22:28 ST
[UPDATE] New Guides, Forum, and Knowledgebase
Information and Guide Updates

Hi, everyone!

In continuing our efforts to make information on common site features more easily accessible for those who may be unfamiliar with them, we are excited to announce the release of several new guides and other information-related updates.  Below are some of the updates you’ll notice around the site!

• More guides/FAQ added:
    • General Queue Information and Rules
      This guide contains information about what our queues are and how they work.

• Sprout Order Guide
      Is your geness considering having a sprout of their own?  This is the right place to find out more about the sprout ordering process!

• Edit Order Guide
      Do you have a unique pet that you like but want to tweak into something you love?  This guide is full of information about the process of ordering edits!

• Paw Print Guide
      This guide gives in depth information about Paw Prints (PP)!  If you are wondering what PP are and how to purchase them for yours or someone else’s order, look no further!

• Forum Tagging Guide (this is still in the last stages of being edited but will be uploaded soon)
      This guide goes in depth about our forum tagging system!  If you want to know how and when to tag your forum posts, check this guide out!

• FAQ About Staff This information has been added to the “About Us” page!
      Interested in learning more about the staff team?  Read more here!

• A new forum added: Player-Created Guides
    There are already a few very impressive player-created guides floating around out there!  We love that our players are taking a proactive role in assisting the community in such a way, and wanted to create a special home for these guides.  If you think there is information that other players ought to know, we encourage you to utilize this area of the forum.  We’ll be moving all currently existing guides into this forum, but if we miss yours, send the mods or community coordinators an echo and they will move your thread.

• A new, centralized location to find all of these guides, the Knowledgebase, has been added under the Help menu.
    We will continue to add to the knowledgebase and all of the guides will continue to be linked to where relevant around the site as well!

We hope that these guides prove to be helpful, and if you any questions, find anything to be confusing, or notice something that we may have missed, please don’t hesitate to send an echo to Myla! We’re always happy to receive community feedback!

Posted 06/29/17, edited 06/29/17

These are cool! There’s a typo/incorrect link in the Sprout guide (in the second “sprout order rule” bullet), where it tries to link to /order/queue_guide (a 404 page), when it should be linking to /kb/order_queues :)

i’m a big fan of the “custom-queue sprout”. Domi here cost 31pp all told (including a zoop through the edit queue), and I was able to specify exactly the kinds of colours and edits I loved while still maintaining a connection to his (ineki) parents and their lore :D

(I’m curious, are there other “custom-queue sprouts” on-site yet?)

edit:
As a suggestion, maybe clarify what is means by “PP Limit”, that the system doesn’t allow you to receive more PP than the sprout tier you select?

I’ve ran into this problem before when I had 28PP applied, and had set the PP limit to 34. My order screen said “other players may buy up to 6PP for this order”, and had the “other players can buy pawprints” note, but the system wouldn’t let them (and just gave a generic error message), because I had the sprout set to “heavy” (the 28pp level) and not “ultra heavy” (the 34PP level). It took another few days contacting glitch to figure out why it wasn’t working.

In my particular case, I was waiting to set it to ultra heavy until I knew the PP was applied, since if it had been picked up by an artist before that last 6pp had gone on I would have had to either pay $30/6pp out of pocket or lost $28 (from the 1PP:4g conversion) + time waiting in the queue) when it was cancelled. I thought the alternative (if the order had 34PP before I could switch the dropdown to “ultra heavy”) was better, since my options were either getting an ultra heavy/34pp sprout since that’s what paid for, or getting a heavy/28pp sprout and losing $6 in the conversion.

Of course, since both of those scenarios involved a huge amount of bad luck to happen in a teeeny slice of time, if I had known the system was set up to do that, I would have taken my chances and changed the sprout tier (despite it being tecccccchnically against the rules to set you order to something more than you’re willing to pay out of pocket).

Posted 06/29/17, edited 06/30/17

Jacq
Fixed the link - thanks for the heads up!

Posted 06/30/17

Oooh nice! I woke up to the pleasant surprise of one my my guides moved there! I’m really glad there will be a central place… I’ve had to search for the Drift guide/Sparkly new user guide a few times haha

CrowDove
I have two other guides that can be moved over!

Openable Item/Consumable Shrooms Guide
Seasonal Shop Guide

Posted 06/30/17, edited 06/30/17

Salem
I’m on it! -salutes-

Posted 06/30/17
Jacq I’ve added some wording to the “Sprout Order Process” part of it to make that more clear. :)
Posted 06/30/17
Sweet!  I’m so glad these are being gathered c=
Posted 06/30/17