04:45 ST
[EVENT] Soup, Stones, and Snakes (July 25th - Aug 25th)

The Cave, despite its vast array of denizens and lively settlements, remains largely unmapped. Its tunnels run endlessly deep, and new, previously unknown pockets of Mycenian life seem to constantly be discovered by those who make adventure their lifestyle. Most of these distant caverns exist largely solitarily, connected to the Main Settlement by nary more than a thin supply line—just in case.

Driven by Kerric and his Adventurer’s Guild, and aided by Ambrose and a small collective of like-minded Mycenians who have begun to call themselves the Mapmaker’s Society, more concentrated efforts into mapping out the Cave have begun to take shape. Together, they make journeys into the unknown depths of the Cave, drafting maps and uncovering whatever information they can about any previously unknown settlements they come across.

There is always a flurry of excitement when someplace new is found—and the discovery of Cobbletown and its surrounding cavern is no different. With the townsfolk’s okay, the call has been sent out to invite adventurers and researchers alike to investigate its secrets and, ideally, create a lasting bond between its denizens and the rest of Mycenian society.

Visit the Town Square for more information

or

Travel to Cobblestone Cavern to get started!

CrooaaaaaAAAAAK!

Posted 07/21/21, edited 07/25/21
Oh! This is going to be fun I love the summer events
Posted 07/21/21

Me, having been peddling away at creating profiles for my own little sections of cave:
“YES GOOD.”

Best event. Excited for more lore. :D

Posted 07/21/21
Looking forward to the event and see what kinda lore-building stuff will happen. :) Also, good luck with the alpaca birth!
Posted 07/21/21
Toad chants in the background
Posted 07/21/21
Sounds like an awesome event. Looking forward to it! Also, good luck with alpaca birth :D
Posted 07/21/21
Aww yiss can’t wait! :D And hope the alpaca birth goes well.
Posted 07/22/21
Event!  ... but O,O baby alpaca???  You realize pics will be obligatory <3 fingers crossed everything goes smoothly for the birthing <3
Posted 07/22/21
Yessss I am so excited! I love this premise!! Time again to dust off my canon characters. *u*
Posted 07/22/21
Yay! I’m excited! Having it be at your own pace is great for me this time around because maybe I’ll be able to complete the event before Baby Api arrives (since my due date is the second to last day of the event XD) I can’t wait!!
Posted 07/22/21
Yay!
Posted 07/23/21

I’m so excited! This is my first summer event one this site and I am really looking forward to it!!

And I hope the alpaca’s birthing goes well, if so then it’s a baby shower

Posted 07/25/21
The summer event Soup, Stones, and Snakes has launched!

Please check out the Town Square for updated event information as well as the event directory!

Posted 07/25/21
Heads up, if you’re trying to play Snish on mobile, make sure you’re in landscape mode or the controls don’t work right (yet).
Posted 07/25/21

Glitch is currently fixing the memory game’s issues with saying you’ve already completed the activity for today when you haven’t yet done so!

Edit: it may be that all the games are not properly giving out credit. glitch is troubleshooting the issue!

Everything should be fixed now!

Posted 07/25/21, edited 07/25/21
Is there (or will there be) an Adventure tag planned for this event, so if people are looking to play through the event-specific adventures they can find them easily?
Posted 07/25/21
Posted 07/25/21
Can event submissions be used to fulfill Creative Collective requirements? E.g., Using The Soup adventure posts for the Roleplay Circle or creating an adventure for the event but also putting that in the Adventure Circle.
Posted 07/25/21
I’m having issues being able to click on the tiles for the memory game? When i click them, nothing happens.
Posted 07/25/21

I can’t answer all of the questions asked so far, but both the issue with the memory game and the question about an adventure tag were both passed on to glitch!

However, I can answer Nyfeaena - you are most certainly allowed to use event submissions to fulfill creative collective requirements!

Posted 07/25/21
I figure this might get lost in the Discord, so best to bring it here—It seems like there might be something wrong with the daily reset timing of the new games. Both Snish and the First-Time Forager game did not reset at 00:00 site time, but the Bumbleberry Brew game did!
Posted 07/26/21, edited 07/26/21

I think there might be an error with Bumbleberry Brew? My game has been stuck like this since the first round I played yesterday:

I assume it’s supposed to reset after each round, but mine never did. And now the number of plays has reset to zero, but it’s still stuck. :(

Posted 07/26/21

WindyFox
Did you click the ‘walk away with x’ button a the bottom of the screen? The game won’t move on to the next round until you do so, so if you’ve skiped that step then it will just stay put on the current round!

Posted 07/26/21
Hooray, thanks Crow!
Posted 07/26/21
KeeperGreymuzzles Yes, I clicked the “walk away with x” button, but it didn’t reset. It did add to the number of rounds played the more times I clicked it, but, other than that, nothing changed.
Posted 07/26/21, edited 07/26/21

WindyFox
That does sound like you have might have a bug, then. I’d suggest trying a hard refresh (ctrl+ f5) and then a cache clear to see if either of those steps resolves the problem, (maybe test another browser if you can, too), since Glitch was working on some bug fixes yesterday and browsers don’t always pick up changes as quickly/easily as they ought to. It could be something as simple as your cache or one of your plugins/extensions (if you have any) meddling with things.

If that doesn’t work, then glitch will probably need to take a look - and it would be good to know what browser you’re using too, since it doesn’t seem to to be a universal issue and could well be browser-specific.

Posted 07/26/21
KeeperGreymuzzles Clearing the cache and hard refresh did nothing. :( I use Firefox as my main browser, but I tried logging in via Chrome as well and it was no different.
Posted 07/26/21

WindyFox

By chance are you using any adblockers / other extensions that can change websites? You may want to try disabling any/all of them and see if that helps!

Posted 07/26/21

seconding what purr said, i had a completely unrelated extension once that made it impossible for me to do stuff on mycena! it wasnt until i turned off all my extensions and turned each on one by one that i found the problem

good luck i hope u can get it to work!!

Posted 07/26/21
Purr Just checked after disabling my adblock, but it’s still stuck. :P
Posted 07/26/21