08:13 ST
New game in playtesting mode!

Sorry sorry sorry.. I broke things. ;O; It’ll be fixed soooonnnkdjfksdm *hides*

Edit:  Plates should be back (this is what happens when glitchy leaves me alone :<).

Posted 02/15/14, edited 02/15/14
*dies* Poor Myla… *snuggles*
Posted 02/15/14
*climbs into Nyf’s arms* <333 TuT
Posted 02/15/14
Myly, you should watch where you’re going! It’s not good to break plates!
Posted 02/15/14
I can’t believe I broke all 9 of our best china plates at once.  You know what they say about a buffalo in a china shop… >_>
Posted 02/15/14

that they make brand new even awesomer tables, and fix any China they break? :D

okay I’ve been testing the interface on mobile, and it’s miserable :P this drag and drop idea seems pretty promising though! I’m focusing on the upcoming event at the moment so probably won’t be updating this game in the next few days, but don’t worry it’s not going to stay as is

Posted 02/16/14

I just managed to play a game, and if this has eventually ends up having better payout for the time spent, I’ll probably be able to play a couple games per day and actually make some nuggets, aha.

I only managed to play a game of “simple” so far.
I also haven’t read the suggestions in this thread due to current time constraint, but what you mentioned above would be a great help, glitch. Clicking the area repeatedly to find the number you want is pretty tedious — if I could type or drag the number, I could have probably finished it much faster.

Posted 02/16/14, edited 02/16/14

Soo.. For the users that’ve asked for a clear board function, glitch just pointed out that if you want to completely start over (with your current board, clearing the mushrooms you’ve already placed), you can just refresh the page xD I felt a little silly, then, lol.

Of course that doesn’t help if you want to revert to a previous board (e.g. half completed, to the point where you were sure of all mushrooms you placed) because it completely resets it (which will hopefully be changed, because people have been asking for the board to save upon closing the tab, which requires a new clear board function, haha), but it definitely helps if you insist on finishing the game and want to start over :D

Posted 02/17/14, edited 02/18/14
Glitch and I had a fight over the hardest difficulty. It is too hard for me…
Posted 02/18/14
@Glitch: Would it be all right to ask for a feature where we can check to see which mushrooms we put in wrong if we sacrifice some of our winnings? I can’t beat any level because I’m lousy at sudoku, but I still want to play.
Posted 02/18/14, edited 02/19/14
So far all of the difficulty levels have been equally difficult for me, and I haven’t won a game yet.  I won one simple game by writing the puzzle down so I could take notes in the corners. Overall it took me about 1.5 hours. Normally I’m able to complete a suduko puzzle easily, taking at most an hour. So I dunno, the difficulty levels just seem off somehow.
Posted 02/18/14, edited 02/18/14

So far I have completed one game without notes, two with. Main reason I haven’t done more is that doing notes in MSpaint is annoying.

ETA: The without notes was a simple setting, and was actually a moderately easy sudoku puzzle. One of the with was intermediate, the other I don’t know, because it was someone else’s puzzle and I just solved it via screenshot.

Posted 02/18/14, edited 02/18/14
Jingles, have you tried grabbing a pen and paper :D? (I use the math paper from high school, but math paper with the bigger squares from middle school is really ideal.) Instead of MS Paint, that is :)
Posted 02/18/14
I prefer sudoku on pen and paper myself so I tend to copy the grind onto paper, solve it, and then input answers. XD
Posted 02/18/14
I haven’t been able to solve one game yet on any difficulty. :C
Posted 02/18/14
Juney I tried once, but drew the wrong size grid, got frusterated and gave up >_> May be a better alternative, though.
Posted 02/18/14

Tammy, if you need some pointers, let me know :D

Jingles, ohh, yeah, I know that feeling xD You should see my grids, they’re all over the place. When I mess one up it feels so good to put LARGE CROSSES THROUGH THEM because, you know. :D But the grid paper really does help a lot, for me :o

Posted 02/18/14
Juney: The problem I’ve had with every game I’ve played is that I when I run out of 100% correct moves, I get these places where I pretty much have to gamble with where I put the number, and that frustrates me to no end. And I don’t have patience to sit there and work it out. >w>;;
Posted 02/18/14
I’m finding this a be straining on the eyes to play because there aren’t any grids. Maybe it’s just me… idk… Maybe you can make an option available to show/hide grids? That would be great actually.
Posted 02/18/14
Tammy, in the first few difficulties you really shouldn’t have to guess that much :) I’ve only had to guess twice, and that was on expert. There are, however, a few techniques that you’ll learn over time :D So if you get stuck at some point, you could send me a screenshot and I could take a look, see if I can give you a hint?
Posted 02/19/14, edited 02/19/14
Really? D: Because every board, regardless of difficulty, I’ve gotten to a point where I had to guess where the number is supposed to go. ; n ; Maybe I’ve just been unlucky with the boards I’ve been getting, or maybe I’m a dummy. ^^;; 
Posted 02/19/14
Once I maxed out in cave in, I was no longer earning rewards from either game, including the sukudo one. The message I got was “You have already maxed out winnings today. You can continue to play, but will not earn nuggets or record high-scores.”
Posted 02/19/14

Meesh I believe that’s what is supposed to happen! The info on the Games page hasn’t been updated to reflect this yet, but glitch recently mentioned in the February News Discussion thread that there are no longer any play limits on the games. So you can continue to play for fun after maxing out, you just won’t earn nuggets or have the results of those games apply to the high scores board, as the message you received stated.

Also, the daily cap on winnings is a shared cap, i.e. winnings from both games count towards the cap, so if you maxed out playing only Cave In, playing Sudoku next won’t earn you anymore nuggets :]

Posted 02/20/14
Right clicking doesn’t seem to do anything for me.  I’m using firefox if that matters.
Posted 03/09/14

I *love* Sudoku!  I haven’t been able to complete any games, though… mostly I think it’s because there’s no option to either: a) scribble down in the corner my ‘guesses’, b) check if all my answers are correct.

I liked an earlier idea in this thread where you’d get to check if you’d input any wrong answers by giving up some of your nugget winnings.

I also really like the idea of being able to have a mini-grid within the grid, where you can highlight what numbers you think go in that square. So for instance, if I know one square is a 2, 3, or 7, and I know another is a 2 or a 3, I could highlight 2-3-7 in the first, and 2-3 in the second. Most of the Sudoku games I’ve played have had this option. Hopefully someone else who plays Sudoku a lot can help describe what I’m failing to. *^_^*

Really looking forward to playing more. I love the ‘kitchen/mushrooms’ idea and it has a lot of visual appeal as well. :)

Posted 03/10/14

I’ve been playing the game on simple just for fun…it helps me calm down sometimes.

A mini grid would be cool though, as long as you can disable and re enable it(I have a version of sudoku on my zune where this is an option). Sometimes I have a hard time figuring out the puzzle if the numbers are crowding up the empty squares.

Posted 03/10/14

Quick update on this:

Unfortunately, during the play-testing phase we’ve seen pretty rampant use of solvers. To explain how we know this: during the playtesting phase, we very occasionally generate a board that is intentionally extremely difficult, one that is in fact impossible to do without making at least one flat-out guess and then backtracking back to that point if when you get to the end it doesn’t work. We do this because we know that these games will either go unfinished or take a long time to do (sorry if you’ve been tearing your hair out over one of these >_>), yet a surprising number of them have been completed in under five minutes. This is disappointing :\

So, where do we go from here? We’re not going to get rid of the game because many of you enjoy doing Sudoku and it would be silly to make it so that you can’t do that here. However, it won’t be something you’ll be able to make a lot of nuggets off of either. Basically, it’ll be mainly for people who just want to play Sudoku for the sake of playing Sodoku, and who consider a nugget reward as a nice little bonus.

Many of you have given great suggestions on how to improve the interface and make it a lot more fun to play, and we do intend on giving it a facelift and adding a lot of these improvements in (and of course removing the “superhard” frames). However, given that it’s going to be a sort of “auxiliary” game, it’s lower on our priority list than some other more pressing things to do. While the reward will probably end up changing a little bit, it won’t turn Mushroom Meals into a viable way of grinding for nuggets.

I’m sorry if you find this disappointing. I do too :(

Posted 03/24/14, edited 03/24/14
Thanks for the update on this. I think the only thing I’m concerned about is a potential highscore list for this game. I was really looking forward to having a highscore list, especially since I’ve been working hard to improve my sudoku skills. Perhaps you could devise a point system based on what level you play, whether you play with numbers, and how long it took you to play?
Posted 03/24/14
Nine Chances are there will not be a high score list for this due to the presence of solvers.
Posted 03/24/14
maybe you could make the highscore list/nugget payout only worthwhile when the numbers aren’t present? that way it’s harder to use a solver? WOULD that make it harder to use a solver? I dunno if that would help, I dunno how solvers work. :/
Posted 03/24/14