12:27 ST
Digis Custom / Zaf pet recreation finally online!

Hi everyone,

So, we made an offer to the folks at Digis when Myla and I left to create Mycena Cave - we promised that we would let each Digis user recreate up to two of their Digis characters as customs here (with some restrictions, etc). It’s taken us a while to get set up, but at long last the form is up! So, if you came here from Digis, head over to the link page, link your Digis account, and identify which pets you would like to re-create here.

Please make sure to read everything on that page carefully.

:)

Posted 07/14/13

Two things:
1. Should I remove the items on the pet so you guys can see what it originally looks like?
2. One of my pets is a Gen2 that never completed its growing process because the site was abandoned before it could grow up. Will the mycena pet be in its adult form?

~Thanks for doing this!

Posted 07/14/13, edited 07/14/13

Good question(s)!

1. Not necessary for now - when your pet gets its turn, we’ll reach out to you to make sure we have everything we need. You’ll be involved in the process like you would a normal custom, so there’s no need to worry about something surprising happening along the way.

2. If it was a recent one then we should still have a copy of what your Gen2 would have looked like as an adult. Also it totally sucks that you never got to see it in its adult form — let me know what its pet ID was in an echo and we’ll fix that :)

Posted 07/14/13

I’ve got some questions too.
1. One of the pets I entered was unnamed, will it not work because of that?
2. Will the pets keep their names from before?
3. Will the art be similar?

I’ll try to answer all your questions in one go ;)
All that this is is us creating a custom for you, whose artwork will be inspired by a pet you have / had on Digis.

(so names will not carry over, whether the pet is named or not does not matter, and the art will be related)

Posted 07/14/13

Thank you, I’m afraid neither of my pets were customs and I just now saw that part when looking over the rules, so you should just disregard my entry.

Thank you anyways!

I have a couple questions too.

1. Will we have any input into their designs at all? I have ideas for how to alter mine enough so that they’re different from their Digis designs while keeping their important features in tact.

2. Are they going to be a specific species?

Thanks for this, by the way! I’m so glad you’re giving us this opportunity. <3

I think I can answer the first one. Users are usually pretty involved in the custom design process, as glitch said above. Artists check back with us multiple times to make sure that we’re satisfied, since customs usually cost a lot of money and regardless of price are very high quality.
Posted 07/14/13
I’m aware of how the custom process worked on Digis. I have a custom there, after all. While glitch said the artist would reach out I’m curious how involved we will be since this is a different site and a totally different process. I’m mostly curious if, say, I provide additional artwork for a pet could that be taken into account? Something to that effect. I’m more than certain they’ll show us the custom as they go, but how much impact will the owner be able to have on the custom?
Posted 07/14/13

Sounds good, thanks!
And Myla was super awesome and emailed me what the gen2 looked like as an adult, so no worries. ^^ I still have the file if you need it when the time comes.

Posted 07/14/13

/can’t contain her excitement to see who gets theirs first and how pretty they’re going to be and aah!/
:D Thanks a LOAD for doing this guys.

<3 Everyone’s will look amazing and the customs in the future will look amaze too!

Posted 07/14/13
*head desks* of course I’d have to log into my old account again to be able to get my customs… *mutters under her breath about locking up the Fallout Shelter too tightly and wondering if she’ll figure out how to get back on it*
Posted 07/15/13

@Siren: you’ll be involved in the process. Perhaps not quite as much as you would for an ordinary custom, but definitely enough to discuss what’s important to you, show us any additional example art and steer the process somewhat.

In terms of pet type, the plan is currently to make them all Ineki. As for cat/dog/fox, that’ll be worked out on a pet-by-pet basis :)

@Hina and anyone else who may be unable to access their accounts: reach out to me or Myla directly and we’ll get you sorted out.

Posted 07/15/13, edited 07/15/13

Glitch: Ah, thanks! I didn’t think we’d be able to dictate everything nor did I want to, but it’s nice to know I can keep in touch and provide additional insight.

Also, what about my other question? Will the customs be a particular species like say only inekis? Will we have any input into that either? I’m mostly just curious about this one. I’m not overly concerned either way.

Posted 07/15/13
regarding pet type, it seems you ninja-posted while i was ninja-editing my post to include that ;)
Posted 07/15/13
Oh hey! You did. Haha. Thanks for the info! c:
Posted 07/15/13

42. What about when you shared Digis accounts? Kris and I would both very much like our two customs each. Picking two out of seven is hard, let alone one out of seven each :P

1337. What about when you’ve purchased someone’s custom and they requested to reuse their original design here (although slightly altered) & you gave permission for that? I have no interest in giving up a token to request that particular custom for them, but they do have enough customs to receive two tokens themselves; Could they submit ‘my’ purchased custom as their own?

9001. What about edits? E.g. one of the customs I made on Digis cost $110 due to her hair & eye edit which are practically part of her personality. Do we get a chance to ‘repurchase’ those, too?
9001b. What about edits on gen 2’s? We didn’t choose those, but they’re very definitely apart of how they were born?

3141592. We don’t get to pick an artist of our preference, no? (Like on Aywas, where you get to give a top three.. ..or something, don’t recall precisely.)

Juney, people are allowed up to two customs per person, so you and Kris will be allowed two customs each, even if you shared an account.

If your old custom had edits, your recreation will have the same edits at no additional cost.  The gen2’s will also retain whatever edits they had.  However, you cannot request an edit if your custom did not have an edit to begin with.

Also, we’re not doing artist preference.  That just complicates things on our end and slows down the process.  However, if you don’t want a custom recreation unless X does it, we can probably make an exception.  You’d have to contact me or glitch about it, and be willing to be put at the very back of the line for whomever you’re requesting.

I’ll let glitch answer your 1337 question, because I’m not sure on how to answer that one. :)

Thanks for the answers Myla!

I’d already heard something about two customs each regarding Kris & I, but I was mostly asking it again because I wasn’t sure how it would work with the page here; Can we both fill in account 1500 and still claim two customs?

Posted 07/15/13

Juney:
You can both just link your accounts to the Digis account that you share, and fill in the form normally. For those of you who still share an account here at Mycena Cave, contact me directly and I’ll get you sorted out :)

Regarding the custom issue, that depends on when you bought the custom. If they owned the custom on May 14th, then they are welcome to submit it (they would actually be the only person allowed to submit it). On the other hand, if you were the owner of the pet on May 14th, then they would unfortunately have to sit this round out. With your permission they would of course be more than welcome to use the pet as a basis when creating a custom in the future (custom requests should be opening up as soon as this whole thing wraps up). This probably isn’t the answer you / they were hoping for, but it’s what we need to do. If they would like more details please have them reach out to me by echo.

Posted 07/15/13, edited 07/16/13

Alright, thank you :) For me it’s the same either way. I bought the custom I think over a year ago. Initially, some of us thought you would receive two ‘discount tokens’, e.g. you would be able to create two customs of your own liking (even if they were new, or edited ones), which lead to the idea that previously owned customs, or new customs could be made with them. With this system it’s clear why it’s different :)

She’s lurking, I’m sure, but if not I can always send her a note about your response. Thank you!

One more: Do you guys have any kind of ballpark range for new customs, after all of this? (With that I don’t mean $43,87 excl. taxes, but more $20-50, $50-100 or $100+?)

I have a couple questions myself. Are the ineki going to have wings or not? I ask because some of the wings on my digis matter as they originally have wings & it’ll help me decide which two I want on here before getting the opportunity to bring more on here. What about wing edits? I have a custom with wing edits I was considering bringing on here, too. Also, would I be able to request the digis to have a male lineart if they’re female on digis? I’m not as a big of a fan of the female lineart as I am the male lineart on here (funny that I had the same problem on digis with preferring the female lineart, lol).

I’m so used to being on a shared account that I keep signing my name.

Posted 07/15/13

Not so much a question, just so I’m absolutely sure.

Since pets will only have edits that they had previously, and all of them are to be ineki (as long as the current plan remains) any non-custom zafrii will be basic ineki customs here with absolutely no edits, correct?

Posted 07/15/13

Juney:  We haven’t formally set prices of new customs, but I imagine they’ll more or less be around the same price as a Digis custom (~$50).

Kris: Ineki in general are not going to have wings, but custom ineki may have wings if your Digis custom had wing edits.  For example, if you had a zaf with butterfly wings, then your ineki can also have butterfly wings.  If you had a Nibble with angel wings, your Ineki will have angel wings.  And yes, you may switch the gender of your custom if you’d like. :)

Ishy:  Pretty much correct, with a couple of considerations.  Say 2+ people get the same non-custom zafrii (like albino peacock) which will likely happen with all of the non-custom zafs.  The basic conversion art will be the same, but you can choose whatever eye color you want, you can choose to add some simple markings (like a tattoo/stripes/scar), and you can ask for a minor tweak of body colors. So your albino peacock could have light blue eyes with light blue accents instead of pink, with a simple light blue swirly design on her feet. That way they can be somewhat customized. :)

This also goes for repeat Gen 2’s.

Is it possible to edit/remove a pet’s code once it’s been submitted?
Posted 07/15/13

Oh gosh, I’m so excited, you have no idea ;;
I can’t wait to see Terance and Hyzenko MC-ified.
Thanks so much for bringing our babies to life again on an active site. It means so much to us!

Posted 07/15/13
Yay! I can bring Avelyssia over! *happy dance* Too bad Isolde isn’t a custom. :( Oh well, maybe I’ll be able to get the money up to remake her as a regular custom later on.
Posted 07/15/13

I am amused because Myla originally did my Callie - Digi Custom and I basically followed y’all here in the possible maybe hopes if I can keep track of another pet site to have a Callie back on here too.

Because she’s everywhere on the interwebs. EVERYWHERE> :D

Posted 07/15/13

Kris: Just to build off of what Myla said - the customs created in this push will be inspired by the customs you have on Digis, but will not be verbatim copying the design onto different lineart. So special stuff that was on the wings of your custom nibble will not be “lost”, even if it didn’t have wing lineart edits. If your pet didn’t have wing edits but somehow the wings are important to the character, then we’ll figure something out.

Think of the Digis custom as being nothing more than example art that you submit when requesting a custom normally. As such the name, gender and so on doesn’t really make any difference unless you want them to. Added awesomeness of custom edits on Digis will be mirrored by added awesomeness of custom edits here, in a way that works with your pet and the character you’ve created for it.

Ishy: you can update the pet IDs you submit as many times as you like. The only time they become fixed is once you’ve paid the $10.

I think she’s meaning change which pet you’ve submitted. (correct me if I’m wrong Ishy)
ie; Typo/change your mind, etc.

Posted 07/15/13