21:25 ST
December Productivi-Day (ends 23:59 ST)
Welcome to December’s Productivi-Day!

Productivi-Day occurs on the 15th of each month, running from 00:01 ST through 23:59 ST. If you wish to participate, all you need to do is take a little bit of time and work on something creative that relates to Mycena Cave!

Examples of things that count:
  • Mycenian profiles
  • Geness profiles
  • Roleplaying
  • Creative Collective entries
  • Pretty much anything that has to do with Mycena Cave!
Things that don’t count:
  • Homework
  • Housework
  • Dishes
  • Meal-prep
  • Anything else unrelated to Mycena Cave!

Please post a link to what you’ve accomplished in this thread in order for your participation to be counted! All posts must be made before the activity ends at 23:59 ST - any posts made or edited after that timeframe will not be counted towards this activity.

All participants in today’s Productivi-Day will receive a sticker for their efforts! Stickers will be distributed in the day or two following the activity. And, since it’s the last Productivi-Day of the year, we thought we’d go out with a bang. :D We will be raffling off 2 prizes of 50,000 nuggets each among participants!

We look forward to seeing what you accomplish! :D Have fun!
Posted 12/15/20, edited 12/15/20
Posted 12/15/20
Did a drawing for the canvas circle!
Posted 12/15/20
Did some work on Lucky’s profile!
Posted 12/15/20
Worked on colouring/shading a gift for a friend. I can’t show the whole thing because she clicks spoilers and it’ll ruin the surprise, but I can include a largely-unspoilery snippet

Also did some work on the drift guide for a planned New Year’s overhaul :D

Posted 12/15/20

I worked on planning my big adventure! Mostly lorestuffs, so can’t post bc spoilers. :x

Also worked on stuff for secret santa. Which I also can’t post, oops.

Went and set up a demonstration for a refillable, upgradeable consumable that can hold the player’s choice of liquid, with each player able to have a different liquid.
https://www.mycenacave.com/adventures/manage/5104/demo-potion-flask

I also updated my Adventure System Modules thread to include instructions on how to install and use the module: A link here!

Posted 12/15/20, edited 12/16/20
Posted 12/15/20

did everything here
*ollies out on my dope skateboard*

Posted 12/15/20

I made header and footer banners for Hoax and -Bat, for their Forgotten/Brew geness profile ~

Posted 12/15/20
Posted 12/15/20
Worked on my scribe circle entry
Posted 12/15/20

~ Worked on recipe reinvention entry
~ also a little bit of adventure circle
~

Suffering through some adventure work, writing up Temperance.
Posted 12/15/20
My Wintersfeast entry: Creative Cuisine
Posted 12/15/20
Pet profile — trying to iron out details of a new character.
Posted 12/15/20
I drew Tal!
Posted 12/15/20
I hammered out some details for Fel’aeith’s page, which previously had only their name, physical description, and layout!
Posted 12/15/20

I did Scribe Circle! And also moved the chicken coop and cleaned the catio and designed purr a character and introduced the new hens to Mr. Chicken…...

It was a very productive day

Posted 12/15/20
Posted 12/15/20
I did some character-y work on Ezekiel! Not quite a profile yet, but it’s forming!
Posted 12/15/20
Did my scribe circle entry today ^^
Posted 12/15/20
I worked on a canvas circle entry. I’ll probably poke at it some more later this month, now that I’m looking at it again, but it’s getting there!
Posted 12/15/20
Updated/started Enthalpy‘s biography.
Posted 12/15/20

I worked on my canvas circle entry for a while…but didn’t quite finish.

Here’s what I managed, for now.

Posted 12/15/20
I made some progress on a drawing of my character Melko.
Posted 12/15/20

I’m working on my Wintersfeast entry. I may not finish before midnight, but I think I’ve got a decent amount so far anyways. (I’ll shift my progress over to a different pet closer to midnight so you can see how far I got).

edit:

nvm I’ll just put what I’ve done in here

winterfeast prep / practice

Seasonal Summer Rolls

If you’re in the southern cave-hemisphere, enjoy a sunny holiday afternoon with this chewy and crunchy summer roll! Full of fresh veggies, rice vermicelli, and served with spicy peanut sauce, this recipe scales super easily and is very flexible to substitutions!

Why you should make this:

Pros: Easy! Healthy! Naturally gluten-free! It’s also trivial to make vegetarian or vegan without sacrificing flavour or feeling like the “veggie” version of other food.
Cons: Lots of prep, especially for a single human. Finished rolls don’t keep very well so it’s much better if it’s assembled/made right before eating.

Ingredients

• Fresh Veggies! (I used spring onion, bell peppers/capsicum, carrots, and cucumber)
  • Rice Vermicelli!
  • Rice Paper
  • Basil Leaves, ripped into smallish pieces. (Can sub thai basil, coriander, and/or minot or vietnamese mint)
  • Peanut Sauce (recipe below, in the spoiler)
  • Protein(s): I used Surimi / fake crab, and a salty garlic tofu (recipe also below, in the spoiler)

Instructions

1. Prep:
  2. Prepare rice vermicelli according to package directions (usually something like “put in hot water for 8 mins then run under cold water”) and drain
  3. Prepare peanut sauce
    Ingredients
    • 1/2c peanut butter (I like crunchy)
    • 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce or Oyster sauce
    • 1 glug sesame oil
    • a big squirt of sriracha (or other hot sauce)
    • (optional) 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar and/or lime juice (lemon juice is okay, too)
    • 1/4c hot water

Instructions

1. Put everything except the hot water in a dish and mix it together
    2. add a little bit of the hot water and keep mixing.
    3. It’s gonna look disgusting. SO nasty, like nasty enough you’ll think you messed up. Don’t worry, keep going! It’ll eventually come together and look like a sauce
    4. (important) Give it a taste and see if you need to add anything. It can be tricky to know but it’ll taste like it’s missing something. Add a little bit of salt, hot sauce, sour/acid (lime juice/vinegar), or sweetness (oyster sauce, sugar) until the flavour is where you like it. Peanut butters and hot sauces all have different levels of sweet/salt/sour so it’s a matter of finding what works best for you.
    5. Add more hot water, a bit at a time and stirring in between, until it’s the consistency you like. If you’re storing it in the fridge for later make it a little runnier.

I can’t believe I forgot to take a picture of my peanut sauce oops. I’ll try to remember to get a pic next time I make it. sorry!

4. Cut veggies into long strips (cut spring onions into lil circles - they’re garnish!)
  5. Tear/cut surimi into flat-ish pieces, arrange withtofu on a plate

Can other users make this recipe for the Recipe Reinvention activity?
Yes please!!

I’ve put the full step-by-step with more pictures and notes below, if you’d like to make some or all of this recipe. I know it’s way outside the actual scope of the event, but it’s so tasty I want more people to eat summer rolls!

General notes before you start

This recipe is EASY, by which I mean the skill ceiling is very low. If you are okay boiling water and chopping veggies, you can make these summer rolls (If 1/10 is using the toaster and 10/10 is making beef wellington, every step in this recipe is 1-2 out of 10 difficulty (maybe the tofu is 3/10)). However, the time/effort required, is quite high - for one person to make everything here from scratch, start to finish, takes 1.5-2 hours. There are a bunch of ways you can cut that time down, though:

1. Make ahead. Nearly everything in this recipe can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge up to 48 hours in advance. (Let the peanut sauce come up to room temp before serving).
2. Substitutions. Almost everything in the recipe can be subbed with premade stuff. Ditch the tofu or buy premade seasoned stuff. Instead of chopping your own veggies, use a bagged coleslaw. Shrimp/prawns or premade bbq pork slices make an excellent filling you don’t have to prep at all. You can even buy commercial peanut sauce ahead of time. With premade ingredients, you can put everything together in about 15mins.
3. Spread the load (not the virus load, though). If it’s safe to do so, this is a great collaborative meal. Have everyone bring one or two fillings or sauces, and you have a great meal with friends :)

tofu seasoning

one tbs soy sauce
i tbsp oyster sauce
2 cloves garlic
1tsp honey
1tsp sambal olec
two small spring onions (reserve the dark green part for garnish)
1.5tbsp water

cook the tofu until golden brown and crisp on both sides. Then add the sauce to the pan and cook it until the water evaporates, the spring onion starts to smell fragrant, and the bubbles start looking “sticky” (maybe 5-6mins). Remove the tofu carefully to a plate, then pour/scoop the remaning sauce on top. Top with sesame seeds and a few fresh sliced green onion if you’re fancy.
(Note: this tofu turns out quite salty/umami. It was great inside a summer roll, but if you wanted to eat it on its own I would use a low-sodium soy sauce, and add more water and honey to make it saucier).

RP begun with Nunubun - Link
Posted 12/15/20