14:41 ST
Mycena Cave Ask-Me-Anything!

You can see a recording of the AMA here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZBCTHEXePA

And Juney’s excellent recap:
https://www.mycenacave.com/forums/viewthread/1/2920/2#post_ef7ed3fe37

....and for those of you who enjoy that sort of thing, 16 minutes and 40 seconds of technical difficulties:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK5JjE_aFbs

————————————————

Hello!

Is there anything you’ve wanted to know about the admins, or about Mycena Cave as a whole? Myla, daemon and I will be hosting a live “Ask-Me-Anything”, or AMA, on Sunday February 8th at 14:00 ST (Server Time), and we’ll be broadcasting our responses to your questions live (we’ll set up a page where you can stream us ^^). It will also be recorded, so if you can’t make it, ask your questions anyway and come watch us at your leisure :)

In the meantime, we need questions to answer! So — if you’ve ever been curious about something, head over to our Dory (named after Dory in Finding Nemo, as she has a lot of questions) to ask us anything you like. The way it works is this: you can ask as many questions as you want, and you can vote on as many questions as you want. We’ll go down the list in order of question score, so that we answer the questions interesting to as many people as possible. Daemon has kindly pre-populated the list with a very interesting question, so that you can see what it looks like and how it works.

We may also take a live question or two in chat, but we’ll mostly be pulling questions from the Dory, so as not to bias the questions against people who can’t make it online during the AMA.

So, ask and vote on questions, and tune in Sunday February 8th to see daemon, Myla and I crowd in front of a webcam to answer them :) When it starts, we’ll update this post to include a link to where you can watch us answer your questions.

Posted 01/27/15, edited 02/08/15
;n; Aw this is not something I can attend
Posted 01/27/15
Ah I forgot to mention that we’ll be recording it too (just updated the first post), so even if you can’t make it you should post your questions and you can see our responses whenever you get the chance ^^
Posted 01/27/15

IT’S NOT THE SAAAAME D;

*floods cave with my tears*

Ah well, it oughta be interesting nonetheless O:

Posted 01/27/15
Hrmm… this should be interesting. >D
Posted 01/27/15
*spammed Dory with 8 billion questions* LMAO I’ll stop now >>;;
Posted 01/27/15
Sounds like a lot of fun and possible shenanigans, I’ll try to be there XD -goes to inspect Dory-
Posted 01/27/15
Oh man! A word game would be so cool.
Posted 01/27/15
Terrible time for my time zone, but I’m curious about the answers and will definitely watch it at a later time. @w@
Posted 01/27/15

After reading the questions, I feel like we’re going to get a lot of “no plans as of yet, but maybe in the future!” answers…

I hope I’m wrong! *feels bad*

Posted 01/27/15
Don’t feel bad Foxcat, I thought the same about a few of the questions. Look on the bright side - at least if they’re voted high it’ll be a quick answer and we can move on to other questions ^^;
Posted 01/27/15
Hahaha!  I think you’ll be surprised.  :)
Posted 01/27/15

Myla

Oh yay! That’s really encouraging! :D

Posted 01/27/15
Well I do like surprises c:
Posted 01/27/15
Yesssss omg this is going to be so fun I AM SO PREPARED FOR THIS
Posted 01/27/15
Hope I can watch this live!
Posted 01/27/15
Wow I didn’t realize how many questions I wanted to ask until I voted on everyone elses’ questions. I can’t wait to get some answers on the future of Mycena Cave!
Posted 01/27/15
Whee excited for this! There are a lot of great questions. ;D Can’t wait to see you guys tackle our abounding curiosity.
Posted 01/27/15
I’ve sent in my question. Most of the others already cover what I want to ask, though. c;
Posted 01/27/15

Ooh, wow. I’m glad quite a few of the community seem just as curious about the question I asked as I am. :D

*goes to vote on some other questions*

Posted 01/28/15

Wow this has made me realize how unimagative mycena can be sometimes. You can ask them ANYTHING but half the questions are “When will this be added? Can we have this?” Don’t you guys want to learn about the admins and interesting things about mycena?

Like, I know this is a little rude but some of the most interesting questions don’t have a lot of votes or were downvoted. (And don’t get me started on that glitch/myla question. I find that’s way too personal.)

Posted 01/28/15, edited 01/28/15

Shima: The “if / when will we get ___ feature” is something we expected to a certain extent… Mycena Cave is (still) under heavy development, and we are opaque about what we’re working on until we release, so these sorts of questions do tend to burn rather brightly in people’s curiosities… especially considering this is the first time in Mycena Cave history that we’ve entertained the idea of answering any of them. And personal questions, we don’t mind! It’s really about asking us anything, and if there’s something that’s too personal or we don’t want to talk about, we’ll just explain that when addressing the question.

The Dory will push up questions that many people are interested in, and push down questions that few people are interested in. So while the “top questions” are ones that you may not find interesting, they do represent the curiosities of the majority of our users — and we welcome them, whatever they are. Personally I’m actually very pleased with the distribution of questions at the top, and think there’s a good mix of feature, future, past, curiosity and just plain fun :)

Edit: Also keep in mind that some of these interesting-but-low-vote questions are very new, and haven’t had time to collect a lot of votes yet. Give it a couple days and then see where they are :)

Oh which reminds me — It’s not that we only want to answer X number of questions, it’s that while we’re doing a live event we want to be as efficient as we can at satisfying as many people as possible. So if there’s something you wonder, and it doesn’t get addressed during the AMA, just come ask one of us via echo or something. We’re always available to answer questions :)
Posted 01/28/15

Or our hangout threads, if it’s something that you want everyone to know about but doesn’t get addressed in the AMA. :)

Like glitch said, you can ask us anything, and if it’s something too personal or something we don’t want to yet talk about, we’ll just say so.  I am not easily offended so you don’t have to worry about asking me a question that I’ll get angry or upset about!

Don’t know If I can make it, but I’ll definitely check out the dory and hopefully watch it later. (I’ve been busy lately) 
Posted 01/30/15
All about that battle question.  :D
Posted 01/31/15
Quick update: due to a scheduling conflict, we will be moving the AMA time to 14:00 Server Time.

The first post in this thread and the dory will be updated in just a moment.

Posted 02/01/15
Reminder: this is happening in a couple hours!!!
Posted 02/08/15

Bugger it. :|

To sleep or not to sleep?

Posted 02/08/15
*waits*
Posted 02/08/15