18:22 ST
[GUIDE] Mont's New Player's Handbook

After months of careful planning and organizing, Mont is pleased to announce that he has published the New Player’s Handbook!

The goal of the Handbook is to provide a one stop resource for new players to become acclimated to the site — from creating their first pet, to earning their first nuggets, to settling down in the community. Mont has covered a wealth of information in his Handbook, and is dedicated to keeping it updated as time goes on. We hope this guide will be beneficial to players both new and old!

You can find the Handbook under the ‘Help’ section of Mycena Cave’s navigation.

Posted 04/24/17
This is fantastic! Easy to read, but very thorough, and contains a lot of information I needed as a new player. Thanks for making this resource!
Posted 04/24/17
Great job Dove and Crow!
Posted 04/24/17

Oh, this looks awesome!

I’d also like to point out Baekhesten and Doragon’s guide here with even more useful info and links for new members to look at!

Modify: I also like the little Mont icons in the “did you know” tips, they’re really cute!

Posted 04/24/17, edited 04/24/17

Hoooray! Mont’s lil heads are very cute and this is a very clear guide!
Does this mean we can expect a Monstrous Manual at some point? :P

(ps whoah what happened to Daemon?)

Posted 04/24/17, edited 04/24/17
This looks fantastic! If I can make one teeny suggestion, I think it might be worth mentioning that single-chara genesses are possible, since I know that was a thing a lot of people wanted and I don’t recall seeing any indication of this either on the new players guide or the Sacred Tree itself (although I may have just missed it, in which case ignore me plz).
Posted 04/25/17

Losty
It’s mentioned that a geness can be made up of any number of Mycenians, but I will see if we can maybe change the phrasing to ‘one or more Mycenians’? :D

Posted 04/25/17

Crow I realize this is a YMMV issue but I feel like it might make it more clear, especially since it would never have occurred to me personally that the way to do it is to have the chara propose to itself (which I find endlessly entertaining, of course). I know it’s a finicky point but I always feel like with guides it’s better to err on the side of extraneous info, juuuust in case.

Thank you for being open to suggestions!

Posted 04/25/17, edited 04/25/17
Love the guide and all the art for it is so cute! i have a minor suggestion as well, maybe mention that customs/sprouts are also sometimes available from site raffles and stuff? :)
Posted 04/25/17

Salem
I will see what we can do! :D

Posted 04/26/17