09:31 ST
Spring Flower Rush! [event followup]

Hello!

I hope everyone had a blast this last week in our first site-wide Spring event. Lots of delicious prizes went out, and hopefully you got what you were eventing for (if not, the Trading Post forum is abuzz with new activity and Flower Rush prizes, so go check it out!).

Some fun statistics for you:

- 247 of you took part in the Spring Flower Rush of 2014
- You collectively picked 56,822 flowers. If we count each flower as 15 minutes, that’s one year, seven and a half months :D
- You sent 13,890 bouquets to each other
- You earned 153,769 petals, and have so far spent 117,431 of them at the Spring Garden shop
- You generated approximately 48,273,958 glitchlets of fun (who says I can’t invent my own units ^^)

So what’s next?

The breeding raffle will start being drawn after the Secret Garden shop closes, but due to its nature needs to be drawn one ticket at a time, so it may take a little while to complete the drawing.

Which leaves us with…... the leftover petal raffle!

Up to nine of your leftover petals will be entered into a raffle after the Secret Garden shop closes, so be sure to spend any petals you have above 9 since they will go to waste otherwise. You don’t need to do anything to enter this raffle, your unused petals will automatically be considered tickets. Prizes for this raffle will be:

- 2x Red Garden Bag
- 2x Spring 2014 Mushroom
- 1x Driftshroom
- 1x Changingshroom
- 5x Yellow Garden Bag
- 10x Green Garden Bag

As usual, winning a prize in this raffle removes all of your remaining petals from the bowl. When your ticket is drawn, you can choose any of the unclaimed prizes (i.e. first winner gets to pick any prize, second winner gets to pick any prize from whatever’s left over, etc).

Posted 03/03/14, edited 03/03/14

Nobody important to the site says you can’t invent units of measurement Glitch, and I like that measurement personally. There needs to be a unit of measurement for fun (despite its subjectivity, they have units of measurement for spicy foods and thats subjective).

Yay! Awesome prizes! If my math is right, which it may or may not be since it was late and I stink at math, I should have about 8 petals left after my flowers are converted and I spent as many of those as I can.

Posted 03/03/14

We need a little bar that tells us how many glitchlets of fun are had after events, and each event we can add the glitchlets of fun together, so four years from now the ‘Glitchlets of Fun Meter’ will explode from us having way too much fun.

Thank you for the event, guys! I can tell a lot of hard work went into it, I’m thankful for the raffles and all of the things that have been happening on the site, the lack of issues through it, and just. WAH. So much fun was had.~

I’m looking forward to the next, and all the little bits between. :3

Posted 03/03/14

Yeah, it would be interesting if there was a Glitchlets of Fun Meter.

Thanks for all the hard work that was put into the event! It was really fun, and I can’t wait for the breeding and leftover petal raffles c:

Posted 03/03/14

Nephy: Offline, there is actually a measurement of fun. My technology club measures fun in both terabytes and the amount of radioactivity found in a banana. To explain that last one, the club is a banana’s amount of radioactivity of fun.

glitchlets of fun sounds cool too though.

Gltichlet sounds cute. XD My first thought was mini-glitches, but units of fun is good too. :3 Cause glitch equals fun. XD Glitchling for mini-glitches? Cause you can never have too much? :O

*flees*

In any case, this has event has been fun though hectic especially the last hour. XD I missed picking one flower by one minute. It was insane, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. :3 I managed to get all the stuff I really wanted.

Posted 03/03/14
Changeshroom! :D Whoo!
Posted 03/03/14

I like the idea that you will give us a raffle for the small amount of petals left for the event.

Though I am curious what if you’ve spent enough on the bags then let’s say you want to save some petals for the raffle. What happens if you’ve got any left over like 1 petal left over. Does it get reused for the next time flower picking comes or what? xD

Posted 03/03/14

Petals that are not used in some way wilt… and die…. horribly…. in terrible agony…. so spend your petals. fly off to happy friendly land with all their friends and eat ice cream for the rest of their lives while singing happy songs

(no they will not be reused)

Alice, up to 9 leftover petals will be used in the last raffle, the rest will wilt :)

If you have more than 9 leftover, you could either buy another cheap bag (as those start at 10 petals), or you could just go for the raffle with the 9 & let the others wilt, I doubt they’ll be saved.

Edit: ninja-glitch.

Edit2: glitch, are you suggesting my 1369+43 petals can suffer from pain? They’re sentient? I collected 1412 sentient creatures, and they’re all stuffed together on one page?

That can’t be ethical. D=

That’s really upsetting glitch.
Your terribleness just made my glitchlets of fun go down ;o;!!

Well…
Maybe they would have decreased much more if I wasn’t eying the Driftshroom and Changingshroom >.>;

Posted 03/03/14

*Throws petals at Glitch* Flower killer xP.

I was rather sad I couldn’t buy any breeding raffle tickets. I have 6 unused shop petals and many more extra flowers (darn thing kept giving me what I already had too much of xP).

Do you think perhaps next time there can be some kind of, 1 petal (or game currency) prize? This way if people want to use them that way they can? And so I take it all my extra picked flowers wont turn into petals and be used for raffle tickets? I guess I got confused cause I thought they were. Oh well, I can’t do anything with them.

Posted 03/03/14
LAsDarkFireWolf Your flowers will be turned into petals —- at midnight tonight. :)
Posted 03/03/14
Can the other other petals? (not spent, not raffle) be turned into a nugget each? :D
Posted 03/03/14

You can turn them into far more than a nugget each by buying a green bag and selling it with any nuggets over 10 :D
Or take a chance on the breeding raffle.

Posted 03/03/14
Those prizes are awesome!  And its so great that our unused petals wont go to waste!!!!  Thanks, Glitch!!!
Posted 03/03/14

Oh, a Driftshroom? Mmm, I’m interested! *clutches at leftover petals*

Thank you for organising this event, it was really fun!

Posted 03/03/14
*Counts leftover petals* Oooh! I can’t wait to see if I win ^-^
Posted 03/03/14
WOO PRIZES!! :D
Posted 03/03/14

Thank you Amaterasu c:. And Haha! I love it Glitch edited his post on how the flowers, no longer die but float away to happy land xD!!

Makes me think of Kung Fu Panda from last night, where the old turtle is taken away by the peach tree petals.

Posted 03/03/14

I hope I’m not the only one getting disgruntled at the fact that I accidentally spent one petal over.

Just kidding.

Well, I am disgruntled, but I’m sure it won’t matter too much. Feh.

Thank you for hosting the raffle guys. c:

Posted 03/04/14
Huh right after this post I was trying to spend down my petals, ended up getting to zero… Not my best choices where made in this event. But I did enjoy it, and thought it was a great event to meet everyone and the site itself!
Posted 03/05/14
I really enjoyed this event honestly, it was a cute idea and a way to get you interacting with people you might not normally. (:
Posted 03/09/14

I got my tickets/left over petals ready for both raffles!
I can’t wait \o/

Posted 03/09/14
-sets up camp and waits to see who gets drawn- OWO
Posted 03/09/14
-crosses her fingers- I’ve been eagerly awaiting this. =o
Posted 03/10/14

I’m not going to be able to sleep until I know o3o
Which is ohnoes since results may not happen until tomorrow…. Or…. Later today >3>
-melts into a puddle on thread-

Posted 03/10/14
glitch said he drew them already, Blemy. So as long as he’s not sadistic, you should know relatively soon.
Posted 03/10/14

Well, at least we know the breeding raffle won’t be until a bit later, which is a good thing, or I’d be up all night staring at the screen, ahah.
But I’ll give it a bit for the other raffle and if not, I *think* I can make myself go to bed for school tomorrow.
...I think >.>;

EDIT: Oh, good stuff, I think I’ll camp for the results x3

Posted 03/10/14, edited 03/10/14
Jingles- Oooo, cool cool. I am half relieved then… X3 hah
Posted 03/10/14