14:39 ST
[ACTIVITY] My Corner of the Cave (May 7th - May 21st)
Instructions

Similar to some activities we’ve run in the past, this activity has two categories - one based on your characters and one based on you, the player. For each category, your task is to show us a personal room, house, or other space that is important to you or your character. This can be a home, a safe or special place, or a “dream” space. You may complete this activity through art or writing, with specific guidelines provided below.

Activity Length

This activity runs from May 7th through May 21st at 23:59 ST.

Entry Guidelines
  • Your entry must portray a personal space associated with yourself or your character. The space can be a personal room, house, or other space that is important to you or your character. This can be a home, a safe or special place, or a “dream” space.
  • You may create as many entries as you’d like, but you will only receive credit for up to 2 entries. These may be two character-based entries, two player-based entries, or one of each.
  • Please put each submission into its own post.
  • Art-based entries:
    • The entry may be created in any medium, from drawing to creating a depiction of the space in another game such as Minecraft.
    • Your piece must show a reasonable amount of effort equivalent to at least the level of a clean sketch.
    • Character entries must be for a character with a Mycena Cave representation, though they do not need to exist in canon. Please be sure to link to the relevant character’s profile.
    • Your entry must include any necessary credit for assets you may have used (ie., stock images, fonts, etc).
  • Writing-based entries:
    • Entries should use descriptive language to describe the space and its contents.
    • Character entries must be for a character with a Mycena Cave representation, though they do not need to exist in canon. Please be sure to link to the relevant character’s profile.
    • The entry excluding the title and profile link should be at least 200 words long.
Prizes

The participation prize for this activity is the Cottage Garden Background. Each player may earn up to two participation prizes - one for entering a piece into the character category and one for entering a piece into the player category. All participants will also receive a sticker.

Raffle

In addition to the Cottage Garden Background, we will be raffling off one random Cave Capsule for every 10 unique participants. This raffle will be drawn on May 22nd, following the conclusion of the activity.

Activity Links

Any questions or discussion relating to this activity may go in this thread!
Posted 05/07/22, edited 05/16/22
For anyone interested, this conveniently coincides with a scribe and canvas circle about making content based on scenery… ;3
Posted 05/07/22
ooo I love it!
Posted 05/07/22

Before I just edit my art entry post, I figured I’d ask to be sure ^^; should we make two different entry posts- one for the art entry and another for the written entry, or keep them together in one post?

EDIT: to add if we’re doing two characters instead of one character and one entry about oneself.

Posted 05/15/22, edited 05/15/22

Rowyn
It would be easiest on our end if you were to keep entries in separate posts, please! I’ve updated the rules to reflect that.

I also would like to add that, while initially the ‘one of each category’ bit in the rules was meant to denote character/player entries, I can see how the phrasing could be confused to mean art/writing instead. Since there haven’t been a ton of player entries at this point anyway, we’ve decided to alter the rules to allow players to submit up to 2 entries of either type instead (which I’m going to reiterate below so everyone hopefully sees it :D)

Your two submissions can now be any combination of character/player-based submissions!

Originally it was outlined that we’d count one submission of each type per player, but have noticed there haven’t been too many player-based submissions. Understandably, character spaces are more fun to imagine than real places. So, we’ve changed that bit to allow you to do two character submissions if you wish!

Posted 05/16/22
Crow thank you for the clarification! ^^
Posted 05/16/22
Being able to do two character submissions rather than one of each is a nice change; I wasn’t sure if I was going to do a player entry (lack of ideas), but I do have some ideas for another character one, so that’ll be nice to do! Thanks for the change on that!
Posted 05/17/22

Reminder: It’s the last day to participate in this activity!
Submissions close after 23:59 ST tonight!

Posted 05/21/22
My Corner of the Cave has concluded!

There were so many lovely entries; I really enjoyed looking and reading through them all! I know places can be difficult to write about (and difficult to draw, too), so the effort is quite appreciated! :D

We had 49 individual participants who created 70 pieces. And since 49 is awfully close to 50, I’m just gonna round up and say we’ll be raffling off 5 random cave capsules!

The raffle winners are:

All stickers and prizes will be handed out momentarily!
have now been handed out!

Please let Crow know if you were missed!

Posted 05/22/22, edited 05/22/22

this was a really fun event, i really enjoyed it thank u so much!!

You opened a Cave Capsule 2017 to find a Howling Harlequin Mushroom!

thats a cool coat, thank you!!!

edit: also can i just say I LOVE THIS BACKGROUND

SO CUTE

Posted 05/22/22, edited 05/22/22

I agree with Miranda! i actually had more fun with that event than I thought I would! It was fun to venture out and do scenery, which is something I rarely do.

You opened a Cave Capsule 2016 to find Phoenix Sparks!
I’ve been wanting to get this item for a while so this was really a treat! Thank you for holding this event!

Posted 05/22/22

This was definitly a surprise to wake up to, but a welcome one at that. Thank you for this event <3 It was interesting to get to know others characters out from their rooms.

You opened a Cave Capsule 2014 to find Inky Paws!

Ooh something I’ve looked at before but not gotten, nice!

Posted 05/23/22

Got a Hopeless Romantic Mushroom. :o

Fancy!

Posted 05/26/22