12:51 ST
Vote on Mycena Cave issues that matter to you!

The only thing is the trade fee isn’t even a deterrent. You even admitted it wasn’t a deterrent to people opening new accounts to get free pets “for a cheap trade fee”. So the trade fee was never a deterrent for anything really, just annoying.

EDIT because a “queue cool-down” appears to be a popular idea in this thread, I figure I should say a few words about it. I think I am perhaps not understanding the idea: say I want 5 customs and pay 5 people to place orders for me. I’m never even in the queue, so a cool-down wouldn’t affect me in any way. Unless I’m misunderstanding what people are referring to by a cool-down, it seems to me that it has a fairly negative side-effect (preventing people from rejoining the queue after they leave it) while not actually having a positive effect on the issue at all.glitch

No it wouldn’t deter someone from shopping for someone to put in their order. But if it’s going to make it harder for me to get my own custom because you took my slot and now I have to wait before I can order my own then maybe I won’t be so willing to sell my slot. That is the point. If people can’t talk someone into letting them use their slot then they won’t be able to queue hop.

*edit I did make a post I had thought detailed the reason that I felt my suggestion was better here. The main point is that the point of a deterrent is that it is supposed to make someone not want to do something. Preventing trading a new custom won’t deter someone from finding someone to sit in the queue for them, and actually would give an incentive to then do the same for the breeding wait because without any initial trade no ones going to notice pets being moved just before entry into the breeding queue. Then probably around the time the 60 days are up the sprout will show up. Once sprout comes send parent on and wait again for the sprout. After all that time has passed is anyone really going to be watching what is going on?

Meanwhile I feel like an ass because the person I got a gift for can’t enjoy it because its stuck on my account.

I’m really not trying to be difficult about this. I’m honestly pointing out that the current option doesn’t seem like a deterrent at all to someone who would get someone else to order a custom for them. The custom is still made. The only ones who are really put off are people who are trying to spring a nice surprise because now the surprise is you can’t have the gift I made you.

If you want to stop it from happening you have to find a way to stop it from ending up in the queue in the first place. That or it needs to be declared an actual exploit and make people concerned about the consequences if caught.

This is just my opinion. But I hope people can understand.

Posted 05/05/15, edited 05/06/15
That’s why I suggested an account cool down. Nothing to do with the queue or trading at all. An account simply can not receive a custom in any way shape or form until a cool down period has ended. So if I’m buying 5 “queue slots” from other people, it’ll still take me just as long to own all of them as it would be for waiting in the queue (roughly).
Posted 05/06/15
There’s no way to make customs account bound or locked to a soecefic account, is there?  The person ordering the custom as a gift would just say who the custom was for in their queue order form? I realize some people might still abuse this , but it would be a way of monitoring which custom is going where.
Posted 05/06/15

A quick clarification regarding Issue #3.

It’s one thing to say “we no longer support placing orders for someone else”, it’s quite another to say “hey you know that gift order you placed a month and a half ago? you can’t actually give it for an extra 2 months”.

As such, in the event that one-way pet transfer fees are abolished in favor of a delay before a custom can be traded, orders which have been in the queue since before May 3 (when this vote was announced) will not be affected by the delay. So if you’ve had a gift-to-be in the queue since before May 3rd, you will be able to trade it immediately. The vote page will be edited shortly to reflect this.

Posted 05/07/15
Thank you Glitch, my one worry (because the my luck the first custom I have put in the actual queue is for someone else) had been addressed. .
Posted 05/08/15, edited 05/08/15

Now that the vote is over and the preliminary results show that only one of the three issues requires staff to change/address anything…

I was wondering when the elimination of the 3 gem trade fee and 60 day wait limit on trading customs would be taking affect?

Just a passing thought I figured I would throw out there.

Posted 05/30/15