03:39 ST
Look, a new guy!
Uh, hello! My name’s Bug. I’m a writer and I love making up characters and worlds. I already made up the lore of my first Mycenian and the general setting that all of my Mycenians are going to be in. Basically, it’s a cavern that is a post-apocalyptic city, and my Mycenians are the only group of animal life in it. They are together in a colony, and they call themselves the Shadows. It’s more detailed on my profile, but yeah! I’ll mostly just trying to get nuggets for new Mycenians and some items to make Runes pretty with (Got 2 already, just need 2 more). But yeah, heyo!
Posted Jan 20

Hi, BugInTheWater! Welcome to the cave!

Your Mycena Cave lore is interesting! Mine is a bit less dark, my Mycenians run an Inn, though there’s no true owner, most of my Mycenians will be living there. Haven’t really gotten around to doing their profiles yet due to laziness..

If you’re ever having trouble using the site, these guides may help: New Player’s Handbook and Knowledgebase.

Posted Jan 21
Thank you! Your lore sounds pretty cool too ^^
Posted Jan 21

Hey BugInTheWater!

I’m not very Mycena canon-compliant unfortunately, but I work on my lore in my own way ;;

What it items did you have planned for Runes? The long fangs look cool, they’re a really new item so I didn’t even know they existed yet. I think I’ll pick up a pair now though…

Posted Jan 21, edited Jan 21

Hi! That’s totally ok, this game seems to be pretty open and so am I!
Besides the ones I already got, I’m planning on getting the Drifty Moon Necklace and Black Dainty Antlers! They looked super cool on her in the Puddle.

Posted Jan 21

BugInTheWater

Thanks! I also got my hands on a new coat this week, I’m hoping I can get my ideas finalised over the weekend. Then maybe I’ll write up a proper profile. Or maybe not, most likely.

The drifty moon necklace looks great with the fireworks variant of the pine forest background on Frosted.

Oh by the way, it’s not that important on this thread or many others since it’s slow moving here but say you want to get someone’s attention, the way you ping/alert a user on here is by typing [ @ username] without spaces.

Posted Jan 22

Chickpea
Oh, thank you! I’m used to subscriptions being a thing since they’re on the other sites I play, so I had thought people could get notifs if they posted on a thread.

But yeah, good luck with the writing! Honestly I relate… Life and procrastination don’t go too well together, lol.

And I agree! I had a secret admirer gift the necklace to me after I bought it for Runes, and I didn’t want to resell it nor the one I bought, so I decided to put it on them since another seceet admirer had just sent them and their items to me, and I’m glad I did, it inspired me a lot with Frosted and Runes’s relationship. People here are so nice, honestly. I’d been worried that nobody was really going to interact with me or like my lore and stuff like that, so this thread and those gifts helped a lot. Also, sorry for rambling, oops.

Posted Jan 22

BugInTheWater

No problem! The BBCode guide is also pretty indispensable for the forums.

Have you had a chance to look at the Adventure system yet? It’s in beta at the moment, but if you’re into creating characters and lore you can play through user-made games and stories.

And again, no problem, ramble away! Always down to hear about lore/dressup/random pixel dog trivia, haha. It can be a bit quiet here (although people are nice, I agree) so I’m happy to talk to someone new. I know what you mean about items inspiring characters. I was going in a completely different direction with Guivret for example, when I noticed a sword item called ‘Excalibur’ had been donated and fit the colours perfectly. Now that’s what I’m bouncing my ideas off.

Posted Jan 22, edited Jan 22

Chickpea

Thank you for the guide! I looked at Adventures in my first 24 hours here I believe, so I’ve done the tutorial and the hide and seek adventure! I love them, and I kinda want to make my own set in my cavern now. And I must admit, making Runes a kindergartner and having the Shadows be make-believe was pretty cool and also developed a bit about the setting as well!

Thank you! I get worried easily when it comes to talking. It’s hard for me to get people to talk to me IRL as well as on most sites, so I’m super happy to get to talk.
For the Moon Necklace, It made me decide to make Runes and Frosted a geness soon (I haven’t gotten to due to a big, but the staff are working on it!) and have them have matching costumes, as well as making the blood moon symbolism for the Shadows’ religion! (Edit: I forgot to mention Frosted is planned to be a sort of religious leader as well!) The awesome thing about lore is that the most simple things can inspire you.

Posted Jan 22, edited Jan 22