of ravens go in. Frowning he turns and walks up to the bouncer once again. Puffing his chest out and giving a nod. “Dance, fine. The watch this!” With a nod of his head he lifts himself onto his head, trying his best to push into a head spin. Only to find he can’t seem to get his balance. Turning then to lay upon his back and spin. Which comes across, albeit less than graceful.

The laughter of the crowd and the bouncer only seems to grow.
Wiggling himself onto his feet, he begins to break dance by landing splayed legged onto the grow, then using his wings to toss himself up and forward onto his feet again. Spinning around on his heel and then doing a few moves as though he held an invisible object between them.
“That’s my best so far.” Hoping it pleases the bouncer enough

Prizes for this activity have been distributed, or I’ve contacted you if something needed to be fixed!

If you didn’t receive your prizes but did make an entry and I didn’t contact you, then I made a mistake. Echo me and I’ll get your prizes!

These entries were THE CUTEST. I thoroughly enjoyed reading and viewing everyone’s entries!! Thank you, everyone!

Posted 04/10/23