07:20 ST
December News Discussion

November saw some fun goings on!

Lets see… we had our “What’s That Sound” mini-game, as well as our double grand prize raffle. We started off our very first official Mycena Cave Secret Santa. Last month I mentioned that we’d been working on a brand new interface and hoped to have it ready by December 1, but a few components are turning out to need a little more thinking through, so that’ll take a while longer yet. That said, I’ve been working on “back-porting” certain parts of it — specifically, improvements to the inventory system, and improvements to selecting users (no more “type the user’s ID here” kind of nonsense, I say!) — which will be ready within the day! I was hoping to get them done before this announcement, but, you know, it’s already officially the 2nd now, heh.

On a less technical note, I can’t believe the year’s almost over! It’s crazy! Mycena Cave is officially 1.5 years old. Goodness gracious. You old-timers, remember what the site was like a year ago? Did we even have trading in yet by then? I don’t remember. It’s changed so much, yet stayed so the same, it makes me quite happy ^^. I couldn’t be more thrilled with the way things are going: our growing staff (who are all amazing), our growing users (if you haven’t already, you should plop me an echo and say hi sometime!), and in general just, well, everything :)

Happy December, everyone..

Posted 12/02/14
Wooot, 1.5 years of breaking fixing things and developing as a community. :D
Posted 12/02/14
*throws confetti and celebrates*
Posted 12/02/14
*stares* I’ll say. It’s hard to believe it’s been that long… XD This account has to be my lowest ID ever. *rolls around*
Posted 12/02/14

*rolls in the love* wooooooo Mycena Cave!
There’s no place like Mycena Cave for the holidays!
Cause no matter what weather you brave
When you pine for the sunshine of a friendly place
For the holidays you can’t beat Cave, Sweet Cave!
If you want to be happy in a million ways
For the holidays you can’t beat caaave, sweet cave!

Posted 12/02/14
Yay~ It’s already been that long?
Posted 12/02/14

/ sends glitch 100 seperate echos

Pff, not really.
Too bad there isn’t something I can buy for 1 nugget and spam you.
...though if guess I could collect rocks

Happy Holidays, MC!

Posted 12/02/14

Woah - It’s been so long O: And I wasn’t even around until a little bit later on in Mycena’s history. -smiles warmly- Happy Holidays, Mycena. Keep on growing. <3

It’s thanks to the staff’s wondrous skills that we’ve made it this far- Thank you guys.

Posted 12/02/14

We’re nearing our “terrible twos”, get ready everyone XD

Can’t speak for others but I had a fantastic November here. Thanks to the Halloween event item sales I finally got my Kimono pet and I earned enough nuggets to send out my first ever anonymous gifts! What a great feeling ^-^ I’m really enjoying my time here, it’s a great site!

Posted 12/02/14

A wonderful year and a half it has been!! ^_^

Pretty excited to see what else you guys are gonna come up with! :P (No pressure.)

Posted 12/02/14
1.5 years already???? Jeeeeze. o3o I can’t remember if we had trading or not, but I have a feeling that we didn’t. XD Here’s to another 1.5 years of accidentally breaking the site and adorable Mycena art!!
Posted 12/02/14

Aw, Glitch is getting all sentimental… Don’t you know that’s contagious as all get out Glitch? *get teary eyed over the rush to join opening day, the excitement over the first monthly pets, how grateful everyone was about the customs recreation offer…*

How could all that have been so long ago already?!

Also, this is the lowest ID I’ve ever had… And likely ever will have. I usually find sites through google or friends who have been there for months or years.

Posted 12/02/14

I must say that the site has come a long way since I first joined, and I didn’t even join until several months after it first opened :P

And this isn’t the lowest ID I’ve ever had on any site, but it’s pretty close.

Posted 12/02/14, edited 12/02/14
Oh man this is the lowest ID I’ve ever had on a pet site. Ever. o3o I was pretty happy about it though usually I don’t mind ID numbers, but it’s the perfect reference hehehe~
Posted 12/02/14

*sigh* I remember when the site first came online. Everyone all signing up, nabbing their pets. Ahh memories <3

*huggles Mycena*

This is my lowest ID on a pet site, then again I’ve only been on like 4 lol

Posted 12/02/14
And it’s up! Please go have a look at your inventories :D
Posted 12/03/14
Oooh fancy! I loved our old inventories but this one is even better~ Other sites need to learn from you, glitch!
Posted 12/03/14

*Appreciative screech as she OCD organizes everythingggggg*

Thanks glitch! :D

Posted 12/03/14

Control+Click doesn’t seem to work for me and sorting items. It just right clicks.

Edit: Whoops. Yeah I’m on OSX.

Posted 12/03/14, edited 12/03/14
The new inventory is amazing! Thank you so much!
Posted 12/03/14
Glad you like it! Ishy, can macs not use this at all then? I could switch it to shift-click or something…
Posted 12/03/14
I can’t seem to figure out any combination that does work, unfortunately. Shift-click shouldn’t have any issues, though. It typically works the same way on Windows as it does on Mac.
Posted 12/03/14

Omg, this is lovely! *pounces around in inventory*
>.>;; I DO wish there was a button to just sort items in the pockets alphabetically though. <.<;; ‘cuz… That would be nice.

Posted 12/03/14
The inventory “item select” has been switched to Shift-Click to accommodate macs :)
Posted 12/03/14
pppssst.. you should all check out the new username autofill feature when you do things like compose an echo.  I think it’s fantastic, especially for those with hard-to-spell/-remember usernames.  It also makes adding multiple people to an echo very simple :D!

:O

THAT IS SO COOL AHHHHH

Posted 12/03/14
INVENTORY ORGANIZED. OH SWEET LORD, I AM SO PLEASED. THANK YOU. <33333
is there a way to separate stacked items from the group? I was all excited to make a pocket for the items that are already equipped to my pets but it seems the rest of them end up going with.
Posted 12/03/14

Phage there curren’t isn’t, although it is planned.

There is a workaround though, although it is fairly annoying: basically, when you move a stack it will move all of the items that are currently in the pocket, so the trick if you want it to leave some items behind is to make sure they aren’t in the pocket. So, lets say you have a stack of 5 items and you only want to put 4 into another pocket. You could put one of the five items in your markeplace stall (with a ridiculous price to make sure nobody buys it), then when you go to move the stack there will only be 4 to move to the new pocket. Remove the item from your marketplace stall again, and it’ll go back to the original pocket.

I’m sorry there isn’t really a better way yet >>

Posted 12/04/14, edited 12/04/14
How exactly do you put an item into another pocket exactly >.>;;
Posted 12/04/14