03:08 ST
[EVENT] The Walk of Three (Jan 23rd - Feb 6th)
The morning of the first day of spring, Mycenians gather in the heart of the caves and celebrate the Three—the sorceress, the wanderer, and the Bone Monster. This tradition began in the early years of the cave, and comprises of a day-long festival, followed by three separate expeditions to honor the three most important figures in the history of the caves.

The festival lasts from the early hours of the morning until sundown. Mycenians enjoy bountiful feasts and play a variety of games, while elderly Mycenians gather to tell stories of the early days of the caves. As the sun begins to set, they begin to prepare for the second part of the their gathering. They separate into three groups, all of them bearing baskets full of ripe fruit and fresh flowers.
The Walk of Three, Mycenian Tradition submission by sweaters
Event Information
  • The event will start at 12:00 noon ST on January 23rd and run through the end of the day on February 6th.
  • This event, based on the Mycenian Tradition submission by sweaters, will comprise of three small creative activities - each meant to symbolize one of the three journeys traditionally undertaken during this celebration. Each activity will have its own set of participation guidelines and prize.
  • Participation in at least one of the associated activities will earn you the event sticker.
  • Each activity will have its own submission thread, and will be linked from both the announcement post and the Town Square page.
  • At the end of the event, a prize thread will be created where you can select your prizes based on your participation.
The Activities
  • The Wanderer: Carve a Companion
    In reverence of the Wandering Stone Carver, create a Mycenian coat! At least three player-created coats will become official Forever coats.

• The Bone Monster: Gift or Gallop
    Create a piece of artwork or writing depicting your Mycenian either leaving a gift for the terrifying Bone Monster or tempting their fate by seeing just how close to the entrance they can get.

• The Sorceress: Eat, Drink, and Glow
    Leave a snack, drink, or glowing lantern at the far reaches of the known Cave to help guide the Sorceress home from wherever it is she’s disappeared to.

Posted 01/22/22, edited 01/23/22
Can’t wait for it to start!
Posted 01/22/22
Ahh sweet love to see more user lore! The prizes are gorgeous too <3
Posted 01/22/22
Ooo cool theme!
Posted 01/22/22
By the decree of the great Bone Monster:
Let the festivities begin!!
Posted 01/23/22
Yay!
Posted 01/23/22

I’m so EXCITED!!!!!

also may I just say these prizes are awesome and very generous…….  and I’m so so hype for new Forever coats!!!!!

Posted 01/23/22
This is a really nice event. It incorporates mycena lore and a user submission, isn’t super stressful, and has a few different options for addressing each part. I like it a lot, and love seeing everyone else’s entries!
Posted 02/05/22, edited 02/05/22

Cave capsule 2021 seems to be bugged. Every time I open it, I get another cave capsule.

Still haven’t managed to open it.

Posted 02/07/22

Sherushi
Thank you for reaching out about this! We’ve passed the problem on to Glitch and Myla, and will let you know once they’ve been able to resolve it.

Posted 02/07/22
I don’t suppose its possible to get an an oots clothing item instead of a mushroom from the prize thread ? dumb question i know im sorry
Posted 02/07/22

I really loved this event, it was very low-pressure and REALLY fun and the prizes were awesome, I love that we get to pick old stuff we might be missing or want extras of! ;w; Plus it was great looking at everyone’s submissions :D

I’d love to see more mini-events like this in the future, or even see this again next year :D Thanks staff for putting it together, and thanks sweaters for having a Giant Brain :D

Posted 02/07/22, edited 02/07/22
This event was really great, and I like the way we can choose our prizes, but I think I may have found a glitch - even though I posted and took part in the Bone Monster: Gift Or Gallop activity, I didn’t get an Arcane Scars item yet, even though I already got the Cave Capsule and Glowworm Lanterns. I’m confused. Either way, this was fun!
Posted 02/07/22

Featherfoot

Not a glitch - Crow has to hand out the Gift or Gallop prizes manually so the scars are getting handed out with the other prize you picked from that event! As soon as you get your choice of prizes from the prize thread you should get your scars too. :>

Posted 02/07/22

Thanks for clarifying that, Purr! :’) I knew I forgot to do something last night (like making a post on the forums to explain that point haha). Now that I’m rested and not staring at things with midnight-eyes, I will work on getting the arcane scars out to participants!

Laggingbehindreality
In the interest of fairness, we can’t make exceptions to the prize guidelines.

Posted 02/07/22
This was a really nice low pressure creative event. ^^ Also, fun to have the prize drops being pick an old item.
Posted 02/07/22
Cave Capsule 2021 has been fixed! :D
Posted 02/08/22

I really liked this event! The prizes were very generous, and it was amazing to see everyone’s creativity for the Carve a Companion activity! There’s so many gorgeous designs in there that I would adore seeing on the site as permanent additions, so I’m excited to see which ones get picked!

(I was about to say “it’s a shame only 3 will be made into Forever coats”, but looking back to the thread, I noted that it says “at least 3”, so that’s very exciting, because again, there’s so many good designs in the submissions!)

Posted 02/08/22, edited 02/08/22