15:31 ST
May News Discussion
Mayday! Mayday!

Well… sort of. It’s May, anyway.

^ that was a beautiful poem by glitch. You’re welcome.

I can’t believe it’s already May >_>. We’ll be a year old next month. How crazy is that?! I feel like we’ve really begun to find our stride, and things are going very much more smoothly than they did at first :) Well… except for the fact that I totally forgot to put the May OotS into the database for like twelve hours… oops.

Not a lot of visible site-wide changes have happened this month, so there’s not awfully much to talk about here yet, but a lot’s been going on on the backend (you may have noticed a substantial speedup in page load times over the last month) and there’s always more to do. In terms of things that you guys get to see and play with directly, here’s a list of things I’d like to get done soon:

- fix up the avatar code so that they display driftshrooms etc
- have a karass-breaking item (nobody liked my suggestion of calling it “divorce-o-tron-9000” :<)
- get Echolocation and Mushroom Meals out of playtesting
- narrate chapter 2 (hopefully with Myla and Prose!)
- get at least some kind of indicator up in the custom shop to give you an idea of where you are in line
- get another game up
- open the new (currently verrrry seeeekret) item shop
- get customizable human avatars up and running
- get started working on the summer event ^u^
- figure out what to do on June 21st, when Mycena Cave turns one year old!!!

That’s a pretty ambitious list, but we should be able to get a good chunk of them done before June 1st :)

Yay May! To those of you who are students, I hope your finals aren’t being too rough on you <3

EDIT: oh yeah and I removed daemon from the echolocation highscores before handing out prizes =P

Posted 05/01/14, edited 05/01/14

I like that name. The 9000 puts a shiny touch to it. ouo

Also- I think, on June 21, it’d be cute to have a birthday cake on the front page, or some kind of event where we have to collect candles or what not. Maybe even release a special item? I dunno- it’s all very exciting!

-cant wait for this new seekret shop-

Posted 05/01/14

I like the divorce-o-tron-9000 XD
And ooooh, seekrets >.> Yay birthdays! ‘pops poppers’ :D (celebrating a month too early)
Games, and Summer Event :DD

Posted 05/01/14

Oh I had a question about karass’s! (so many S’s…..)

I dont know if its been asked before but…. if a ineki were to be turned back into stone, would that break the karass? :o

Posted 05/01/14

Divorce-o-tron-9000 for president!

Looking forward to Mycana’s first big day! Although it does mean that exams must be coming soon for me ick. I personally vote for cake to be involved somehow, or maybe a big ‘Happy Birthday!’ banner.

And confetti, can’t forget the confetti.

But yeah! Sounds like things are certainly chugging along rather nicely.

Posted 05/01/14

That list makes me super excited ehehe X3!
-dances around in the May-ness of MC-

Giving out free birthday pets is always a super awesome idea :‘D? (But oops lots of artist work ;3;) >3>;

Oooh a new shop? :3
Posted 05/01/14
Foxcat: petrifying a pet does not break a karass :)

“- fix up the avatar code so that they display driftshrooms etc”

omg I had no idea this was being planned! I’m super excited.

“- get another game up”

yesssssssss

“- open the new (currently verrrry seeeekret) item shop”

oooooh

“- get customizable human avatars up and running”

OOOOOHHHH

“- get started working on the summer event ^u^”

omgomgomg

Yeah I’m looking forward to this stuff, hehe. Also I totally forgot mycenacave is almost a year old…it feels younger than that…maybe I haven’t spent enough time here >:| well I’ll fix that

Posted 05/01/14

I like the name Glitch came up with… XD Not sure if it fits in with the other item names though.

More games would be awesome! (Though I am getting pretty good at Cave In.)

I wonder if the ‘very seeekret’ item shop will have something to do with the lovely Customizable human avatars planned? *ponders*

Summer event? Yay! I love events!

You aren’t the only one who forgot Mokitty… I was thinking it was launched in august for some reason. DX

Posted 05/01/14
I like Shizuo’s idea of collecting candles or something on Mycena’s birthday (and/or as part of the summer event?). :3 It makes sense for a birthday as well as the theme of the site, since it can be pretty dark in a cave. Unless… Mycenians decorate their cakes with GLOWING MUSHROOMS? 80
Posted 05/01/14

I WANT CAKE WITH GLOWING MUSHROOMS ON.

Posted 05/01/14

Lots of exciting things!!
I’m most interested in the secret shop and the eventual event! Wheee!!!

Also, I just got grades back today. Finals weren’t as bad as I thought, I did pretty well and I completed my math and physics requirements, so that’s a huge relief.

There’s so much to be excited about this month :D Count me in as someone else who can’t believe Mycena’s almost a year old already, but time flies, etc. etc. I can’t wait to see what you guys have planned!
Posted 05/01/14
Wow almost a year already? Time sure flies :3
Posted 05/01/14

So exciting!  Personally most looking forward to the games (and another game?!  :D) 
Plus the event.  :D

And my curiosity is piqued on the shop.  :3

I vote super awesome special raffle thing for birthday!  :D Babies/customs?  I can dream.  XD

Posted 05/01/14

I second Rettikin’s vote! >.>

Love you guys~ <3

Posted 05/02/14

Secret shop? *squints suspiciously* Hm hm hm!

Ah yes, I am excited for May :D I can tell it’s gonna be a fun month.

Posted 05/02/14

“EDIT: oh yeah and I removed daemon from the echolocation highscores before handing out prizes =P”

Boo!

Posted 05/02/14
It’s okay, daemon.  I sent you some really great compensation prizes. ;)
Posted 05/02/14
Oh! glitch! I was wondering if it was possible to make it possible for us to be able to edit an ineki’s profile before we carved it. :o
Posted 05/02/14
Thanks Myla! You’re the best!
Posted 05/03/14

Sapphy-Vision/Sapphy Translation:
-(everyone should’ve liked your suggestion of calling it “divorce-o-tron-9000” ono)
- GamesGamesGamesGames
- Storytiem with glitch OUO -sits crisscrossapplesauce-
- QUEUE INDICATOR YESSSSSssssss
- GAMESGAMESGAMESGAMESGAMES!!!
- oh god i’m going to go broke i bet. oAo BUT ITEMS!! so excite <3
- CUSTOMIZE ALL THE THINGS o/ ((plz no make me more broke))
- SUMMERTIME IS FUNTIMES. Yea~
- ANNIVERSARY EVENT THING SMUSHED WITH SUMMER EVENT??!? or maybe just little thing. <3 But glad there will be something.

Posted 05/03/14
In response to some issues that came up with a recent trade, we have posted a set of Trading Policies stickied in the Trading forum. Please review them when you get the chance, and before making trades with other players.
Posted 05/07/14
I love this I can’t wait :D
Posted 05/07/14
Mycena, Turning 1 Year Old already? Wow, time has passed!
Posted 05/08/14

Yeah, I’m on the same “I can’t believe Mycena is almost a year old” boat that everyone else is on.
Time really does seem to move more quickly the older you get. @__@

But anyway, all of the new features sound very exciting!

Posted 05/09/14
Posted 05/11/14
Posted 05/12/14
Foxcat: dslkajfasd best reaction oh my gosh.
Posted 05/12/14