09:35 ST
March News Discussion

Just out of curiosity, will there be more opportunities in the future for breedings, and if so, how frequent will they be?

Thanks for all your hard work guys! The Spring event was a blast. :D

Posted 03/03/14
There will definitely be more opportunities for breedings in the future. :)  I’m not sure how frequent they will be yet but we have artists who are interested in that specifically, and we will also probably make breedings available via the customs shop. <3
Posted 03/03/14
Myla glitch - Thank you for reconsidering. I see noproblems with this compromise whatsoever. I’m ecstatic that we have such understanding admins who truly do listen to their users, regardless of the decision made. So thanks for that, as well.
Posted 03/03/14

Gasp! New shop? :O (Unless I’m going crazy and it’s been there forever, lol. Then ignore this xD;.)

Edited because I realized the Drasilis shop had been there for a bit.

Posted 03/04/14, edited 03/04/14
You are correct, that is new c: Also that squirrel shows up in the forums.
Posted 03/04/14
It cling-clings to your head! :D
Posted 03/04/14
Awwww man it’s so tiny and cute ;w;. /pets the squirrel
Posted 03/04/14
This thing. I must have millions of them ._. I WANT A SQUIRREL ARMY C:<
Posted 03/04/14

It is the cutest! :D;
(Even on Eillit :|)

Posted 03/04/14

*giggles*
Nice pink unibrow Tidda, it’s very flattering.

Posted 03/04/14

Oh my, I’m going to HAVE to get one of those squirrels at the end of the month! <3

Edit: Then I log on this morning to see a secret admirer has sent me one. Thank you so much! <3 (but who are you!? I must know! @3@)

Posted 03/04/14, edited 03/05/14
Eyebrows through this thread sometimes, and Tidda, I mustache you a question… X3
Posted 03/04/14
-chucklesnorts at Blemy’s remark-
Posted 03/04/14

Blemy, that just made my morning.  <3

Posted 03/04/14
I’m a little late to the party, but I wanted to say that it is very sweet of you glitch to not only reconsider your idea because of people’s pain, but even create another avenue to help people (with the bone monster.)
Posted 03/04/14
Just wanted to pop in and thank you guys for discussing and reconsidering your stance on recreations. It really means a lot! I’m so glad that you’re so willing to work with your users. Thank you! <3
Posted 03/04/14
hehehe ILU Blemy <3
Posted 03/04/14
I am so confused. Tidda, how does the profile picture of your custom have a mustache but the rest doesn’t?
Posted 03/05/14

@Nine that mustache was a punishment from myla for something or other… that’s why she’s on Tidda’s naughty list ;)

In other news, we’ve pushed some updates to the custom shop! Now you can still see the order form if you have a custom order in already (but you can still only have one order in at a time, so you are not able to submit it). In addition, we’ve added a new category under the “species” dropdown, which allows you to purchase edits for your existing customs (only pets that are already customs can have edits purchased for them).

Posted 03/07/14, edited 03/07/14
Holy shizzle, that is the coolest thing!
Posted 03/07/14
Aaahh thank you so much for giving us the option of being able to add edits to existing customs, I’m sure that will make it a lot easier on people hoping to get some heavily edited customs ;w;
Posted 03/07/14
Ilya’s going to be getting edited soon~ :3 So, yaaay! Super happy! <33
Posted 03/07/14

Ohhh, very cool! This will definitely come in handy later. c:

Also, I noticed you said you fixed the item layering issues… but now my headpiece on Vespy is layered over her kanzashi rather than under. :c Is it possible we’ll ever be able to choose how to layer our items on each pet? Granted, this will take some time, but… I feel it might be a better alternative than constantly tweaking item placement? I think it was brought up a couple times, but you just said you would fix the layering issues and never said yay or nay on the individual layering system. Unless I missed that? ;;

Posted 03/07/14, edited 03/07/14
I was thinking about that as well, Siren. There’s that little tab that shows your pets next to the crafting tab, and when you click on a certain pet, it shows what they’ve got equipped. It would be really neat if we could, like, drag’n'drop the items in the list to get a personal layering effect? Kinda like how we drag’n'drop our pets! I dunno how difficult this would be to do, but I figured I’d suggest it if it hasn’t been already. c’:
Posted 03/07/14
Yeah! That’s exactly what I was thinking. When that tab was first introduced I thought that’s what it was for, actually. heh.
Posted 03/07/14
I’m crossing my fingers for personal layering as well… Especially since Russ’s hat now overlaps his clip, weh. D: Katherine and Buttercup were helped imenseley with the recent relayering, on the other hand, but… yeah.
Posted 03/09/14
Importantish update: we have a new interest rate in the bank.

It’s been carefully engineered to be as close to the old rate as possible, but is now asymptotic rather than linear: it’s no longer ever the case that depositing nuggets into the bank can result in a lower interest payment. This might affect you in one of three ways

By far most people will hardly be affected at all. It will reduce your daily interest payment by about one nugget per 20k or so you have in the bank

Those with hundreds of thousands of nuggets in the bank may find themselves with a marginally smaller interest payment. For example, 200k in the bank will find their daily interest payment reduced by about 35 nuggets (i.e. ~3.5 nuggets per 20k).

Those with so many nuggets that the interest rate went down to zero will find yourself with a positive (but small) interest rate again. Interest payments used to peak at 1m nuggets in the bank: depositing your 1,000,001st nugget would actually make your daily payment go down. If you have 1m nuggets in the bank, your interest rate will be exactly the same as it was under the old system, but depositing more nuggets will no longer reduce your payment: your interest rate will never quite reach zero.

For the curious, the new rate is: 8000000 / (balance + 999999) % per month
As compared to the old rate: (8 - .000004 * balance) % per month
Daily interest payments changed from the green line to the red line:

Posted 03/14/14, edited 03/14/14

Thanks, glitch! That’s really awesome :D

Though I think I’m probably in the worst category for it x3. I lost about 150/day.

Posted 03/14/14, edited 03/14/14
-sits in Jingles’ boat- Oh well, already felt it was a bit high :P (I so appreciate that graph >>)
Posted 03/14/14

Ooh, hey! It looks like unique layering is now a thing! I was able to reorder Ilya’s flower bouquets to my liking! :3

Also, that’s real neat about the interest rates! ^^ b

Posted 03/14/14